Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately, I've been wondering if this Jane Doe and/or her killer are somehow connected to the 'Country Thunder' country music weekend event, which is held on a July weekend each year in Twin Lakes, WI (in Kenosha County, which borders Racine County). In 1999, the festival was held on July 15-18. Racine Jane Doe was found early on the morning of Wednesday, July 21st.

One reason I think that there could be a connection is because of the older country-western shirt she was wearing. Surely someone who was into country music in a big enough way to go to something like Country Thunder might have held on to something like that for quite a few years? Plus, that festival attracts people from all over.

Just my latest thought.

I think you're probably right on with the country thing, but wasn't it said that she was most likely tortured for weeks before she was found?

I just keep thinking truck driver. I don't think this young woman was from WI and possibly not from anywhere nearby. I'm sure it's here somewhere, but can anyone specify how far from a major highway, truck stop or motel she was found?

She was found on a semi-rural road, there were open fields and some houses that belonged to people wanting to live in the country but not work there. It is an area the is a couple of miles from I94 and another more minor, but busy, highway to the west. A large swap fest type fair is within ( I think) 5 miles. In my opinion, it is an area that would have been known beforehand to the killer. Its not a place that you would just stumble on, as it is not "Touristy", and is surrounded by more populated areas and industrial parks. I think it was scouted before hand. Google map it and take a look. If this occurred in a truly rural area, he could have just driven off the freeway and dumped her. This area is more populated than that, and the risk was somewhat greater. I think he was organized and didn't leave this to chance.

Lately, I've been wondering if this Jane Doe and/or her killer are somehow connected to the 'Country Thunder' country music weekend event, which is held on a July weekend each year in Twin Lakes, WI (in Kenosha County, which borders Racine County). In 1999, the festival was held on July 15-18. Racine Jane Doe was found early on the morning of Wednesday, July 21st.

One reason I think that there could be a connection is because of the older country-western shirt she was wearing. Surely someone who was into country music in a big enough way to go to something like Country Thunder might have held on to something like that for quite a few years? Plus, that festival attracts people from all over.

Just my latest thought.

Oooo good thought didn't think about that one

One thing I would like to point out is that our doe was not held/tortured/malnourished for long according to LE and her height. She was 5'8. Most children that are held for a long time have stunted growth. So she was either fully or almost fully grown or an adult.

I noticed that this UID's wisdom teeth were not present. Is it possible to tell if they were removed at a dental office or rotted and fell out? I hope that is not a weird question, but it has been bothering me.

I would think if all four of her wisdom teeth had rotted and fallen out, they wouldn't have been the only teeth that had done so. Looking at her dental chart, it looks like in addition to her wisdom teeth, her #2 molar (upper-right adjacent to the wisdom tooth) tooth was also missing antemortem, and three lower-molars were missing postmortem.

I find that kind of strange that those three teeth would fall out after her death. Her body hadn't decomposed, so you wouldn't expect postmortem loss by natural forces. The teeth may have been lost as a result of the physical abuse. But if so, I would expect other teeth to be knocked out besides her molars. I'm thinking they mis-classified the loss as postmortem when they should have classified it as antemortem.

She had a filling in #3, so she did have dental care at some point in her life.

Note from Mod:

Deleted three posts that followed an erroneous comment (which was subsequently deleted by it's author).

Lord, this case just haunts me.

Reading all of the details (again!), it just occurs to me now how odd it seems that she was clothed. Considering the horrific level of torture and abuse she suffered and the fact that she was thrown away in a cornfield, it just seems so unlikely that her murderer(s) went to the trouble of clothing her. I think there's something to that.

Just thinking out loud...

I though about that, too. I wondered if she had put on the clothes herself (and they were maybe the first ones she found), and was going to try to escape, then was discover by her captor(s) and murdered. Maybe I am reading too much into things. I don't know. The clothes themselves do seem like sort of a strange choice, too. Maybe they didn't belong to the perpetrator(s) and they used them in an attempt to throw off LE.

I though about that, too. I wondered if she had put on the clothes herself (and they were maybe the first ones she found), and was going to try to escape, then was discover by her captor(s) and murdered. Maybe I am reading too much into things. I don't know. The clothes themselves do seem like sort of a strange choice, too. Maybe they didn't belong to the perpetrator(s) and they used them in an attempt to throw off LE.

I don't think you're reading too much into it; that's a real possibility. Perhaps her captor had taken her own clothes away, and she put these on. If so, they might be a clue to the person's size.

Some people do not have wisdom teeth. Some have one or two or three. It is an inherited/genetic/familial trait. I had 4 wisdom teeth. My daughter does not have any. Her father didn't have any. If she did not have any and there is no evidence of removal, that is a great way to identify people as it is not that common. Wisdom teeth can be seen on a panoramic dental xray long before they erupt. When they erupt is also varied. So even a xray from a younger child would show wisdom teeth or the lack of.

I wonder if Christine Miller was ever compared to Racine Jane Doe. Even though some of the details are a little off I think it'd be worth a shot. In the DoeNetwork profile for Christine in mentions that she is missing the top of her left ear vs. the profile for Racine Jane Doe where it mentions a deformity to the top of the right ear. The duration of time is long...but who knows.

Christine's DoeNetwork profile:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2615dfok.html

Attachments

• ChristineMiller.jpg
    ChristineMiller.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 104
I wonder if Christine Miller was ever compared to Racine Jane Doe. Even though some of the details are a little off I think it'd be worth a shot. In the DoeNetwork profile for Christine in mentions that she is missing the top of her left ear vs. the profile for Racine Jane Doe where it mentions a deformity to the top of the right ear. The duration of time is long...but who knows.

If Jane Doe had a deformity on her right ear it could very well be cauliflower ear, aka an acute hematoma, that was left untreated. What is sad about this is either way someone most likely was domestically violent towards her (unless she was a boxer or kicked by a horse, etc). She could have gotten it at anytime from the last time her family saw her (if it was not inflicted at home prior to leaving) to fairly soon before her killing. It is easy to hide by one's hair, especially in a female who is concerned about her appearance and diverting attention from boyfriend/partner who is abusing her. So unless someone knew her very well before she passed away, it may not be on her missing person profile. But, chances are (if that is the condition) this may have been a murder from escalation of domestic violence with a boyfriend, etc. If that was the case, she may have been very isolated by her partner, so no-one really knew her much. Especially if he was much older...What I find interesting is it was her right ear and I would think if she was hit that hard on that side, perhaps the one who inflicted it was a left-handed person...? Maybe I have that backwards...LOL.

About a year and a half ago, I spoke with Margaret Loveall of the Tulsa PD, who is in charge of Christine's MP case, regarding the possible match of Christine to an Oklahoma UID.

She said that Christine came from a very poor family, and she was unable to find any indication that she had ever visited a dentist. Since Racine Jane Doe did have a filling in at least one tooth, and all four wisdom teeth missing antemortem (which I suspect were removed by a dentist), she has been to a dentist at least once. This doesn't positively rule Christine out, but it is something to consider.

I know that RJD's DNA is in CODIS, but do we know if LE has possible DNA from her killer(s)?

Also wonder if any dental profiling was performed. Might help to narrow down where JD came from geographically.

I think Christina Richart looks like the Jane Doe. Last seen travelling with a relative, and she fits the stats. It says don't rule out hazel for the eyes. Why not green?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6569/80?current_page=case_information

She seems to be a good fit to me! Even the timing matches up. If you read the details about her case it alleges that she may have possibly been abused by her Aunt and Uncle who had custody of her at the time.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/richart_christina.html

I would definitely suggest calling her in.

I submitted her as a possible match to the Doenetwork crew and will let you know if anything comes of it.

law enforcement had already looked into Christina for this Jane Doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22