Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ent-closed-doors--gets-sole-custody-Suri.html

The insider told Radar: 'Katie insisted that Suri's nanny and bodyguards always accompany her when she visits Tom... This will ensure a smooth and easy transition for Suri when she is with Tom.

'Suri is Katie's number one priority. Tom only has Scientologists that work for him and Katie insisted that her staff will always be with their daughter.

http://todayentertainment.today.msn...and-katie-holmes-reach-divorce-agreement?lite

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are officially no longer husband and wife. Less than two weeks after Holmes filed for divorce, the couple have settled on a divorce agreement, according to a statement issued by Jonathan W. Wolfe, an attorney for Holmes.

Wow! That was very, very fast. But, I think the wording that they are "officially" no longer husband and wife is false. It sounds like they signed a settlement agreement. It takes a while before that agreement is signed by a judge and before their status as a married couple is officially dissolved.

Here's another article about it: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/tom-cruis...-settlement-two-weeks-after-split.htmlhttp://

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ent-closed-doors--gets-sole-custody-Suri.html

The insider told Radar: 'Katie insisted that Suri's nanny and bodyguards always accompany her when she visits Tom... This will ensure a smooth and easy transition for Suri when she is with Tom.

'Suri is Katie's number one priority. Tom only has Scientologists that work for him and Katie insisted that her staff will always be with their daughter.

From the article you linked to:

'Under terms of the settlement, Suri isn't permitted to be exposed to anything Scientology related and this includes going to any Scientology churches, parties, etc. Katie made sure that this was ironclad.'
I hope it's true!

Filing in NY state provides more privacy. In NY State, the divorce filings, divorce records, are not open to the public. In NY, the press would not have access to the papers filed, so the details would have remained open only to Holmes, Cruise and their attorneys.

people join cults or stumble in to cults (or regular ol churches) because they are seeking something to fill a void or seeking direction in their life because they feel they have no control or just seeking something on an emotional/mental/spiritual level....

im sure JT and Maverick joined in search of something on a personal basis....and were sold this amazing solution....some people totally get sold with super charisma and hopes and promises of a better life....look at all the "lifestyle and motivational speakers" that rack in craploads of money and have followers all over the world....

not to slam on churches (i was literally brought up in one and have enough insight to give valid opinions) but most regular ol' churches (of varying denominations) do this too....i dont see a lot of differences: confess of your sins, live a certain way or god shall be mad, follow these rules or else, threats of hell, judgments of people not like you, trust in god to heal you (not man), etc etc etc...

the little thing with scientology is that in the beginning they gather all this intel on you telling you it is cleansing you and giving you a fresh start blah blah blah....so it is possible that there is some serious intel (dirt) they collected on many celebs and those celebs fear that being used against them if they leave or speak out. then there is the fact that some celebs arent very involved so its just one of those things they signed up for and they go about their life not giving it another thought.....then you have the celebs like Maverick who are so freaking charismatic themselves that they are the ones who slide into the roles of leader of said cult....

I believe ol' Vincent Vega and Maverick (because their personalities just really fit these characters lol) are in so deep they could never get out nor want to if they could....they just have those kinds of personalities that are ripe for cults...and probably crap loads of secrets....

^^rambling thoughts not being fully awake....may make no sense lol

The problem as always is that people associate these religious practices with organizations that have little or nothing to do with them at all and allow those organizations to define the practices, ALL religions are little more than applied philosophical teachings that when used properly, like any tool, can and will make a difference in your life, it doesnt matter if it is reading and applying the gospels, the old testament, the koran, the teachings of the buddha or scientology, they all can and will improve your life and make you a better person if you take the time to really understand them and know how to apply the practices to your life. None of this has anything to do with going to church, paying thithes etc, that is the tools being misused and abused by people who are largely too ignorant to really study the deeper esoteric meanings of these teachings and learning to apply them to their lives in ways that can really make a difference.

10 days! He was shocked to find out, this according to all I have read, neither side has said a word. All the talk of Scientology has come from the media and talking heads. And in 10 days it's done. I am very surprised to say the least. jmo

10 days! He was shocked to find out, this according to all I have read, neither side has said a word. All the talk of Scientology has come from the media and talking heads. And in 10 days it's done. I am very surprised to say the least. jmo

Well, it's not done-done. The divorce papers have to go through, don't know how long that takes in different States. Then the follow through, and actual living of the terms of the separation agreement, custody/visitation agreement, and the long term just life.

I am happy to hear that they have some kind of agreement, just not sure if it is a temporary or permanent agreements, and have no idea how all this will get lived out. Hoping for the best for all concerned though!

IMO, this is far from over. They may have a settlement, but I'm betting there will be a lot of power struggling in the foreseeable future.

Call me naive and obtuse (I'm really okay with that lol) but---I'd like to think that this was settled because both of Suri's parents love her. Tom included.

Good luck to all parties. Katie, Tom and Suri.

But especially Suri, because her life is going to be a hard one even with all the money her parents have~ she is hounded by pap photographers and as she grows older I would be willing to bet there will be people that come into her life because of who her parents are, the money she has access to and various other reasons that don't include who she is in her heart and soul.

I also like that there isn't going to be a long drawn out public battle (for whatever reason) because I don't think it would be in the best interest of Suri to see all that carp later on.

I hope that her relationship with her Mom and her Dad continues to be one where she finds herself cherished and valued. All kids deserve that. JMHO.

Like Kat, I would like to think this resulted because both parties wanted what's best for Suri. As a family law attorney though, that is an impossibility to me.

10 days ago, TC's camp stated he was "surprised" by the divorce filing. IMO, no way can a spouse who was surprised by a stealth filing, gather their wits, and reign in their emotions quickly enough to even begin thinking rationally about what settlement terms should be. It is an evolutionary process that takes time as the parties learn about the legal realities, come to grips with the eventuality of the split, and gradually set aside their confused emotions for the sake of their kids.

Even in case where a couple talks about and agrees to a divorce, together, in advance, it is highly unlikely they can agree on every term that quickly, when there are major custody, support and property issues to wade through.

IMO, scientolgoy and TC wanted to stop the glut of negative press about the cult and about TC's fanaticism and quick. Thank God for Katie and Suri.

ETA: Either that, or TC really is "clear"!!!!!:lol:

Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise Settle Divorce

Less than two weeks after filing for divorce from Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and her soon-to-be ex-husband have reached a settlement.

"The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed," Holmes' lawyer, Jonathan Wolfe, said in an email statement today. "We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life."

He added, "We thank Tom's counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution."

http://gma.yahoo.com/katie-holmes-tom-cruise-settle-divorce-164940898--abc-news-tv.html

More of what was happening under LRH. This is some of Scott Mayer's testimony, former high ranking exec. If you tell me DM is worse than LRH, I will still have to listen.:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg04cNSi0wg&feature=relmfu"]Clearwater Scientology Hearings. Scott Mayer 1/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPYhxaqy8Gg&feature=relmfu"]Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 2/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4rvz47kMt8&feature=relmfu"]Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 3/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV4cez5As5c&feature=relmfu"]Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 4/5 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vHXHqTuSp8&feature=relmfu"]Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 5/5 - YouTube[/ame]

I'm surprised that this was settled so quickly and amicably. It sound like Katie has the goods on TC and the cult and they know it. She will agree to confidentiality and they will back off of her and Suri (for now, but I don't trust them).

I think TC and the church saw that they had nothing to gain but bad publicity by fighting her. They are trying to appear rational and amicable but I know this isn't over yet. TC and the cult won't give up that easily and they are entirely capable of underhanded tactics, in fact that is their main way of doing things.

The more I know about scientology the more I despise them. They are a cult and a basically an organized crime family and a scam. I would love to see them topple over and their high members be sent off to prison

This is just a couple of easy lines by Tory Magoo, there are tons more links of her on the side, but she just says some simple things here in a simple way to try to help any that need it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o9W5zrPlKI&feature=related"]The Deconversion of Former OTVII Scientologist Tory Magoo - YouTube[/ame]

'Under terms of the settlement, Suri isn't permitted to be exposed to anything Scientology related and this includes going to any Scientology churches, parties, etc. Katie made sure that this was ironclad.'

Am I the only one unsettled by this? I hold religious freedom sacred. While I'm happy for Suri on a personal level and don't agree with Scientology's methods at all, I'm alarmed that a judge would uphold this. I think this is a very, very slippery slope.

Would a christian have the right to get the government to control what their atheist spouse teaches their child?

Or a muslim using the government to control a jewish spouse?

People with different religious/philosophical beliefs marry and have children all the time.

I don't know, this seems unlawful to me. I don't know a lot about the law but it seems to me the government has no legal leg to stand on.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the legalities though. Is this because Tom signed an agreement rather than the way I'm interpreting it?

Like Kat, I would like to think this resulted because both parties wanted what's best for Suri. As a family law attorney though, that is an impossibility to me.

10 days ago, TC's camp stated he was "surprised" by the divorce filing. IMO, no way can a spouse who was surprised by a stealth filing, gather their wits, and reign in their emotions quickly enough to even begin thinking rationally about what settlement terms should be. It is an evolutionary process that takes time as the parties learn about the legal realities, come to grips with the eventuality of the split, and gradually set aside their confused emotions for the sake of their kids.

Even in case where a couple talks about and agrees to a divorce, together, in advance, it is highly unlikely they can agree on every term that quickly, when there are major custody, support and property issues to wade through.

IMO, scientolgoy and TC wanted to stop the glut of negative press about the cult and about TC's fanaticism and quick. Thank God for Katie and Suri.

I'm not so sure he was "surprised." If it's true that Katie fired Bella two months ago, how did she explain it? It must have been awkward. Then, he did the entire Rock of Ages press and premiere tour alone - gushing all the while about how wonderful Katie is and blah, blah, blah.

I'm thinking he knew there was trouble but his enormous ego prevented him from believing she could possibly out-maneuver him. But she did!

Brilliantly played. Never underestimate a mama bear!

...Here's what you should know about Scientology, from someone who has studied it and went to some of the highest levels offered:

You will never learn the reasons for why a person decides to become a Scientologist, unless you actually do some Scientology. You see, Scientology - the subject, not the zeitgeist formulated on groupthink - is an applied religious philosophy, just like Buddhism is, which addresses the very nature of the human, spiritual, experience. Because it is an APPLIED RELIGIOUS PHILOSOPHY you actualy have to DO IT to understand it. You have to APPLY IT TO YOUR LIFE.

A Scientologist is someone who really does improve conditions in their lives - and others around them - by applying the materials and processes of the philosophy. If you are hurting people and they are in anguish over loss and separation from family: this is not true Scientology, but an altered form.This is what DM is all about, he ALTERED IT.
There is a battle going on within the Church between those who would use the subject effectively and those who wish to destroy it from within.

But since Scientology really does work, and works well, it will be abused by those who do not wish others to improve conditions in their lives: and this is what you hear about on the news....

...Being a Scientologist does not involve attending some church or adhering to some belief system; it simply means, applying Scientology, the material itself, and getting results. Nobody is asking you to don the cap and start a parade, after all.
Scientology is a subject, not a church. It is like Geology in that it has its own terminology, its own ideas and concepts which belong to the subject being discussed, and it has its own context.

Colored by me and respectfully snipped by me for brevity. DM is actually running a cleaner game than LRH did. Watch the video of Paulette Cooper's testimony, which is backed up by documents seized by the U.S. government for the Operation Snow White trial. LRH was much worse than DM.

I totally agree that if a certain philosophy works for you then it's great. Anything that makes someone happy without hurting or bothering others is great.

However, to me scientology is like Mormonism. The people who practice both are generally very nice good people. You can't escape the truth of the past though. Joseph Smith introduced polygamy as a divine commandment. It was then later changed by the church. It was however a practice established by it's founder.

The "Fair Game" strategy was invented by LRH and it was and is (in a much lesser form) an integral part of scientology. That's an historical fact. What happened to Paulette Cooper is an historical fact. DM has stepped away from the attempted murder aspect and it seems the relentless lawsuits against it's detractors.

The philosophy of any religion is another matter. In every religion there are those who misinterpret the original texts and such and bring down the religion. If the philosophy works for you then great, but DM is and isn't the problem. He's more progressive than LRH was, but he still is making it a cult like LRH was. He's still practicing the idea of bringing in gobs of money like LRH was. He's still using disconnect as a weapon to keep people from leaving. He's still psychologically and physically abusing those who transgress the unwritten laws.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe scientology teaches that psychiatrists and psychologists are bad. If that's true then it's a really ironic teaching. It seems that they use psychology to control their people. The reason they don't want individuals in the church to look into psychology is that they'd realize they are being brainwashed and to run away.

If you can get independent of the COS and use the philosophy to your advantage that's great, but don't pretend it's something much different than the founder intended. JMO

Paximus, you are a good person and if you've found peace in your life through the philosophy of scientolgy that's great and I respect that. Just keep a clear perspective on what LRH really started out with. JMO

Given how this has progressed so far, I am betting there is very specific language regarding Suri's level of involvement with teh church of Scietology. Particularly since it has been reported that the church allegedly spent a good long while convincing Tom and Nicole's children that Nicole was a sociopath and alienating them from her post divorce.

Katie seems to have really sought great legal advice (thanks in no small part to her father I'll bet) and had a pretty comprehensive escape plan, which went off without a hitch. Odds are good that the alienation concern has been addressed in this settlement.

I must say, the way she has handled this situation has given me new found respect for her. I always sort of equated her with her Dawson's Creek character. Sweet, naive, mousy, timid. I admit, I now think I had her alllll wrong. katie is coming off in this mess as pretty darn savy.

I see her as being a very cunning and smart woman who outwitted an entire organization based on complete control of it's affiliated practitioners. She seems to have created the model for parents of young children who want to escape the church without being disconnected. JMO

Katie has the country on her side in this mess & I really think Tom & crew know it!!!
Her escape was very well planned as no one even gave a hint to what was coming!
MOOC

I don't know if she knew this would happen or not, but the media's coverage of the COS, I'm sure, was a huge factor in getting this settled ASAP and quietly. The media has been taking on the COS a lot more since the separation was announced. I think the COS knew that the bad press would continue until this was settled and settling quickly was in the COS's best interest. JMO

BBM

Katie is turning the tables on the COS. I'm going to bet that the nanny and bodyguards are moles that report everything that goes on with Suri back to Katie. She's probably doing this to counter any attempts at psychological disconnect TC may try on Suri.

BBM

My thoughts exactly.

Am I the only one unsettled by this? I hold religious freedom sacred. While I'm happy for Suri on a personal level and don't agree with Scientology's methods at all, I'm alarmed that a judge would uphold this. I think this is a very, very slippery slope.

Would a christian have the right to get the government to control what their atheist spouse teaches their child?

Or a muslim using the government to control a jewish spouse?

People with different religious/philosophical beliefs marry and have children all the time.

I don't know, this seems unlawful to me. I don't know a lot about the law but it seems to me the government has no legal leg to stand on.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the legalities though. Is this because Tom signed an agreement rather than the way I'm interpreting it?

This has nothing to do with government. This was an out of court settlement by both parties. Katie could have asked that TC put on a dunce cap and dance down the sidewalks of Hollywood Blvd. every Monday at noon. If TC agreed to it in the settlement then it's legal. As long as what she insists on isn't illegal then she is within her rights. At least that's how I think it is. Hopefully Gitana can affirm or correct that for me.

I think that not agreeing to that would have been a deal breaker with Katie and she would have insisted that it go to court to be decided. Evidently NY judges take any shenanigans by one parent to alienate the other very seriously. In order for her to prove that the danger of disconnection is a real danger she may have been able to provide testimony to that fact. That's something the COS definitely, IMO, wouldn't want.

BTW, I'm watching JVM and she just said this might be the speediest divorce settlement ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500