CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Cloudajo, that is the road that I walked to see if I could see (smell?) anything. I can go by the Command Center and see if that area has been searched. Nothing looked marked to me, but maybe if anything had been marked, it had already been removed. When I just signed on to this thread, I noticed that the description of her shoes could be like the one that I saw, a black canvas Van's slip-on shoe. I should ask about that too.

Thanks for the aqueduct info JBean and RELady. I cut across town over that road quite often...I didn't know that it was an area known as a "body dump". Yikes.

One thing that I have noticed that I think probably came out of the search for Amber, is that a motorhome that was ALWAYS parked in the parking lot of LA Fitness is gone. Yay. That has bothered me for a while. The back side of the high school was in clear view of the motor home. I think that two young men (in their twenties) lived in the motor home and they had two dogs, pitbull mixes. I would see them walking their dogs in the mornings around the high school when I dropped my son off for school. I first connected them to the motorhome when I saw the dogs tied outside the motorhome as I was parking at the gym. I don't think they had anything to do with the disappearance, but I am glad that they have been forced to move on.

This is nice.

March 10, 2009
ESCONDIDO: Firefighters to raise money to help find missing teen
"Boot drive" scheduled for Thursday morning
By North County Times

The Escondido Fire Department will host a "boot drive" fundraiser Thursday morning to raise money for the family of missing teen Amber DuBois

At 6 a.m., firefighters will be at the intersections of Interstate 15 and Via Rancho Parkway and Highway 78 at Broadway asking motorists and passersby to put money in a fire boot.

The money will be turned over to the DuBois family, who have started a trust fund to help support efforts to find the 14-year-old, fire officials said.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/03/11/news/inland/escondido/z84018c923fed3e6788257575006580c3.txt

[snipped] One thing that I have noticed that I think probably came out of the search for Amber, is that a motorhome that was ALWAYS parked in the parking lot of LA Fitness is gone. Yay. That has bothered me for a while. The back side of the high school was in clear view of the motor home. I think that two young men (in their twenties) lived in the motor home and they had two dogs, pitbull mixes. I would see them walking their dogs in the mornings around the high school when I dropped my son off for school. I first connected them to the motorhome when I saw the dogs tied outside the motorhome as I was parking at the gym. I don't think they had anything to do with the disappearance, but I am glad that they have been forced to move on.

I hope they were checked out - left on their own or forced to move on I wonder.

What about registered sex offenders? One guy lives right near Amber's house on Vista. I know that's usually one of the first things LE looks into.
See attachment for map with arrows showing Amber's path when walking to school.

Registered Sex Offenders – Escondido
http://www.zirana.com/escondido/registered_sex_offenders_map.html

Map - Click on Street View to see house: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=322+vista+ave,+escondido,+ca&sll=33.154105,-117.088675&sspn=0.001031,0.002368&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=33.156074,-117.088852&spn=0.008245,0.018947&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Attachments

• RSO.jpg
    RSO.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 36
This is nice.

March 10, 2009
ESCONDIDO: Firefighters to raise money to help find missing teen
"Boot drive" scheduled for Thursday morning
By North County Times

The Escondido Fire Department will host a "boot drive" fundraiser Thursday morning to raise money for the family of missing teen Amber DuBois

At 6 a.m., firefighters will be at the intersections of Interstate 15 and Via Rancho Parkway and Highway 78 at Broadway asking motorists and passersby to put money in a fire boot.

The money will be turned over to the DuBois family, who have started a trust fund to help support efforts to find the 14-year-old, fire officials said.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/03/11/news/inland/escondido/z84018c923fed3e6788257575006580c3.txt

That's really nice of the fire department, I agree.

:rose: Praying for Ambers safe return, and strength for her family.

Yes, Cloudajo, that is the road that I walked to see if I could see (smell?) anything. I can go by the Command Center and see if that area has been searched. Nothing looked marked to me, but maybe if anything had been marked, it had already been removed. When I just signed on to this thread, I noticed that the description of her shoes could be like the one that I saw, a black canvas Van's slip-on shoe. I should ask about that too.

Thanks for the aqueduct info JBean and RELady. I cut across town over that road quite often...I didn't know that it was an area known as a "body dump". Yikes.

One thing that I have noticed that I think probably came out of the search for Amber, is that a motorhome that was ALWAYS parked in the parking lot of LA Fitness is gone. Yay. That has bothered me for a while. The back side of the high school was in clear view of the motor home. I think that two young men (in their twenties) lived in the motor home and they had two dogs, pitbull mixes. I would see them walking their dogs in the mornings around the high school when I dropped my son off for school. I first connected them to the motorhome when I saw the dogs tied outside the motorhome as I was parking at the gym. I don't think they had anything to do with the disappearance, but I am glad that they have been forced to move on.

Ok i might have missed something....
but between the "shoe"....and the motorhome that was always there and is gone now....
it still COULD be something right?
Have you told the police this stuff???

How do you know they didn't have anything to do with the disappearance? I wonder if LE is aware they were there and now they are gone.

sorry soy didn't see your post, makes mine a bit repetitive but it should be checked out!!

Was Amber carrying a backpack? Don't think I heard a description of one.
My initial thought when I heard that she was dressed in black ( black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes)--well, sounds kinda emo. MOO!!

Amber visits her dad up in Orange County every other weekend. Maybe a "friend" makes a surprise visit down to Escondido to see her? She must have had some kind of "social life" up there.

One of you great sleuthers mentioned an ongoing construction project. Would you be able to locate it on one of the maps for me? It's possible that Amber walked passed the site often enough, and maybe she was on nodding/ smiling terms with one of the workmen?

Abduction, per se, in a busy area would be unlikely. Maybe more of a scenerio where Amber gets into a car (in the parking lot s. of the football field?) She unwittingly sips "laced" coffee, hot cocoa, soda. . . . things go downhill from there. Old friend, new friend, friend of a friend?

I pray for resolution.

sorry soy didn't see your post, makes mine a bit repetitive but it should be checked out!!

No problem! :)
I agree w/ you! I'm glad someone else thinks so too....
I think that everything and anything should be reported

Whoops! Let me try these links again.

www.cbs8.com/Global/Story.asp?S=9991267

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/News/Local/10k Raised-to-Continue-Search.html

Thanks for the links. Just want to pull the sections below about the money raised with boot drive and Amber's father.
=========
Firefighters raised close to $10,000 this morning with a boot drive at several major Escondido intersections for missing teenager Amber Dubois.

The firefighters say the community support was overwhelming. "There was a lot of god bless Amber and a lot of them told us to tell the family they're thinking about them" said firefighter Ryan Vierra.

The money is going to help with the grassroots search effort being put together by Amber's parents and friends.

The number of volunteers on weekends is between 500 and 600 people, and donations, everything from a store front where the search efforts are headquartered to food and supplies, are growing.

But, after nearly a month Amber is still missing.

Maurice Dubois, Amber's Father, said he still cries himself to sleep every night in his hotel room and still finds the strength every morning to pull himself out of bed and begin a new day with the optimism he says is essential to finding his daughter.

"Once one of us starts breaking down, the other sees it, they start breaking down. It really does Amber no good if we're all sitting here crying all day," said Dubois.

Friday marks one month since Amber's disappearance.

Well, my visit to the command center didn't go as expected. I walked in and there were three women, one man and a child there. I walked up to the three women, said hello, and asked if they knew whether Cougar Pass had been searched. They told me that they were not allowed to know if Cougar Pass had been searched and were snotty. I asked if they knew what Amber was wearing when she disappeared and one lady just pointed at the flyer and told me to take one. I have seen the flyer all over town, it says that she was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. Someone asked me why Cougar Pass should be searched and I said because Broadway turns into Cougar Pass north of the city and that it is in a rural area. The man smirked and told me to feel free to search Cougar Pass myself. I said that I have, I mentioned the shoe and they told me that the police station was right around the corner if I wanted to report it. I was leary about going in there because I thought that they might think I was cuckoo, but I guess I just figured that they would say, oh, thanks for your concern and at least be nice.

The reason that I think that the young men in motorhome have probably been questioned is because that there are frequently two police cars parked in that same parking lot. They meet there to talk. I am sure that they were well aware of the motorhome before Amber's disappearance.

Someone on another forum pointed out that there is a pic of Amber with earphones for iPod. I wonder if she usually listened to iPod on her way to school. If so, she may not have heard if a car was pulling up to her or if someone approached her quickly from behind or something? Just thinking if she was off the main road at some point (stopping at farm, taking shortcut to main school bldg, etc.).

Pic: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15hfml3&s=5

Well, my visit to the command center didn't go as expected. I walked in and there were three women, one man and a child there. I walked up to the three women, said hello, and asked if they knew whether Cougar Pass had been searched. They told me that they were not allowed to know if Cougar Pass had been searched and were snotty. I asked if they knew what Amber was wearing when she disappeared and one lady just pointed at the flyer and told me to take one. I have seen the flyer all over town, it says that she was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. Someone asked me why Cougar Pass should be searched and I said because Broadway turns into Cougar Pass north of the city and that it is in a rural area. The man smirked and told me to feel free to search Cougar Pass myself. I said that I have, I mentioned the shoe and they told me that the police station was right around the corner if I wanted to report it. I was leary about going in there because I thought that they might think I was cuckoo, but I guess I just figured that they would say, oh, thanks for your concern and at least be nice.

The reason that I think that the young men in motorhome have probably been questioned is because that there are frequently two police cars parked in that same parking lot. They meet there to talk. I am sure that they were well aware of the motorhome before Amber's disappearance.

Oh, that response is disappointing, but I just want to thank you for trying.

I am sure disappointed that they treated you and your info that way. That is certainly less than helpful.

Did you talk to anyone at the police station? I have a connection or 2 (maybe) if you want me to help you.

Also, there are several links on her website to provide info I think? Or maybe a phone number. Anyway, if you want I think I can help you pass on some info.

I am friends with the nurse at Rincon Middle School and I'm sure she would be able to report things as well.

That is horrible...
They weren't helpful at all....AND...they treated you crappy :(
I wonder who those people were?
Are they just volunteers there?
I wish there was someone you could tell.
If you're not going to be helpful, why be there at all?? :(
I'm sorry you were treated like that...
did you end up going to the police after all?

Don't give up, you did a good thing. Is there anyway to pass your concerns onto the private investigator that was involved with the family, what about Amber's website?:)Good Luck. I wish I was there to help somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa