Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
" a few weeks " uh oh. I hope it is nothing serious Carl. Thank you for the update.

I am replying to the speculation that CR could be Aundria Bowman. Her mother has been located and has submitted a DNA sample it will be compared to CR ASAP. I believe a match is not likely. My source of information says the CR's killer is in jail and
the Holland police are on the right track as to who cause the disappearance of Aundria.

I am replying to the speculation that CR could be Aundria Bowman. Her mother has been located and has submitted a DNA sample it will be compared to CR ASAP. I believe a match is not likely. My source of information says the CR's killer is in jail and
the Holland police are on the right track as to who cause the disappearance of Aundria.

Hello and welcome! Thank you for your insights.

So it is Aundria's bio mother to whom you refer?

Can you tell us if LE knows who RJD's killer is or are they simply speculating they are incarcerated?

Whatever the case, I hope both girls can be returned to their families.

Here's the latest on Aundria:

Last week, I noticed that Aundria was listed on Classmates.com with a Gold Membership. I thought this strange because (as I understood it) persons listed on Classmates initiate their own listings. So I sent a private message to WS member Varye (who knew Aundria prior to her disappearance), and asked her to send a Classmates.com private message to the person listed to see who responds. It turns out that it was Aundria's birthmother who set up the Classmates.com profile. The mother has told me that it's OK to point out that she is WS member Aundria62374 who posted above.

Aundria was born in New Orleans as Alexis Miranda Badger to a 16-year-old mother. She was given up for adoption at the age of 9 months, and subsequently adopted at the age of 2 to a Virginia couple (Dennis and Brenda Bowman). The Bowmans moved to Michigan, and the mother heard nothing more about Aundria until last year when the adoption agency contacted her to inform her that Aundria has been a missing person since 1989, and may have been murdered, and they would like the mother to submit a DNA sample to be entered in CODIS.

She was quite understandably distressed and saddened that she had selflessly given her own daughter up in the hopes that the daughter would live a better life, raised by a stable family. But this is not at all how it turned out.

She started browsing through Google to see what she could find, and although she did not find Websleuths or this thread, she found my YouTube video superimposition of Aundria's photo to Crystal Rae, and thought there was a very strong resemblance. Not knowing who I was, or who Crystal Rae was, she created the Classmates.com profile for Aundria Bowman hoping that perhaps she could get in touch with someone who knew Aundria. That move worked out just as she had intended.

By e-mail, I told her about Crystal Rae's story, and I included the links to this thread. I also gave her Det. Knaus' contact information. She spoke with Det. Knaus and thus, received the info that she conveyed in Aundria62374's message above. It doesn’t appear that the mother’s DNA sample has been put into CODIS yet. But the process is back on track to know for sure whether these two cases are a match. Det. Knaus has told her that if there is an inordinate delay, he will send her a second DNA FRS kit, and they will do a direct comparison.

I spoke with Aundria’s mother by telephone, and she explained the circumstances surrounding Aundria’s disappearance as told to her by Holland PD, which I am unable to convey here without disparaging persons who have not been charged.

Regarding the belief that Crystal Rae's killer is in Jail (for an unrelated crime) and that Holland PD is on the right track as to the person responsible for Aundria's disappearance, that’s quite possible. However, it also may be that the person who they suspect of Crystal Rae's murder may not be the right guy, and the person suspected in Aundria’s disappearance is also the perp in the Crystal Rae case. From what I know (which admittedly is less than what Holland PD knows), the scenario conveyed to Aundria’s mother appears to be quite consistent with the circumstances of Crystal Rae's case.

Welcome to Websleuths. I'm sorry it couldn't be for a happier reason.

Welcome to Websleuths Aundria62374. I too am sorry it is not under happier circumstances.

Aundria62374 is verified for both missing persons case Aundria Bowman and UID forum thread WI Jane Doe - Racine 1999.

Cubby
~moderator

Thank you for your welcome. It does my heart good to know that there are
people out there that remember these poor souls that come to this kind of
end. I like most people though something like this could not happen to
me.
I have spoken with both the Racine and Holland PD and will be sending Racine Detective a sample of my DNA and they will be able to compare CR
and Aundria to check for a match. I don't think they are the same person. Esp
after talking with the Holland PD. :rocker:

Aundria62374,

I pray and hope you find answers on what happened to Aundria, even if CR happens not to be her. Most of us here at Websleuths want to help bring closure to families who are missing their loved ones.

My heart goes out to you.

Well, great to see some action for Aundria and Crystal Rae. I have always felt that the Racine detectives on CR's case were committed to finding both her identity and her killer. And I'm very happy to hear the Holland PD seems just as committed to learning Aundria's fate.

I'm not sure how to hope this works out, KWIM? I wouldn't wish CR's end on my worst enemy, yet both of these girls deserve justice.

Aundria62374, I am very sorry you had to learn about your daughter the way you did. For your sake, I hope the answers come soon.

Hello, I just wanted to update. JD Crystal Rae DNA will be tested against

Aundrias'. I spoke with the detective and he is going to be in touch with

CODIS. There is only the issue of is there enough of the right DNA. I will

be in MI to provide more. This little girl in WI deserves to be named. The

powers that be agree. Bright Blessings. Aundria62374

I e-mail NAUMS and got a response that gives me some hope. The agency
hires detectives, lawyers, and helps people through the anger inducing delays.
May the 11th there will be a march for the missing in MI. I will be there. I will
not leave until the CR Jane Doe has either been identified as my girl or ruled
out. Please Pray for all of us. Thank you all, Aundrias' birthmother.:rocker:

May the 11th there will be a march for the missing in MI. I will be there. I will

:grouphug: (((((((Giant hugs Aundria62374))))))) We are right here with you - whatever the outcome. Prayers answers are found to the whereabouts of your beautiful daughter!

Love,
Cubby

My prayers are with you. Bless you and your daughter.:angel:

Just received word from Detective Knaus.

Aundria Bowman (born Alexis Miranda Badger) has been ruled out against Crystal Rae on the basis of mtDNA testing performed by the University of North Texas.

I'm very surprised, as well. Thanks for the update, CarlK. Sending warm thoughts to Aundria's mother and to the family of this Jane Doe, wherever they may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat