Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very surprised that it was not a match. Hoping one day they will find Crystal Rae's true identity and whatever happened to Aundria. I hope she is safe somewhere.

I was really convinced that Crystal had been found.
For what its worth, and it isn't worth much, I had a dream about her. I was walking across a field towards a white pickup truck. The gate was down and Crystal was lying across the back. I suddenly realized who it was and I started yelling "Why are you here? Why are you here?" meaning who did this and how did it happen. And she raised her head and said in this utterly exasperated voice, "Because I rented it." and the dream ended. It made me wonder if she did rent from the wrong person, and because she was adrift in society, how easy it would be to harm her in that situation. This isn't applicable to anything, we can't even find a name, much less an address, its just a speculation.

I wrote a long post don't think it made it to the intended place. Hopefully it did and I said
all things I wanted and needed to say. peace, CTerk

I wrote a long post don't think it made it to the intended place. Hopefully it did and I said
all things I wanted and needed to say. peace, CTerk

I don't see any other current posts in your name. Apparently, your message did not make it to its intended place.

Once again i have posted and said many things I needed and wanted to say. Where is the
post? Does it take awhile. What I did after I composed it I attached an icon and posted it.
No more energy for this today. Aundria62374 MI is having a missing persons event
in Detroit. May 7 th.

Haven't posted on here in a while but I was thinking we shouldn't rule out some of the missing girls just because height doesn't match closely. People often assume I'm several inches taller than I am because I'm slender and wear heels all the time. Even my own family would estimate me at 5'7" or above but I'm only 5'5". The same could be said for estimating a person as shorter than they really are, especially if the girl ran away several years before this unidentified woman was found.
Also I just have a feeling that the clothes she was dressed in weren't hers. If she'd been burned on several areas of her body then she probably was dressed in something other than a long-sleeved shirt and jogging pants while she was being tortured. The clothing was men's, so there's a good likelihood they belonged to the man (or men) responsible for her torture or the clothing could have been stolen or obtained from a Salvation Army store or something like that.

I'm bringing this back to the front.

Simple question: was Angela Ponte ever ruled out?

Just a few thoughts...

I saw a YouTube video about this case. The woman in the video stated that Jane Doe's post-mortem photograph was retouched and that the area from the nose up is anyone's guess.

The only thing that I read was that she was cut on her face. I also wonder if looking at an unretouched photograph would help identify her better. This is assuming of course that it would indeed be viewable. I don't know how extensive the damage to her face was.

The woman in the video also stated that medical examinations were done to Jane Doe's jaw and that her age is estimated closer to 40.

Thoughts anyone?

Just a few thoughts...

I saw a YouTube video about this case. The woman in the video stated that Jane Doe's post-mortem photograph was retouched and that the area from the nose up is anyone's guess.

The only thing that I read was that she was cut on her face. I also wonder if looking at an unretouched photograph would help identify her better. This is assuming of course that it would indeed be viewable. I don't know how extensive the damage to her face was.

The woman in the video also stated that medical examinations were done to Jane Doe's jaw and that her age is estimated closer to 40.

Thoughts anyone?

Do you have a link to the YouTube video?

I keep looking at those pictures and how similar they are. It is eerie. Could she have been trafficked? Would she have been in France and then in the US so quickly that she could have been murdered like this? The dates would be Friday, June 4th to Thursday, July 22nd. That is seven weeks, minus one day. Wisconsin is between Minneapolis and Chicago, both large Metropolitan areas. It borders on Canada,too. And in those days border crossings were very, very lax.
Are we looking at a trafficking victim?

I just wanted to ask, how did the Racine Jane Doe became known as Crystal Rae? I was trying to follow but I am a little confused. Sorry. :)

I just wanted to ask, how did the Racine Jane Doe became known as Crystal Rae? I was trying to follow but I am a little confused. Sorry. :)

I think that name was coined by the local authorities. She was found in the city of Raymond, so that may have something to do with it.

ETA: I thought it was the name of an actress or singer from years past, but if you google the name, it looks like a *advertiser censored* actress has adopted that name. We should probably stick with calling her Racine Jane Doe.

Just a few thoughts...

Thoughts anyone?

I'm disturbed by that age estimation. I've never seen that before and I really believe a forensic anthropologist would be able to narrow it down to better than between 14 and 40.

If that information is accurate, her details need to be corrected. We already seem to be looking for a needle in a haystack. Huge discrepancies in what details are available are unacceptable.

That just annoys me. :(

I'm disturbed by that age estimation. I've never seen that before and I really believe a forensic anthropologist would be able to narrow it down to better than between 14 and 40.

If that information is accurate, her details need to be corrected. We already seem to be looking for a needle in a haystack. Huge discrepancies in what details are available are unacceptable.

That just annoys me. :(

I couldn't agree more. I just watched the video again and took some notes.

~The woman who made this video said that she has been called the "local expert" on this case. Again, I have no idea who she is but she seems to genuinely want to solve this case.

~The woman who made this video mentioned getting information from the detective in charge of the case as well as a physician's assistant.

~The detective in charge of the case sent Jane Doe's jaw to a forensic anthropologist who estimates her age closer to FORTY.

~Due to injuries on Jane Doe's face, everything from the nose up is a guess and the lady said quote "that's all I am going to say".

~A physician's assitant said Jane Doe could have lost as much as 30 lbs during her captivity.

I couldn't agree more. I just watched the video again and took some notes.

~The woman who made this video said that she has been called the "local expert" on this case. Again, I have no idea who she is but she seems to genuinely want to solve this case.

~The woman who made this video mentioned getting information from the detective in charge of the case as well as a physician's assistant.

~The detective in charge of the case sent Jane Doe's jaw to a forensic anthropologist who estimates her age closer to FORTY.

~Due to injuries on Jane Doe's face, everything from the nose up is a guess and the lady said quote "that's all I am going to say".

~A physician's assitant said Jane Doe could have lost as much as 30 lbs during her captivity.

I think the majority of folks following this case genuinely want to see it solved.

I also think the WI detectives on this case are extremely dedicated to finding answers. I just don't believe they would allow any misinformation to be publicly disseminated. I would hope not, anyway.

If RJD's face, as we have seen it, is nothing more than a "guess," I really don't know how she will ever be identified. :(

They do look quite similar. Definitely worth looking into further. :twocents:

I know this is a little out of left field but I thought it was interesting... This is a side-by side of Casey Bohun's aged composite and Racine Jane doe.

Casey was born in 1986 and went missing in 1989 which would have made her around 13 in 1999.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/310dfbc.html

Attachments

• Casey Bohun vs. Racine Jane doe.jpg
    Casey Bohun vs. Racine Jane doe.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 170
Okay, I know this is the longest of long shots and probably way, way out there, but...

I've been following the thread in 'Crimes In the News' about the 10 year-old girl in Phoenix who died after her family tortured her over a period of time. Such a sad sad story. But in that thread there was a link to one of the news articles about that case that mentions that some members of the family previously lived in Racine, WI.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...11/07/29/20110729phoenix-girl-abuse-life.html

Police said the adults and children had lived at the south Phoenix address for a year and had come from Utah. Local government records show some members of the family lived in Ogden, Utah, from 2006 until 2010. They also lived previously in Midland, Texas, and Racine, Wis.

I'm guessing they lived in Racine before AZ, UT, and TX. And that would put them in Racine right around the time that this Jane Doe was killed, wouldn't it?

I don't know, I was just kind of taken aback that some of this family once lived in Racine and that we have a Jane Doe in Racine Co. that was tortured over a long period of time and has not been identified--maybe because her own family were involved?

Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

Just thought I'd mention it, far-fetched as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5