FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking along the same lines. JH had no attorney when he was talking to his mom so how would he get that information, unless he was purposely told or allowed to over hear it.

Wonder if this was a ploy by Le to make him feel a little more at ease?

I don't want to believe they made a big mistake like that in such a high profile case. Please noooo!!!!

It could also just be lies from JH. Telling his mom what he thought she'd want to hear.

Why does Annis say "I'm your alibi."

Is she going to say Jarred lived with her THAT night? If so, then why would he have been seen at the Gano house during the same time frame. He had no job in Orange Park, or nearby. He'd been kicked out of the apartment he was sent to as a favor to his family when General and Annis decided he "needed to grow up".

Mom and General had moved to Callahan to a rented mobile home. That is about 40-50 minutes away.

Maybe she's going to come up with a story... "I sent Jarred to OP to bring back ___ or move ___ or do ___ to the house"???

If she was his alibi why would Jarred say don't believe anything you hear?

Why would he be worried about her believing anything?

HARRELL: (indecipherable)...it's just a piece of paper with the judge's signature on it that's all it is.

That is called a warrant Jerred.

HARRELL: they spawned all of their search...search and seizures and everything off of this arrest...so I don't know...(indecipherable)
MOM: and it's not even been signed?
HARRELL: no it's not signed
MOM: Unfreakinbelievable

Jarred, that is an Arrest Warrant and it is signed.

Your arrest had nothing to do with the search warrants they served.

This is why you need a lawyer. To explain these things to you.

Or this.

Hi fellow websleuthers. Been catching up on my reading here. I did go to the link on Firstcoast News. I post on this link from time to time, as" MumofPaul". I did leave a couple of posts there earlier. I couldn't believe what some were saying against Deina Thompson, Wow! That was just awful, so i left my comment!
I did also comment about how i thought it was a bit illogical to me how this POI, J.H., if he did in fact have anything to do with Somer's murder, would not have been more careful to make sure that nothing could be pinned on him if indeed he was the person that did this. In such a terrible case, you would think a criminal terribly stupid to leave behind such evidence, as the child *advertiser censored* for others to find? Knowing also how he lived in such close proximity to where Somer lived? He is either really dumb or perhaps wanted to get found out, if he is the murderer? This was just a thought i had anyway.

Hi fellow websleuthers. Been catching up on my reading here. I did go to the link on Firstcoast News. I post on this link from time to time, as" MumofPaul". I did leave a couple of posts there earlier. I couldn't believe what some were saying against Deina Thompson, Wow! That was just awful, so i left my comment!
I did also comment about how i thought it was a bit illogical to me how this POI, J.H., if he did in fact have anything to do with Somer's murder, would not have been more careful to make sure that nothing could be pinned on him if indeed he was the person that did this. In such a terrible case, you would think a criminal terribly stupid to leave behind such evidence, as the child *advertiser censored* for others to find? Knowing also how he lived in such close proximity to where Somer lived? He is either really dumb or perhaps wanted to get found out, if he is the murderer? This was just a thought i had anyway.

I'm not a profiler, but it seems to me ... if this were a person's first abduction/murder, perhaps the person acted on impulse and out of opportunity. Perhaps the person even scared himself. If the murderer were not experienced and had not planned the act, perhaps he wasn't so careful?

Is it legal to obtain a DNA sample without the subject's knowledge or consent and then later use the sample against the subject to prove guilt? I've seen it done on CSI but that is TV!
After JH was arrested and held in MS could they get a sample from him off of his eating utensils or clothing and use it against him? Just curious!

I could be wrong here, but if le think his dna could link to somer then they may be able to take something he used and get dna from that. but they can't just hold his mouth open and swab it without him allowing them to, a court order would have to be obtained to do that. its like. if you take your trash can to the street that trash is considered public proberty and anyone can go thru it or take it. so the same would apply if he for example " smoked " and throwed the butt down in an ash tray or on the ground then they could pick that up and use it to obtain a sample from and keep that on file..

one thing is known about people that committ crimes is that during the course of the crime a person makes several mistakes that they don't remember ever making. if it was him and he had the mindset to do this crime on somer then during the course of it all, it may not have all played out just the way he intended and made small mistakes that stand out to a forensic examiner...

Dont forget he left his computer behind before Somer went missing.

I could be wrong here, but if le think his dna could link to somer then they may be able to take something he used and get dna from that. but they can't just hold his mouth open and swab it without him allowing them to, a court order would have to be obtained to do that. its like. if you take your trash can to the street that trash is considered public proberty and anyone can go thru it or take it. so the same would apply if he for example " smoked " and throwed the butt down in an ash tray or on the ground then they could pick that up and use it to obtain a sample from and keep that on file..
JMO but trash set at the curb is very different than a cigarette butt where they watch him smoke the cigarette or eating utensils they watch him eat with. The trash at the curb presets a chain of custody issue whereas personally watching him use and throw away something does not. JMO though.

Representatives of Florida Department of Children and Families visited Dailey's Callahan home on Wednesday morning. They refused to tell Channel 4's Jim Piggott why they were there or even identify what state agency they were with. A DCF spokesman confirmed that their employees visited the home.

While it appeared someone was home, no one answered the door either for the DCF workers or Piggott.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22658666/detail.html

Do we know if there are kids in that home?

I know a case where the perp lived in neighborhood and refused to give voluntary DNA, (*they were asking all neighborhood men for samples) so they watched him and picked up a pop can he threw away, got a match on that and he was arrested. He later confessed to watching child *advertiser censored*, grabbing the young girl off the street and raping and killing her. He did his deed all within a 2 hour timeframe, which included dismembering and disposing of her.

This is Canada though so I don't know if this could be done legally there or not. My hunch is that JH's dad's DNA provided them a genetic match. Now they need to do a test of JH's DNA to get a perfect match, after all H.Harrell could have more then one son so its not enough to match the dad.

If JH's fathers DNA provided no match, I don't think we would be discussing any of this right now. JMO

Thanks for your comments on this, re my post. I thought he left the computer after the fact. Guess i have read so much sometimes its all a bit of a blur! I thought i had read where others are saying it may not have been his first time offense? But, yes, i know crims. do get sloppy at times with trying to hide things. If nothing else, and it has been proven about him owning and looking and downloading the child *advertiser censored*, then at least they can nab him for that. From my undersatanding, there are literally thousands out there that have a penchant for child *advertiser censored*. What a deplorable world we live in!

I know a case where the perp lived in neighborhood and refused to give voluntary DNA, (*they were asking all neighborhood men for samples) so they watched him and picked up a pop can he threw away, got a match on that and he was arrested. He later confessed to watching child *advertiser censored*, grabbing the young girl off the street and raping and killing her. He did his deed all within a 2 hour timeframe, which included dismembering and disposing of her.

This is Canada though so I don't know if this could be done legally there or not. My hunch is that JH's dad's DNA provided them a genetic match. Now they need to do a test of JH's DNA to get a perfect match, after all H.Harrell could have more then one son so its not enough to match the dad.

If JH's fathers DNA provided no match, I don't think we would be discussing any of this right now. JMO

I wonder why they did not get the dna from his mother? Anyone..??

I remember reading also about the burnt out house in Somer's vicinity, and how LE were going through that? Wonder if they were looking for evidence of the missing items from Somer on that fateful day?

Is there any factual info. out there that says LE have definitely taken DNA from J.H? There seems to be some conflicting stories, and i live in Orlando, and from what i have seen on our local news channels, i don't see anything much about this case, only that they have a POI. Nothing i have seen to date since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get