Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okayyy, I'm relieved. I was at a loss for the right wording (out of court settlement) when I wondered if I was misunderstanding things. Thanks for explaining.

I agree. TC would have signed anything.

Lesson For Tom: Don't marry the daughter of a divorce lawyer again.

This has nothing to do with government. This was an out of court settlement by both parties. Katie could have asked that TC put on a dunce cap and dance down the sidewalks of Hollywood Blvd. every Monday at noon. If TC agreed to it in the settlement then it's legal. As long as what she insists on isn't illegal then she is within her rights. At least that's how I think it is. Hopefully Gitana can affirm or correct that for me.

I think that not agreeing to that would have been a deal breaker with Katie and she would have insisted that it go to court to be decided. Evidently NY judges take any shenanigans by one parent to alienate the other very seriously. In order for her to prove that the danger of disconnection is a real danger she may have been able to provide testimony to that fact. That's something the COS definitely, IMO, wouldn't want.

-- A report claiming that Suri must be in the presence of Katie's bodyguard and nanny when she is around Tom is "absolutely, 100% false."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/09/tom-c...ce-settlement-suri-custody-scientology-nanny/

This is concerning to me. Not only is TC a hardcore scientologist, but it seems most everyone in his inner circle are scientologists as well. I hope there are some enforceable safeguards in the settlement that will prevent them from successfully alienating Suri from her mother. She obviously doesn't want to keep Suri away from her father, but the potential danger is very real.

CNN had Tom Davis, Anne Archer's son, who is the (or was) spokeperson for the Celebrity Centre of the Church of Scientology on to answer questions concerning what the opposition of the "church" claims. This was done about 4 years ago. During one point Tom says that a person can go to the "churchs" website to find out what Scientology is and what their beliefs are. I call BS as I have been to the website and I have watched their video "What is Scientology" and they tell nothing about what it really is. Tom also talks about the Xenu part of Scientology saying that it makes no sense. Tom suggests that people ignore what is being spread on the web and that they instead go into a "church" and look for themselves. To think for themselves, to find out for themselves. Rather ironic that Tom Davis wants people to think for themselves and be open minded about a "religion" that frowns on thinking for yourself and finding the truth in what that "religion" is truly about.

Scientologist Tommy Davis CNN interview - YouTube

ETA: In further looking into the people that have been able to remove themselves from this cult I found some interesting information. Not only did David M's neice leave the "church" but so did her father and mother. David M's own brother and brother's wife left the "church" before their daughter did. Now doesn't that say something when your own brother decides that the "religion" you are head over is so out there that they can no longer associate themselves with it?!?
The Xenu thing is completely overblown and misunderstood and besides even if you were to take it literally how is it any more whacked than what Mormons believe, that is even more of a UFO space alien cult than Scientology will ever be and one of theirs is running for president even.

Its blown out of proportion. Certainly out of context, you can make any subject weird or confusing. Frame it the wrong way, and most anything can be denigrated and presented in a manner which reduces its effectiveness.
The way that anti-Scientologists would like you to see this material is as religious dogma being forced on a brainwashed individual not in control of their lives - but as someone who has studied Scientology and taken the time to understand it and what it is, I know fully well that the processes themselves, which deal with Theta, life force, in real time and as it really exists in our universe, really do work. I don't treat the OTIII (Xenu level) materials the way others would have you think I'm "supposed" to - its just a small part of a larger package which deals with thought, life, attention, responsibility and control. Suppression is a factor in our existence, day to day and over the millennia .. OT III is a set of materials designed to assist the spiritual being, not necessarily just their body right here, right now, in resolving the subject of suppression itself.

At the end of the process of completing OT III, if you "believe in space aliens" like some sort of member of a UFO cult and so on (Mormons for example), you're doing it wrong. If you instead have a much bigger handle on suppression and its effect on your life, and the life of other beings around you, then you're getting it right.

Am I the only one unsettled by this? I hold religious freedom sacred. While I'm happy for Suri on a personal level and don't agree with Scientology's methods at all, I'm alarmed that a judge would uphold this. I think this is a very, very slippery slope.

Would a christian have the right to get the government to control what their atheist spouse teaches their child?

Or a muslim using the government to control a jewish spouse?

People with different religious/philosophical beliefs marry and have children all the time.

I don't know, this seems unlawful to me. I don't know a lot about the law but it seems to me the government has no legal leg to stand on.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the legalities though. Is this because Tom signed an agreement rather than the way I'm interpreting it?

Family law courts generally do not get involved in religion. On rare occasions, they will state that a child's religion cannot be changed or that a child cannot participate in a certain religious activity. They generally do this by giving legal custody of this one issue, to a specific parent. In CA there is a box to check on the legal custody form that states a parent can have specific and sole decision-making power over a certain aspect in the child's life and a parent can request that that area be "religion". But, like I said, it is very, very rare that the court will get involved, because we do have a separation of church and state and the court getting involved in a breach of that by the government.

However, if a parent is involved in a religion or religious practices that the court deems detrimental to the child, then the court can get around specific religious restrictions by granting sole legal custody and in some extreme cases, sole physical custody, with no or very restricted visitation, to one parent.

An example of that would be the case of Kiri Jewel, a child who was at the compound of the Branch Davidians in Waco TX. She had some visitation now and then with her father. He heard strange tales of extreme abuse and grooming of his daughter, as well as suicide drills and children being trained in combat with the government. Someone who defected from the group gave him tons of info. As a result, he was able to get 100% custody and not have to return his daughter to her mother who was living on the compound. (Her mother was one who died during the siege, of a gun shot wound).

In another case that a poster up thread posted, a mother was granted orders that completely restricted any involvement of her child in scientology. However, the mother was able to show that that was not the religion the family practiced, that the father just started practicing it and that it was acting to harm and brainwash their small child and turn him from his mother. Most important, that case was from 1986 and that was before the feds declared scientology a religion for tax exemption purposes.

In another case I read about, in 2010, a man was prevented from taking his daughter to church because he and the mother had agreed to raise the child Jewish and after the divorce, he changed his mind and unilaterally decided to start exposing her to Catholicism. The mother argued persuasively that this would confuse and harm the child (I disagree, FWIW). http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/easter...igious-dispute/story?id=10201298#.T_twNZFwhK0

However, that was only a temporary order and the court allowed him to take his kid to church in the permanent order (perhaps due to pressure?): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/13/joseph-reyes-can-take-jew_n_536311.html

In this case, no way would the court hear about religion per se, in my experience. However, if Katie argued specifically about indoctrination and brainwashing as well as parental alienation techniques, the court could, possibly, order sole legal custody to Katie and limited visitation to TC, because apparently, NY is much more apt than CA to get involved in areas that touch on religion when parental alienation issues are involved or if the religious practices can be deemed potentially dangerous.

But in the case of an out of court settlement, anything can be agreed to, as Steelydan stated.

I'm not so sure he was "surprised." If it's true that Katie fired Bella two months ago, how did she explain it? It must have been awkward. Then, he did the entire Rock of Ages press and premiere tour alone - gushing all the while about how wonderful Katie is and blah, blah, blah.

I'm thinking he knew there was trouble but his enormous ego prevented him from believing she could possibly out-maneuver him. But she did!

Brilliantly played. Never underestimate a mama bear!

You may be right! But, I think if she was smart, she could have come up with an excuse for firing Isabella, ("Oh, it's just not working out right now." or "We're creating a new department in a few months and folding this one for now", etc.).

And if his ego prevented him from thinking she could out maneuver her, that doesn't explain why or how he could get over his shock so quickly that he was, indeed, outmaneuvered.

No, I really do think bad publicity for him and especially for scientology, caused the quick settlement. It averaged about three or four bad news articles per day online about him and scientology. Hits on youtube videos about the cult, etc., skyrocketed. Katie never said word one about TC's church and yet speculation was rampant and scientology and all its oddities took center stage immediately and almost violently. 10 days and more damage was done to the church by Katie's silence than all the defectors' books, videos, and testimony over the last 60 years combined, have ever done, IMO. Miscavige knew it, TC knew it, hence, a quickie settlement.

BTW, I'm watching JVM and she just said this might be the speediest divorce settlement ever.

It's the fastest one I have ever seen.

Okayyy, I'm relieved. I was at a loss for the right wording (out of court settlement) when I wondered if I was misunderstanding things. Thanks for explaining.

I agree. TC would have signed anything.

Lesson For Tom: Don't marry the daughter of a divorce lawyer again.

How about this lesson for TC: Don't be a controlling jerk to your wife or a bizarre fanatic during your marriage.

I am very happy that Katie had the resources to do what she did, if indeed, she got the deal that is being reported. Too many average joes do not escape so unscathed from such a situation.

The Xenu thing is completely overblown and misunderstood and besides even if you were to take it literally how is it any more whacked than what Mormons believe, that is even more of a UFO space alien cult than Scientology will ever be and one of theirs is running for president even.

Its blown out of proportion. Certainly out of context, you can make any subject weird or confusing. Frame it the wrong way, and most anything can be denigrated and presented in a manner which reduces its effectiveness.
The way that anti-Scientologists would like you to see this material is as religious dogma being forced on a brainwashed individual not in control of their lives - but as someone who has studied Scientology and taken the time to understand it and what it is, I know fully well that the processes themselves, which deal with Theta, life force, in real time and as it really exists in our universe, really do work. I don't treat the OTIII (Xenu level) materials the way others would have you think I'm "supposed" to - its just a small part of a larger package which deals with thought, life, attention, responsibility and control. Suppression is a factor in our existence, day to day and over the millennia .. OT III is a set of materials designed to assist the spiritual being, not necessarily just their body right here, right now, in resolving the subject of suppression itself.

At the end of the process of completing OT III, if you "believe in space aliens" like some sort of member of a UFO cult and so on (Mormons for example), you're doing it wrong. If you instead have a much bigger handle on suppression and its effect on your life, and the life of other beings around you, then you're getting it right.

Well, I won't argue with your experience. You know what you know.

But, I am unaware of any religion, including Mormonism, that withholds tenets of that religion until adherents pay a certain amount (which runs in the hundreds of thousands).

No, too many of us also have firsthand experiences with this religion (or with people who have fallen victim to it) and how it has bankrupted so many hapless people seeking solace, enlightenment, whatever, over the years, including before DM took the reigns. And all of us are aware of LRH's famous words that the best way to get rich is to create a "religion". :twocents:

One of the articles posted here is about her attorney. Evidently he is considered one big :censored: :censored: by those who go up against him, but he usually wins. They had a quote from a woman who's ex husband used him and she said she had the :censored: beaten out of her. She said it took awhile to come to terms with it, but she said Katie hired the right guy.

Here's the article: http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...efsky-and-firm-described-ruthless-nasty-tough

And here's the quote;

...Tricia Walsh-Smith was at the receiving end of AMS when she divorced Phillip J. Smith, chairman of the Shubert Organization. She told The Daily Beast Katie "needs cutthroat lawyers because Tom is really powerful. The dirtier the better, so I think she made a good choice. They are known for being ruthless, and they normally win. They beat the sh**t out of me. They make you out to be the biggest piece of trash there is. It took me a long time to get over it.

Katie, Walsh-Smith added, "has really good, nasty, horrible lawyers and she should do really well."...

Well, I won't argue with your experience. You know what you know.

But, I am unaware of any religion, including Mormonism, that withholds tenets of that religion until adherents pay a certain amount (which runs in the hundreds of thousands).

No, too many of us also have firsthand experiences with this religion (or with people who have fallen victim to it) and how it has bankrupted so many hapless people seeking solace, enlightenment, whatever, over the years, including before DM took the reigns. And all of us are aware of LRH's famous words that the best way to get rich is to create a "religion". :twocents:

That is COS policy but has nothing to do with Scientology itself, you can get those materials free and many of us have risked life and limb to get them out of the church and in to public places so anyone can read and study them without having to pay or have anything to do with the COS. But just talking about money and religion in general, what is the most wealthy and profitable organization/business in the world? The Catholic Church/Vatican. Does that make Catholics bad people too?

What is really ironic about all of this is I of all people am sitting here defending Scientology, something which I really care very little about, I had studied it years ago when I was in college as a journalism major I needed a story and with the blessing of my professor I went undercover in to a local org after seeing them on campus offering stress tests etc and I went as far as I could in the 3 year period I studied journalism and ended up using it as one of my major projects, the story I ended up with. But it did teach me a lot about what it is and what it can do if used properly. What is really interesting is that Ron never intended for Scientology to be a religion he started it as a business and all the materials were offered for FREE you could go to any org and get the books, the materials and the information for free Ron wanted everyone to have access to his studies the only thing he charged people for was AUDITING where you go and work with an auditor and an emeter and work out some of the mental problems that may be hindering you from becoming successful in life, but the US govt went after him and said he was practicing medicine without a license and shut him down at that time his lawyers advised him to go to court and fight it but to argue that the emeter was not a medical device and scientology was not a medical science it was rather a religion that people practiced and had a right to do so freely, the courts agreed and allowed him to set up shop again as a religion, the fees you see being charged today didnt come about until after Ron's death, and they are largely he result of DM and his greed. Ron never intended it to be anything like what you see today.

What if everyone woke up tomorrow and the media and large numbers of anti christians started to make videos on youtube that said Westboro Baptist Church IS Christianity, Christianity is defined by the actions of Westboro and Westboro became the face of Christianity. I think a lot of people, would be very offended and pissed off, and even I as a non Christian would find myself defending Christianity just as I am defending Scientology here just on the principle of the matter. Because there is a larger issue at play here that goes beyond just Scientology and that is the issue I am defending not Scientology itself. But tolerance and freedom.

The one big worry I have for Katie and Suri is that DM is a psychopath, IMO. If you watch the documentary on psychopaths in a thread I started on it you'll see the first thing you don't do with a psychopath is tell them they can't do something. It sounds like TC is being told that he cannot discuss scientology with Suri until she has attained a certain age. Since DM is one of TC's best friends it also probably restricts his ability to speak to Suri about scientology. (I don't know that I'm just guessing.) So in essence he's being told he can't do something. JMO

Here's what we know.

-- Katie will have what amounts to primary physical custody, but Tom has significant custodial time with his daughter.

-- A report claiming that Suri must be in the presence of Katie's bodyguard and nanny when she is around Tom is "absolutely, 100% false."

-- The custodial provisions of the agreement are extremely detailed, and religion is one of the topics. We're told there are restrictions on what Tom and Katie can discuss with Suri on the subject of religion, including Scientology, however, those restrictions are eased the older Suri gets.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/09/tom-c...ce-settlement-suri-custody-scientology-nanny/

who knows what the truth is...

That is COS policy but has nothing to do with Scientology itself, you can get those materials free and many of us have risked life and limb to get them out of the church and in to public places so anyone can read and study them without having to pay or have anything to do with the COS. But just talking about money and religion in general, what is the most wealthy and profitable organization/business in the world? The Catholic Church/Vatican. Does that make Catholics bad people too?

What is really ironic about all of this is I of all people am sitting here defending Scientology, something which I really care very little about, I had studied it years ago when I was in college as a journalism major I needed a story and with the blessing of my professor I went undercover in to a local org after seeing them on campus offering stress tests etc and I went as far as I could in the 3 year period I studied journalism and ended up using it as one of my major projects, the story I ended up with. But it did teach me a lot about what it is and what it can do if used properly. What is really interesting is that Ron never intended for Scientology to be a religion he started it as a business and all the materials were offered for FREE you could go to any org and get the books, the materials and the information for free Ron wanted everyone to have access to his studies the only thing he charged people for was AUDITING where you go and work with an auditor and an emeter and work out some of the mental problems that may be hindering you from becoming successful in life, but the US govt went after him and said he was practicing medicine without a license and shut him down at that time his lawyers advised him to go to court and fight it but to argue that the emeter was not a medical device and scientology was not a medical science it was rather a religion that people practiced and had a right to do so freely, the courts agreed and allowed him to set up shop again as a religion, the fees you see being charged today didnt come about until after Ron's death, and they are largely he result of DM and his greed. Ron never intended it to be anything like what you see today.

What if everyone woke up tomorrow and the media and large numbers of anti christians started to make videos on youtube that said Westboro Baptist Church IS Christianity, Christianity is defined by the actions of Westboro and Westboro became the face of Christianity. I think a lot of people, would be very offended and pissed off, and even I as a non Christian would find myself defending Christianity just as I am defending Scientology here just on the principle of the matter. Because there is a larger issue at play here that goes beyond just Scientology and that is the issue I am defending not Scientology itself. But tolerance and freedom.

Okay, can I ask a few questions?
1. How exactly is Xenu taken out of context? What is the proper context?
2. Why do those, especially celebs who have reached OTIII, try to deny the existence of this myth? Why do they use words like "crazy" or "strange" or "silly" when it is brought up?
3. Isn't it true that the mythology of Xenu is that he was an intergalactic lord of some kind who froze aliens and then transported them to earth where he dropped their bodies into volcanoes, killing them, and that their souls then rose up, were caught in a giant soul catcher by Xenu, then brainwashed by him, later released to roam the earth until they eventually essentially inhabited the bodies of humans, when humans appeared on earth, and are the cause of all negative emotions we have? If this is not true, how exactly does the belief of scientology with respect to Xenu, differ?
4. If the policy of the COS to hide the info about Xenu is not scientology policy, and the materials are free, then why did people have to risk life and limb to get the materials out into the public? Aren't they already available?
5. Did or didn't LRH detail the myth of Xenu only in OTIII, meaning people who have achieved lower levels would not receive this info?
6. Is it true that LRH stated the traumatic memories associated with Xenu are contained in the R6 implant, calculated to kill, via pneumonia, anyone who solved the riddle of trauma, and thus that only those who reach OTIII are powerful enough to withstand this info? If not, what precisely about this is incorrect?
7. Isn't it true that auditing costs money and has always cost money? If so, how is that comparable to the Catholic church who merely asks for voluntary tithing but delivers mass and counseling for free?
8. How do you know that the Catholic church is the most wealthy religion/church in the world? Since tax exempt "religions" don't have to provide parishioners with accountings and the COS never has (contrary to the Catholic church which does, BTW), then how do you know the Catholic church is more profitable than the COS?
9. Do you believe that LRH, JR, is a liar in what he says about his father and scientology pre DM?
10. Do you believe that all the other people who stated LRH was a scammer, charlatan and charged crazy amounts of money and used strong arm tactics to control those who got involved in scientology, to take all their money and prevent them from leaving, are liars?

Finally, with respect, I fail to see how the Westboro church analogy is a workable an analogy at all. Christianity has been around for 2000 years. It has split into innumerable sects, churches and divisions. Scientology was created by a science fiction writer 60 years or so ago. The Chruch of Scientology was incorporated by that very same science fiction writer the very same year he created scientology.

LRH held the reigns of the church for approximately 30 years. Since then, DM has held the reigns and there appears to be little difference in how it is run under DM, when current defectors' stories are compared to stories told by earlier defectors.

So, I fail to see how the COS being deemed the standard bearer of scientology could be, in any way, by any stretch of the imagination, compared to one tiny, radical yet inconsequential church, being the standard bearer for the vast 2000 year history of Christianity, and all the thousands of sects, churches and denominations that have evolved over the millenia. Again, with love and respect, PAXIMUS, this is simply not logical.

I think it is also worth noting that when it comes to Scientology and fanatics, TC is not the one to be looking at, it is his SISTER who is the real fanatic of that family and she is the one who got him in to it and keeps tabs on him for DM, she is a very high ranking and powerful and extremely fanatical scientologist who pulls most of the strings behind TC and family.

The one big worry I have for Katie and Suri is that DM is a psychopath, IMO. If you watch the documentary on psychopaths in a thread I started on it you'll see the first thing you don't do with a psychopath is tell them they can't do something. It sounds like TC is being told that he cannot discuss scientology with Suri until she has attained a certain age. Since DM is one of TC's best friends it also probably restricts his ability to speak to Suri about scientology. (I don't know that I'm just guessing.) So in essence he's being told he can't do something. JMO

That's true but if TC settled to terms favorable to Katie, don't you think DM likely told him to? I mean, TC is a mad fanatic and very vicious when it comes to scientology. I never would have predicted him giving in.

And DM may be psychopath but he's no dummy and his biggest concern is money and the power being the leader of such a huge, profitable org gives him. Just 10 days and there was so much horrible publicity about the org, his missing wife, about him, about TC, I mean, it was horrible publicity on a massive scale and Katie hadn't even said a word!

The damage done to this org just by Katie filing for divorce is incredible. I would think loss of profitbility is much more important than being able to indoctrinate Suri during her childhood, ever would be.

Okay, can I ask a few questions?
1. How exactly is Xenu taken out of context? What is the proper context?
2. Why do those, especially celebs who have reached OTIII, try to deny the existence of this myth? Why do they use words like "crazy" or "strange" or "silly" when it is brought up?
3. Isn't it true that the mythology of Xenu is that he was an intergalactic lord of some kind who froze aliens and then transported them to earth where he dropped their bodies into volcanoes, killing them, and that their souls then rose up, were caught in a giant soul catcher by Xenu, then brainwashed by him, later released to roam the earth until they eventually essentially inhabited the bodies of humans, when humans appeared on earth, and are the cause of all negative emotions we have? If this is not true, how exactly does the belief of scientology with respect to Xenu, differ?
4. If the policy of the COS to hide the info about Xenu is not scientology policy, and the materials are free, then why did people have to risk life and limb to get the materials out into the public? Aren't they already available?
5. Did or didn't LRH detail the myth of Xenu only in OTIII, meaning people who have achieved lower levels would not receive this info?
6. Is it true that LRH stated the traumatic memories associated with Xenu are contained in the R6 implant, calculated to kill, via pneumonia, anyone who solved the riddle of trauma, and thus that only those who reach OTIII are powerful enough to withstand this info? If not, what precisely about this is incorrect?
7. Isn't it true that auditing costs money and has always cost money? If so, how is that comparable to the Catholic church who merely asks for voluntary tithing but delivers mass and counseling for free?
8. How do you know that the Catholic church is the most wealthy religion/church in the world? Since tax exempt "religions" don't have to provide parishioners with accountings and the COS never has (contrary to the Catholic church which does, BTW), then how do you know the Catholic church is more profitable than the COS?
9. Do you believe that LRH, JR, is a liar in what he says about his father and scientology pre DM?
10. Do you believe that all the other people who stated LRH was a scammer, charlatan and charged crazy amounts of money and used strong arm tactics to control those who got involved in scientology, to take all their money and prevent them from leaving, are liars?

Finally, with respect, I fail to see how the Westboro church analogy is a workable an analogy at all. Christianity has been around for 2000 years. It has split into innumerable sects, churches and divisions. Scientology was created by a science fiction writer 60 years or so ago. The Chruch of Scientology was incorporated by that very same science fiction writer the very same year he created scientology.

LRH held the reigns of the church for approximately 30 years. Since then, DM has held the reigns and there appears to be little difference in how it is run under DM, when current defectors' stories are compared to stories told by earlier defectors.

So, I fail to see how the COS being deemed the standard bearer of scientology could be, in any way, by any stretch of the imagination, compared to one tiny, radical yet inconsequential church, being the standard bearer for the vast 2000 year history of Christianity, and all the thousands of sects, churches and denominations that have evolved over the millenia. Again, with love and respect, PAXIMUS, this is simply not logical.

Hey I understand totally and it is ok to question me, I dont get offended or anything this isnt personal its just discussion and we are all here to learn and share with eachother our own experiences, I respect yours and I know enough about you that you respect mine while still remaining skeptical, which is good and healthy and I like that about you. That said Xenu is something that really should not be discussed and there are reasons for that real reasons, it is a story with a deeper ESOTERIC (vs exoteric) meaning, the reason you cant just jump in and start with the Xenu stuff is because it would make no sense to you and you would likely be lost for good and the teachings would be of no help to you at that point. Just as an example if you were to convert to Christianity and the first thing I told you is that we EAT the body and drink the blood of our savior you would probably think that is a bit nuts, but if we dont start there but we start at the bottom and work our way up to that story with all of the background info that goes a long with it then we explain what it means to you after you have been given all that background info it then makes sense and you understand it as a story not something that is done literally, that is sort of what Xenu is, you have to be properly prepared, some would called it indoctrinated I suppose, in order for that story to make sense in its proper CONTEXT, remember that CONTEXT is everything when it comes to things like this or just about anything in life, anything can be taken out of context and made in to something other than what it really is. I will try and comment a little more and get to some of your other questions which are all good ones by the way, after I finish making dinner for the family and get some more time to chat a bit but this should give you a little something to chew on for now.

Here's a link to the business of religion; http://www.money.co.uk/misc/the-business-of-religion.htm#catholicism

It lists several different religions. I was able to find many places that stated Catholicism to be the richest religion, although nothing I'd be willing to link as it's just speculation. The overall answer seems to be Catholicism and I have no trouble believing that when everything is added up. JMO

Go easy on me Gitana I am admittedly not at the top of my game right now, my brother is battling cancer and I spend all day taking him to chemo and its taking a toll on me watching him suffer as he is but I will do my best to try and keep up with you, youre a sharp one and I need to be on top of my game to keep playing in the same league with you guys. And I am just not there right now.

That's true but if TC settled to terms favorable to Katie, don't you think DM likely told him to? I mean, TC is a mad fanatic and very vicious when it comes to scientology. I never would have predicted him giving in.

And DM may be psychopath but he's no dummy and his biggest concern is money and the power being the leader of such a huge, profitable org gives him. Just 10 days and there was so much horrible publicity about the org, his missing wife, about him, about TC, I mean, it was horrible publicity on a massive scale and Katie hadn't even said a word!

The damage done to this org just by Katie filing for divorce is incredible. I would think loss of profitbility is much more important than being able to indoctrinate Suri during her childhood, ever would be.

I hope he's happy just coming away quickly.

Go easy on me Gitana I am admittedly not at the top of my game right now, my brother is battling cancer and I spend all day taking him to chemo and its taking a toll on me watching him suffer as he is but I will do my best to try and keep up with you, youre a sharp one and I need to be on top of my game to keep playing in the same league with you guys. And I am just not there right now.

Eight year cancer survivor here. I'm praying for him. Just keep him laughing. Check out the cancer thread I started here for some inspirational stories.

Warning! Foul language.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHb0BZyF5Ok&feature=related"]Scientology: Full Jason Beghe Interview - YouTube[/ame]

I hope he's happy just coming away quickly.

Eight year cancer survivor here. I'm praying for him. Just keep him laughing. Check out the cancer thread I started here for some inspirational stories.

Thanks my brother I appreciate the advice and it is very good advice laughter is indeed a powerful medicine and one that can cure even the worst of our ills, I plan to take that advice starting today and try and make him laugh more than I have been able to because of all the crying I have been doing myself for him.

I am sure glad you survived it, I can see that it is a battle unlike any other and to come out of it a victor must be one of the sweetest feelings one can ever experience. Good on you!

Here's a link to the business of religion; http://www.money.co.uk/misc/the-business-of-religion.htm#catholicism

It lists several different religions. I was able to find many places that stated Catholicism to be the richest religion, although nothing I'd be willing to link as it's just speculation. The overall answer seems to be Catholicism and I have no trouble believing that when everything is added up. JMO

I dont think number 2 is even close, when you add up all their real estate holdings, their historical artifacts and artwork most of which itself is priceless in addition to all the money in the Vatican bank and the riches of Vatican City itself the Catholic Church is by far the wealthiest religious organization in the world and perhaps even the most weathly organization in the world period religion notwithstanding. They have a lot of money power and influence. Of course they have paid out a lot the last decade in settlements for abuse but I really doubt that even put a dent in their overall holdings.

Bless your heart. I understand 100%. You made me tear up. Take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa