Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Venus' mother's comment about him not calling the kids the evening after she went missing; wouldn't LE have made contact with him by 8pm if Venus disappeared at 7:30am and the ex-husband was a POI in the family's mind immediately? Could that be why he didn't call? :waitasec:
It was reported that LE got a hold of Doug "late monday night", they didn't specify what time. I would think they would have attempted to call him before that, it sounds like they couldn't reach him until late that night.

Back to Venus' mother's comment about him not calling the kids the evening after she went missing; wouldn't LE have made contact with him by 8pm if Venus disappeared at 7:30am and the ex-husband was a POI in the family's mind immediately? Could that be why he didn't call? :waitasec:

could be, or just to speculate he was in cover up mode.

I don't know...as Judge Judy would say "If it smells like a rat it must be a rat"

this one really stinks IMO

It was reported that LE got a hold of Doug "late monday night", they didn't specify what time. I would think they would have attempted to call him before that, it sounds like they couldn't reach him until late that night.
Oh ~ thanks! Well, I don't think of 8pm as late at night, and if they tried earlier, I do wonder where he was. :waitasec:

could be, or just to speculate he was in cover up mode.

I don't know...as Judge Judy would say "If it smells like a rat it must be a rat"

this one really stinks IMO
I agree, it does. We're looking at going into 2 days for the round trip, but one of those days would've been a Sunday, then Venus is abducted Monday morning around 7:30am, so there would be plenty of time to make a 10 hr. trip back to VA before late evening. MOO

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On Tuesday, 24 Hour News 8 learned two vehicles associated with the investigation were found in Virginia. That's not where they were supposed to be, police said :waitasec:

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Dive-crews-search-for-missing-woman

Um.

If they're registered to him, and he is living in VA, why wouldn't they be in VA too?

Unless the police were hoping they'd be found in MI.

i think they should check the vehicles that were at the house she was staying at.

Um.

If they're registered to him, and he is living in VA, why wouldn't they be in VA too?

Unless the police were hoping they'd be found in MI.

I'm not sure but I wonder if he told them they were somewhere else besides where they found them.... lol did that make sense ?

I do wish the police had gone to VA sooner to check the vehicles. I wonder when the Newport News police picked up the vehicles ?

I really can't imagine who else it could be.

Venus' mother is saying ex-husband claims he was in VA at the time; she says he was allowed phone visitation and could call the kids once a day; the only day he missed calling the kids is the day Venus went missing. She says he usually called around 8pm.

I'm sure police are getting (if they haven't already) his phone records to confirm that.

But.

At what time Monday night did the police contact him in VA? If around the time he usually called, then it makes sense he didn't do so.

A comment on the article from mystic's link above:

the local guy out of kalamazoo that does searches was down there yesterday looking around trying to talk the parents into a full blown ground search with hundreds of volunteers, but seems they aren't interested

If that's true, why the heck not????

I'm not seeing a happy ending to this one. If there are civilian searches that anyone finds info on, let me know. I'm local-ish to her missing location.

He would have needed an alibi for the day before as well, with all of that driving...I still think if he was involved he almost had to have someone else go up there...he would have had to be out of area of his home for as long as 20 or more hours, assuming he saw his chance right away, and then hope his vehicle did not break down etc...it would take a lot of nerve to think you could travel that far and back, be gone that long and then still be alibied up.
BBM

Not if he can be placed in Newport News area on Monday morning to early evening (around 5-6 pm). Wonder if the witnesses are some of the people he delivers to?

I'm sure police are getting (if they haven't already) his phone records to confirm that.

But.

At what time Monday night did the police contact him in VA? If around the time he usually called, then it makes sense he didn't do so.

A comment on the article from mystic's link above:

If that's true, why the heck not????
It could be that LE has instructed them not to search yet. Maybe LE is concerned about evidence being destroyed, etc...

Maybe someone else living close by did a favor for the husband - just found Venus going to the mail box by accident. We aren't sleuthing the person I'm thinking of but criminal history could make a couple people suspect. MOO mho and all that stuff

does the mail usually get delivered real early? was she mailing something x hubby would know about?

Security cameras, witnesses...
Exactly. If he made the trip he would've driven. What is confusing me though, is he claims to have two alibi witnesses, yet wouldn't he have been working that day? I'd think there would be more than two. MOO

Maybe someone else living close by did a favor for the husband - just found Venus going to the mail box by accident. We aren't sleuthing the person I'm thinking of but criminal history could make a couple people suspect. MOO mho and all that stuff
I don't know who you have in mind, but I was wondering where his family is or if he knows anyone "local" to the family home in MI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard