KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping the condition of the tire can provide information on how it came to be flat. Example - did it flatten due to hitting something in the road, nail, sliced ?
Is that road fairly busy? Amy cameras? If so , like the other poster said , chances are someone saw a car stop at hers. I feel she had to know or trust the person who stopped to "help". Could the flat been planned ahead of time and the person who did it followed her?

The other scenario is someone random took advantage of the situatilon and confronted her with a weapon to make her get out of the car. I say a weapon because I would think that unless she was going to change the tire on her own and was out of the car, she would be sitting with all doors /windows locked until help arrived - police or auto service. I have female friends who can change a tire but I myself would call road service.

BBM This was my 1st thought when I read more into it. It could have been pre-planned and the person followed her until she pulled over. With cellphones, I'm curious if she was on the phone with anyone at the time "hey my tire is flat, let me call you back" or calling someone for help "I have a flat, come help" or even roadside assistance/AAA. If none of those things happened, I would bet someone was instantly there to "assist" which caused her to leave her belongings inside the car. How many people do you see on the side of the road with a flat NOT on their phones? Like PP stated, this is assuming she was actually the one driving when the car was left there. JMO of course.

The scenario I think of is that she was never on the Bluegrass Parkway and the car was put there by someone else.

Yes that ran through my thoughts as well and in that case - would another person need to be involved - either knowingly or not to provide a ride after her car was left?

never like the words "last seen by her boyfriend" /: really hoping that she's somewhere safe.

It is very sad and I know they have to be thinking about that constantly. I remember when his sister went missing. She was 7 months pregnant and was murdered by her husband and a friend of his. Her purse and keys were left in her car too. The car was dumped in the Ohio River. It took them 3 years to find her.

OMG! This poor family has to relive this all over again.
I cant imagine!
Its no wonder where their suspicions lie!

How heartbreaking!

I have a question and it might be stupid but here goes!

With fingerprints....Can they tell if a print is over another print?

Like if someone drove the car yesterday and their prints are there and then if someone drove it today andtheir prints are over the others can they tell the last person to touch it>

Does that make any sense?

Or does it just show they both were in the car?

The scenario I think of is that she was never on the Bluegrass Parkway and the car was put there by someone else.
Exactly my thoughts. And thinking the same thing PLT, If this were the scenario was the car dropped off and the person walked away or was there a second person and they drove off.

Hopefully witnesses can confirm how long the car had actually been there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. I was thinking about this case that I am linking below. I guess the law has been changed now. http://www.wave3.com/story/9797897/father-continues-fight-for-parental-rights

The Kentucky Supreme Court made the presumption rebuttable in J.A.S. v. C.H.E. on May 19, 2011. It's unbelievable it took that long, IMO!

On the Pray for Crystal's Safe Return Facebook page they mention the search is continuing today and whom to contact for info about it. If anyone can get boots on the ground for Crystal today, you can find that info here: https://www.facebook.com/PrayForCrystalsSafeReturn/posts/1252340268240340

The reward's been upped, but not much in the way of news.

Reward now $40k for info on Crystal Rogers; police, family searches continue
Nelson County Gazette, Bardstown KY
7/7/2015
The family of Crystal M. Rogers, the Bardstown woman missing since Friday, July 3, have raised the reward they are offering for information leading to her safe return to $40,000.
Nelson County Sheriff Ed Mattingly told the Nelson County Gazette Tuesday that the Kentucky State Police crime lab completed processing Rogers’ car on Monday, but would not discuss what evidence may have been recovered. The investigation is ongoing Mattingly said.
Tuesday morning, members of the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office were preparing to continue their search on the Beech Fork River from Loretto Road west. Nelson County Dispatch received reports of family members’ continuing their search on foot an on ATVs.

I hadn't seen that she was kin to the Barnes lady. I'd heard about her murder, but I thought she'd been dismembered and scattered around the woods near Sympson Lake (Bardstown). Not the Ohio River...

Wow. It's been a long while since I have seen a reward so high so quickly.

Obviously, since she was last seen Friday night at her boyfriends house, the next question would be "under what circumstances did she leave or did he realize she was no longer there?"

Reward increased to $60,000 for missing Nelson County mother
crystal+rogers+web.jpg

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/...ty-woman-case-312335341.html?device=phone&c=y
"What makes the case even more difficult is that Rogers is the niece of a Nelson County sheriff's deputy and Bardstown police captain Tom Roby."

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I saw bits and pieces of the report on Nancy Grace tonight. If I'm not mistaken, I believe her car was found almost 12 miles away from where her boyfriend lives. This of course would mean that he couldn't have planted the car there, staged the scene and walked home. He would need a ride or an accomplice were that the case.

There is the possibility that he flagged her down along the highway, she pulled over and got into his vehicle and they left the scene together. A review of his cell phone records may give a good indication of his movements that day, and might help to either clear him or implicate him. I haven't heard if he has an alibi or not, such as being at a job, so I'm assuming that he doesn't.

It's possible a police officer pulled over and picked her up.....or.....someone she knew. She would be well known to a lot of cops around there, and were she to be seen broken down on the highway, I can't imagine one of them wouldn't stop.

A stranger on stranger abduction seems the least likely to me. First of all, she would never accept a ride from a total stranger AND get into his car. She had AAA road service and didn't call it. She had a cell phone in her car, and didn't use it. She could have called her Dad, her boyfriend, her neighbor, her girlfriend............she didn't. She didn't dial 911. If she was sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire, somebody she knew pulled up and she got into the car with them.

If the car was planted there, someone could have easily stabbed a sidewall of the car with a knife or a screwdriver in order to puncture it. This kind of act would be VERY obvious to an investigator though. Same goes for bleeding the air out through the valve stem. Road hazards don't usually result in that kind of damage to a tire.

I think the reason the reward is so high is due to this "supposedly" occurring on the side of the highway. Someone speeding by there had to have seen who was inside the car as well as outside the car, as well as if there were other cars parked in front or behind hers. Long story short, somebody had to have seen who exited that car after it was parked there. What they need right now more than anything is a witness to come forward and tell who they saw and what they saw. 60K would be a pretty good incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member