CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurse, warrant sounds like it was a "confirmed" sighting. Says "...when she saw Amber Dubois walking southbound..."

Internet activity was first brought to detective’s attention by Amber’s friends on Feb 19th, less than 1 week after Amber went missing. Forensic search of computers followed. Warrant with probably cause to get access to Yahoo records dated March 10th, 19 days after disclosed to detective. Seems like a long time to me.

===========
“On 02-19-08, Detective Estrada talked to [name blanked out] and [name blanked out] (both juveniles) at Escondido High School. Both juveniles disclosed to Detective Estrada that Amber Dubois stated to them individually that she was online and talking to boys. [Name blanked out] tried to dissuade Amber Dubois from this activity due to her type of conversations that Amber stated she was talking about and the dangers associated with this behavior.

A consensual forensic search of Carrie McGonigle’s and David Cave’s computer and Wii game system at their residence by the Regional Criminal Forensic Laboratory (RCGL) revealed that Amber had several accounts on social networking sites as well as an internet based email account on Yahoo.com. Amber Dubois Yahoo ID is “wolfintheend.” The internet history revealed an increase of internet activity the week prior to the disappearance of Amber Dubois”

[URL="http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/Warrant031209.pdf"]http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/Warrant031209.pdf[/URL]
Man.... that is really disturbing that the perp could be sitting inside of her computer somewhere! There have been several other cases (the vermont case...brooke bennet I believe... sorry if that is the wrong name) that the computer stuff came back MUCH more quickly. How sad and confusing! I would think, in light of what friends had told LE, this would have had the rush put on it!

Man.... that is really disturbing that the perp could be sitting inside of her computer somewhere! There have been several other cases (the vermont case...brooke bennet I believe... sorry if that is the wrong name) that the computer stuff came back MUCH more quickly. How sad and confusing! I would think, in light of what friends had told LE, this would have had the rush put on it!

That happened in my town. A teenage girl was murdered by a man met online. Police knew he was on her buddy list. I don't know if he was tracked down and questioned or not, but he went on the kill another young woman and just happened to be caught by an alert city dump worker who noticed a brand new suitcase out at the landfill and decided to get it or open it and discovered her body. Hope Amber ran away with a young man and didn't meet this sort of fate.

I don't understand either why it is taking so long to be able to look at computer stuff.
It almost feels like..."Yeah...we'll just relax while Amber is out there somewhere needing to be rescued....we'll get to it next week sometime...."
I wonder...what is it that they're waiting for? Do they need a warrnet or something before they can look?
If they do, is it something that her parents can just give permission for?
Cuz i would think they would do that right away right?

Holy cow, well, I just don't know what to say. I would think that LE would have accessed her Yahoo account along time ago. I put much more faith in my fellow sleuthers here at WS than I would in the Escondido Police Department (think Michael Crowe.) I don't think they took this seriously from the beginning. I am gabberflasted that it has taken this long, one month, before they decide to issue a warrant for her Yahoo account.

So, is there a chance that LE will be able to trace a person who was communicating with Amber online? Is there some anonymity provided by using a Yahoo account? I have no idea.

This girl is 14 years old, barely old enough to be in high school, she is just a baby Why didn't LE take her disappearance seriously? I just don't get it.

Agree!

Below for reference is paragraph transcribed from page 2 of warrant – I used “Parent 1” and “Parent 2” instead of names and used “Address” for Amber’s address.

Going back to the male she was seen with, I don’t understand why they didn’t/couldn’t do a sketch of Amber and this male walking based on whatever details the parent can remember. That could be done and out to media in 1 day. Something like the sketch that was done of the guy in the Madeleine McCann case (link with example: http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5720238,00.jpg)

On Friday 02-13-09 a fourteen (14) year old female named Amber Dubois left her residence located at [address] in Escondido to walk to school. At approx. 0708 hours, [parent 1] dropped his children off at Escondido High School and drove northbound on Escondido Blvd. [Parent 1] saw Amber Dubois walking on the western sidewalk of Broadway quickly walking southbound. At approximately 0710 hours, [parent 2] was driving her children to Escondido High School southbound on Broadway Ave when she saw Amber Dubois walking southbound on the west curb of Broadway with a male. [Parent 2] described the male as a dark complected young male who was tall and slender. [Parent 2] did not recognize the male. Both [Parent 2] and [Parent 1] placed her approx. 200 yards north of Escondido High School, located at 1535 N Broadway Ave in Escondido.

http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/Warrant031209.pdf

Search for Amber Turns Up Possible Evidence

Several items of possible evidence were found as volunteers searched the hills in the northwest part of Escondido for clues in the disappearance of 14-year-old Amber Dubois. The girl was last seen Feb. 13 as she walked to Escondido High School.
Sheriff's officials told KFMB-TV they found several items of clothing that will be analyzed during the week to see if they can be helpful in the search for the girl.
The North County Times reported that police subpoenaed cell phone and computer usage records recently and found that Amber was more active than usual in online chats the week before she disappeared.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10012681

Hmm, the northwest part of Escondido. I wonder if this is the area at Cougar Pass that our Invisible first came up with. I sent the info to Escondido PD, it could very well be the stuff from there. I don't like the thoughts that go with that finding, tho. I would rather think she is sitting in someone's apartment while they play video games or something. I just want this girl to be found alive and well!

RElady said:

I wonder if this is the area at Cougar Pass that our Invisible first came up with. I sent the info to Escondido PD, it could very well be the stuff from there.

Way to make a difference, 'lady!

It is interesting to see this in the news so soon after it was discussed here by Invisible, resulting in you calling in the info to LE.

Susan

One of the articles yesterday said she was bringing Valentine's presents to her friends at school. Maybe she had a Valentine for someone else, too--and that was her first stop.

Dad: 'Clues' Turned Over In Missing-Teen Case

The father of a missing teenager girl told a local paper that some "clues were turned over to" local investigators. Dubois also told the North County Times that the "clues" may be helpful but that he did not know anything specific about them.

In another heartbreaking development in the case, Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, said that she had been awakened twice in the middle night since she last saw her daughter by callers claiming to have Amber. Both calls, however, turned out to be made by crank callers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29724053/

Poor Amber's mom. How can people be so cruel?

I went down Cougar Pass early this evening and I took some pictures of the shoe...it is still there. My gut tells me that it does not belong to Amber, but I would still like to know what her black canvas shoes looked like. I will try to figure out how to post them. Since I have already outed myself to my husband as a Websleuther when he went with me on my first search down Cougar Pass, maybe I will help me get the pics on here. The shoe is laying on a black canvas bag that has a Pepsi Blue logo. (Never heard of Pepsi Blue)

TGIRecoverd suggested that I take a credible person with me, but I didn't follow her advice and took my incredible dog instead. I went on short notice after I read the article about clues found after a search of north west Escondido so I did not have time to find a credible witness.

Please let Amber be found soon. I can't even imagine what it must be like for her parents.

Oh no...i just wrote a long thing and it disapeared :(
Anyway i was saying something like Amber seemed to be involved in a lot more online stuff than her parents knew of.
And didn't we hear that her friends were warning her to stop talking to these "boys" online and something about WHAT they were talking about?
Do we know what they were talking about or who these boys were?
Are they from her school? Or strangers?
Have the police been able to see her online stuff yet?
Any plans of her meeting up w/ someone?
Where are you Amber?? :(

Oh that is so cruel...
can they get in trouble for pranking the family of a missing person??
Some people...arrrrgggghhh they make me so mad!

Where is everyone?
Did this thread get moved or something?
It's kind of eerie her tonight...

I'm here - but have no news. There's something very odd about this case. Makes me think LE has information they're not sharing. I pray this girl makes it home safely.

None of the San Diego News channels are reporting anything today. The same thing goes for the North County Times (the local paper for North San Diego County) I too, feel that LE knows more than is being made public. I just want Amber to come home safely to her family!!

I wish there was someway they could let us know that
That there is more that they know that they can't share w/ the public
and what they now expect from us...
should we keep looking in the same places?
Are there new clues?
Do they know what's going on?
Well anyway...
i just want her to come home too!!

Does it seem strange to anyone else that her yahoo id was wolfintheend? Being that she had a check for a lamb? Wolf in Lambs clothing type thing.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that her yahoo id was wolfintheend? Being that she had a check for a lamb? Wolf in Lambs clothing type thing.

I didn't realize that at all....
that is kinda weird....
like i said...."eerie.....
hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics