GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

BBM

I'm trying to catch up so this may have been answered already, gracielee. I don't think this is the Crabtree Creek that floods frequently. However, it could very well be a tributary that runs from/to Crabtree Creek. I can imagine that it has the capacity to flood, especially since no1uknow indicates it is also designed for run-off. I don't know if it is a natural creek (as opposed to man-made), but it certainly looks natural with its jungle-like plants. It's been there for some time, for sure.

I wondered about that because I didn't realize Crabtree Creek was as long as it is. Just after Hurricane Fran, IIRC one or two days after, some friends of ours lost their son to drowning near the damn off Lassiter Mill Rd. He went under and never came up. They searched and searched for him, and I believe it was said the father & sister took a canoe and searched the creek all the way to, and again IIRC, the Neuse River. I never before realized Crabtree Creek spanned the city from west to east.

B

From what I've read in the DOC doc (yes, the Inmate Handbook, page 4 - http://www.doc.state.nc.us/Publications/inmate%20rule%20book.pdf ), the only way a prisoner can receive books is to order them directly from the publisher -- that way the CI people can examine them before they deliver them to the prisoner. And they forbid books with "sexually explicit," etc., etc., material. I guess in this case, the seal that was mentioned was a publisher's seal. How on this green earth did JW get his hands on those books then??
icon8.gif
Could you imagine what kinda money he could make in there if he were to sell it? And he'd probably get Disciplinary Segregation unless he could call his mama...

My guess would be, since he was at Butler and not Central Prison, there was more leeway as to what his *family* were allowed to bring in to him. I don't know who was in charge of him at Butner? Dr. Wolfe, possibly, since he was there to see her?

How are we going to find out what books those were? I'm stumped. Usually googling brings up something. :( I tried searching Amazon too, for 'book series from the 1980's.

I'm thinkin' I wanna buy me a black suit like everybody wears in court.....so I can look like a pro-fessssh-shun-illll when I bail you-all out!
I'm A'GONNA BE READY!::bud::bud::bud::

It sounds like for some reason, JW did not want to cooperate with Dr. Wolfe. I wonder what the problem was????He talked to the others, so what happened? I wonder if they tried even more psychiatrists than we know about?

The books mentioned earlier - There was an erotic trilogy written by Anne Rice in the 80's...The Sleeping Beauty trilogy. It was considered kinky, bdsm stuff, a lot of sexual activity, and probably the majority of people would find it offensive. Be that as it may, Anne Rice is a great writer, of the darker stuff, for sure. I'm just tired of people using what they have freely chosen to read, watch or ingest as a reason why they commit crimes and hurt other people. I'm not sure if this is the reading material, but it is surely an example of what was popular in the 80's. It would look innocent enough...however, it isn't.

It sounds like for some reason, JW did not want to cooperate with Dr. Wolfe. I wonder what the problem was????He talked to the others, so what happened? I wonder if they tried even more psychiatrists than we know about?

IMO, Wolfe saw right thru JWs facade of poor me, my parents made me this way, ritalin and alcohol induced alibi so he chose to not "play".

I wouldn't break the seal, no, but I would look up the book(s) online to see what the stories were about if I were concerned about the subject matter or wanted to get an idea of what it was I was bringing to someone. Once the seal is broken I don't know if books can be brought in.

In regular Corr. Institutions, inmates can only receive them from the publisher thru mail-order. I am surprised that they were allowed to go in the hospital with them in the first place.

B

From what I've read in the DOC doc (yes, the Inmate Handbook, page 4 - http://www.doc.state.nc.us/Publications/inmate%20rule%20book.pdf ), the only way a prisoner can receive books is to order them directly from the publisher -- that way the CI people can examine them before they deliver them to the prisoner. And they forbid books with "sexually explicit," etc., etc., material. I guess in this case, the seal that was mentioned was a publisher's seal. How on this green earth did JW get his hands on those books then??
icon8.gif
Could you imagine what kinda money he could make in there if he were to sell it? And he'd probably get Disciplinary Segregation unless he could call his mama...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who read the Inmate Handbook, lol! Stuff like that fascinates me! He may have asked for it, his parents may have brought it, but I question if he actually got it. Dr. Wolfe got her hands on it and photographed it. I would think the doctors at Butner would have veto power and if she felt it was significant enough to photograph I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't allow him to have it. That's why I would really like to know WHAT he requested.

Also, according to the handbook, only prisoners in minimun custody can receive books from anyone other than the publisher. I doubt JW has ever spent a day in minimum custody.

I'm thinkin' I wanna buy me a black suit like everybody wears in court.....so I can look like a pro-fessssh-shun-illll when I bail you-all out!
I'm A'GONNA BE READY!::bud::bud::bud::

You asked the forum what I have been wondering ever since I heard the testimony. Did he know that this doc was conducting the evaluation for the State? (If that's how it happened, that is.) Yes, he opened up with the rest of them much more that he did with Wolfe. Did his attys. speak with him about this? Yep, laces, I'm mystified, too. JW was no dummy.

The books mentioned earlier - There was an erotic trilogy written by Anne Rice in the 80's...The Sleeping Beauty trilogy. It was considered kinky, bdsm stuff, a lot of sexual activity, and probably the majority of people would find it offensive. Be that as it may, Anne Rice is a great writer, of the darker stuff, for sure. I'm just tired of people using what they have freely chosen to read, watch or ingest as a reason why they commit crimes and hurt other people. I'm not sure if this is the reading material, but it is surely an example of what was popular in the 80's. It would look innocent enough...however, it isn't.

Thanks, laces!

Yet one more piece o'kink to add to my Google search pile of stuff ...:what:

Eh, glee??

You asked the forum what I have been wondering ever since I heard the testimony. Did he know that this doc was conducting the evaluation for the State? (If that's how it happened, that is.) Yes, he opened up with the rest of them much more that he did with Wolfe. Did his attys. speak with him about this? Yep, laces, I'm mystified, too. JW was no dummy.

That's my guess, that he knew she worked for the state and held back with her. I also wondered if the fact that she is female made him interview with her differently, but he also met with the social worker who tested him and it sounded like he was somewhat open with her.

:goldcrown::bow::bow::aktion::aktion::toast:

She did a great job. period.

I just watched the video of the parts I missed today. I'm sure he was told by his defense that Dr Wolfe was a State-employed forensic psychiatrist. My guess is his attorneys told him not to tell her specifics about that night. Perhaps they were concerned about her due to the politics possibly involved in this case (KT was friend of the gov and apparently Willoughby's wife)? But wow, after telling everyone else his "story", I found it shocking that he just told her "no". And the parents declined her request to speak as well. Why not just tell her the same story he told the others? She even agreed to record it per his request.

But mostly I am still gobsmacked by the fact that he saw the TV on before entering the house. Why didn't the prosecution ask Ms (Dr?) Burgess WHY he entered a supposedly empty house upon seeing the TV was on? I would have loved to hear the answer to that question.

Was Wolfe released as a witness or will the defense take another try with her tomorrow? The video cut off right when Saacks said "no further questions".

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who read the Inmate Handbook, lol! Stuff like that fascinates me! He may have asked for it, his parents may have brought it, but I question if he actually got it. Dr. Wolfe got her hands on it and photographed it. I would think the doctors at Butner would have veto power and if she felt it was significant enough to photograph I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't allow him to have it. That's why I would really like to know WHAT he requested.

Also, according to the handbook, only prisoners in minimun custody can receive books from anyone other than the publisher. I doubt JW has ever spent a day in minimum custody.

bbm

It's you & I, lib's mom!! Yes, it is indeed fascinating to me as well. You hear how awful it is in prison; you hear it's easy time. The thought of it makes me shake, but I watched the Youtube show about Alexander Prison in NC (Jason Young's new home) twice. But a real tour would scare the pee outta me...

And you make a good point -- we don't know that he ever received whatever books he wanted -- but if it was the A.R. Trilogy, he is, IMO, seriously kinked. I, of course, Googled it, and had to look up three words that I had never heard before. OMiGosh

bbm

It's you & I, lib's mom!! Yes, it is indeed fascinating to me as well. You hear how awful it is in prison; you hear it's easy time. The thought of it makes me shake, but I watched the Youtube show about Alexander Prison in NC (Jason Young's new home) twice. But a real tour would scare the pee outta me...

And you make a good point -- we don't know that he ever received whatever books he wanted -- but if it was the A.R. Trilogy, he is, IMO, seriously kinked. I, of course, Googled it, and had to look up three words that I had never heard before. OMiGosh

Damn, now I have to go and google it. :banghead: :please: :rocker:

Speaking of Google, I'm surprised none of you googled his e-mail or online identity after today's testimony. Check it out:
http://www.wireclub.com/users/jaybass79/about
He says he's living alone. He also says he rarely drinks, considers himself to be be a good-looking dude and holds some sort of executive position as a job. HA!

wow no1. Didn't occur to me to look him up. He claims he's 6'3" - 6'4". Claims to be straight (uhhhh....not so much). Executive? LOLOLOL. Rarely drinks? Geez. Whackadoodledoo.

I only spoke to Jason a few times. During this trial, I have gone from thinking he was a stupid kid who seriously f'd up to a thinking he's an evil person who deserves whatever this jury and judge sentence him to. I knew some details before the trail started but I had no idea how truly evil he is. It's disturbing, to say the least, knowing that a-hole was living right under my nose.
The bottom line is this: Jason was pissed at his wife, he went walking around the neighborhood and came to a house I believe he'd been in before. Whether or not he was ever in that house, we'll probably never know. We do know he saw a television on in that house that night and STILL decided to enter. He put his socks on his hands and had a big rock in his pocket. If that all doesn't add up to some sort of premeditation, I don't know what does. He went inside and brutally beat and raped Kathy Taft. Afterward, he tried to cover his tracks by applying some sort of disinfectant to her body, buried the bloody socks in the creek bed and washed his clothes after he got home. Surely, he had some idea of the consequences of his crime. Then, I think he thought he could away with it by not giving his DNA and not fleeing. With every day that went by, I think it emboldened him. Since then, he's confessed to his crime and I don't think it's any small matter that his OWN DEFENSE LAWYERS have been the ones to bring most of these details to light.
My lawyer friend said, "The standard of proving mental deficiency is very high. The standard for proving premeditation is very low." Given that and all the evidence against Jason, I'm thinking things are not looking so good for him right now.
What do you all think?

Speaking of Google, I'm surprised none of you googled his e-mail or online identity after today's testimony. Check it out:
http://www.wireclub.com/users/jaybass79/about
He says he's living alone. He also says he rarely drinks, considers himself to be be a good-looking dude and holds some sort of executive position as a job. HA!

Well, I looked, of course, no1 -- and his pic is enuff to give me a good (bad) nightmare -- and I am getting ready to shut it down and crawl in, in just a few. Ewwwww.

I had made a note to recheck -- I had gone in with Jbass79 and drew a blank. So you saved me some time.

That slimeball can tell a lie, can't he?! It makes one wonder how and why he got so good at it......doh...

Thanks for the link, I think. I'll let ya know tomorrow, no1!

Man, am I glad he is behind bars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back