CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my visit to the command center didn't go as expected. I walked in and there were three women, one man and a child there. I walked up to the three women, said hello, and asked if they knew whether Cougar Pass had been searched. They told me that they were not allowed to know if Cougar Pass had been searched and were snotty. I asked if they knew what Amber was wearing when she disappeared and one lady just pointed at the flyer and told me to take one. I have seen the flyer all over town, it says that she was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. Someone asked me why Cougar Pass should be searched and I said because Broadway turns into Cougar Pass north of the city and that it is in a rural area. The man smirked and told me to feel free to search Cougar Pass myself. I said that I have, I mentioned the shoe and they told me that the police station was right around the corner if I wanted to report it. I was leary about going in there because I thought that they might think I was cuckoo, but I guess I just figured that they would say, oh, thanks for your concern and at least be nice.

The reason that I think that the young men in motorhome have probably been questioned is because that there are frequently two police cars parked in that same parking lot. They meet there to talk. I am sure that they were well aware of the motorhome before Amber's disappearance.

Aww :( I'm sorry that you're trip to the command center was pretty disappointing, and I'm sorry they were so rude! They really aren't going to get anywhere in this case if they're acting like that..

Thank you for your concern though, and your insight and help in this case. The world truly could use more people like you.

I am new here. This case has really affected me. I live just north of Escondido.
Everyday I pray That today will be the day for a happy ending. These are the only things I saw on the local stations today:

www.cbs8.com/GlobalStory.asp?s+9991267

Http://www.nbcsandiego.com/News/local/10k-Raised-To-Continue-Search.html

Hi Nancy :)
Welcome to Websleuths!
This place is great and everyone is friendly...for the most part :)
So you live pretty close to where Amber is from.
It must be so sad around there.
I live very very far away from there, but i feel so much sadness and frustration for her family and friends.
It seems that she is gone w/out a trace...just nothing at all...how does that happen?
Here one day.....gone the next :(

Here is a message I got as I am in a group on Facebook. I am going to try to go to the vigil tonight, I will be in the top row of the staduim, north end, against the fence. Black pants, brown hair, and kinda short.,if anyone wants to join me.

Dear Members,

It has been 1 month since Amber as disappeared. However, despite that passage of time, her family continues to be vigilant in their search for her, a search that will continue until she is safely home.

Tomorrow, Friday the 13th of March at 6:00pm there will be a candlelight Vigil for Amber's safe return.
It will take place at Escondido High School 1535 N. Broadway, Escondido, CA.

We ask that anyone who is able to attend do so, as we need all of our lights of hope to burn together in the hopes of their combined warmth drawing her home.
For those who are unable to attend for any reason, we ask that you light your own candle, wherever you are, and let it burn as a sign of hope for the return of Amber.

Thank you so much for helping illuminate the darkness in homes that the path home for Amber will be bathed in light.

Also, a reminder that the family is in "CONTINUOUS NEED OF VOLUNTEERS". Anyone who can help in any way would be appreciated!

From 8am - 5pm
Everyday until Amber is home safely

Some examples of ways in which you can help:

- Flyer distribution
- Community Awareness
- Organized Site Searches (these will continue every Weekend until Amber is home safely)

(Volunteers must be at least 18 and have valid ID)

For those who cannot make it, but would like to help, we are also in needs of volunteers to work on the internet to help maximize Amber’s visibility. If you are interested, just reply back for more information.

All donations for search and rescue efforts are appreciated and will be held in trust for that sole purpose.

Please send donations to:

"Amber Leeanne Dubois Trust"
P.O.Box 1557
Paramount CA 90723-1557

Additionally, walk-in deposits are Welcomed at:

Comerica Bank - Escondido Branch
260 West Grand Avenue

(714) 883-6076

Here's the contact info on the family website.

CONTACT WITH ANY INFORMATION:

missingamber@yahoo.com

or call 760-743-TIPS (8477)

http://www.bigcatdesigns.com/amber/amber.htm

Thanks, Cloudajo. I am going to walk back down Cougar Pass and look at the shoe again. It is laying on a black plastic trash bag. If I am brave enough, I will look in the trash bag.

Maybe they were just having a bad day at the Command Center.

Gosh, I wish Amber would just be found.

Thanks, Cloudajo. I am going to walk back down Cougar Pass and look at the shoe again. It is laying on a black plastic trash bag. If I am brave enough, I will look in the trash bag.

Maybe they were just having a bad day at the Command Center.

Gosh, I wish Amber would just be found.

You are doing a great job. I'm glad you didn't let those rude people discourage you. Remember how mant times the meter reader had to call the cops befroe they finally found Caylee!

Please take a lot of pics if you can...(wide shots and close-ups) and I would bring a credible witness or two, in case you find something important.

Thanks for trying to help!
Susan

Hey guys!
Any news tonight?
From the vigil??
Or about the shoe???

I wasn't able to go to the vigil, I had to work.

I forwarded the info about the found items at Cougar Pass to my Escondido PD friend and he forwarded it on to the detectives handling the case. There was no discussion but the info will get into the proper hands.

Gosh I wish something would happen here, it seems like there is just nothing to go on. Where is she????

Thanks RELady for passing that info along. I wish I knew what kind of shoes she was wearing at the time because that would solve the question about whether or not the shoe I saw has any significance.

I don't understand why they don't have a very detailed description of her clothing. I wonder if they don't know exactly. I bet today they have a more helpful staff at the command center since it is the weekend and they would be having larged organized searches.

I don't understand why they don't have a very detailed description of her clothing. I wonder if they don't know exactly. I bet today they have a more helpful staff at the command center since it is the weekend and they would be having larged organized searches.

The best my mom can do if I ask her what I wore that day is to say jeans, tee-shirt and sneakers. Usually she can't even remember what color it is except dark or light. She doesn't really pay attention, especially if I don't see her before I leave for school or work.

Oh wow...so this might be something huh?
Come on Amber...where are you???

Blossom, thanks for the link. Online activity may hold some clues.

Read page 2 of the search warrant. At approx 7:08AM Amber was seen by a parent quickly walking southbound on western sidewalk of Broadway. Two minutes later, at 7:10AM, Amber was seen by another parent walking southbound on west curb of Broadway with a dark complected young male who was tall and slender. The parent did not recognize the male.

Need to find this guy. Can parent describe what he was wearing? How about they do a sketch of him and put it out as a “person of interest?”

http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/Warrant031209.pdf

I was just wondering that myself cloud! They DO need to put a sketch out if it was the last person she was seen with. It makes me wonder if the witness was not "sure" if it was Amber....

As for the internet activity... that is very interesting and also very, very scary.

I hope there is some resolution soon.

I was just wondering that myself cloud! They DO need to put a sketch out if it was the last person she was seen with. It makes me wonder if the witness was not "sure" if it was Amber....

As for the internet activity... that is very interesting and also very, very scary.

I hope there is some resolution soon.

Nurse, warrant sounds like it was a "confirmed" sighting. Says "...when she saw Amber Dubois walking southbound..."

Internet activity was first brought to detective’s attention by Amber’s friends on Feb 19th, less than 1 week after Amber went missing. Forensic search of computers followed. Warrant with probably cause to get access to Yahoo records dated March 10th, 19 days after disclosed to detective. Seems like a long time to me.

===========
“On 02-19-08, Detective Estrada talked to [name blanked out] and [name blanked out] (both juveniles) at Escondido High School. Both juveniles disclosed to Detective Estrada that Amber Dubois stated to them individually that she was online and talking to boys. [Name blanked out] tried to dissuade Amber Dubois from this activity due to her type of conversations that Amber stated she was talking about and the dangers associated with this behavior.

A consensual forensic search of Carrie McGonigle’s and David Cave’s computer and Wii game system at their residence by the Regional Criminal Forensic Laboratory (RCGL) revealed that Amber had several accounts on social networking sites as well as an internet based email account on Yahoo.com. Amber Dubois Yahoo ID is “wolfintheend.” The internet history revealed an increase of internet activity the week prior to the disappearance of Amber Dubois”

http://www.nctimes.com/pdf/Warrant031209.pdf

Hi Nancy :)
Welcome to Websleuths!
This place is great and everyone is friendly...for the most part :)
So you live pretty close to where Amber is from.
It must be so sad around there.
I live very very far away from there, but i feel so much sadness and frustration for her family and friends.
It seems that she is gone w/out a trace...just nothing at all...how does that happen?
Here one day.....gone the next :(

Thanks for the welcome! The weird part is even though I live only 20 miles from there I see no posters for her in my area. Are the missing posters in Escondido only? Does anyone know?

I'm hoping now that LE know she was chatting online, they'll be able to zero in on a suspect & bring Amber home safely to her family & friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59