CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too think it is odd that we have heard no new developments on this since the 15th. I absolutely believe that there is tons of stuff that the police is not releasing to the public. That is how most investigations are run.

I haven't had a chance to review the entire thread, but Invisable, you found a shoe and a bag and LE has not come by to pick it up? Can you post pictures? If you don't know how to post them you can email them to me and I can post them for you. Let me know and I will pm my email to you.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that her yahoo id was wolfintheend? Being that she had a check for a lamb? Wolf in Lambs clothing type thing.

Thanks for making that connection bp! I did think the nic was weird, but didn't think of the connection with the $200 check for the lamb.

When I think of it that way, it could have been a hint that she never intended to use the check to buy the lamb. Do we know if the check was cashed?

Susan

TGIRecoverd suggested that I take a credible person with me, but I didn't follow her advice and took my incredible dog instead. I went on short notice after I read the article about clues found after a search of north west Escondido so I did not have time to find a credible witness.

Didn't mean to suggest that you are not credible Invisible! I was just thinking about an extra witness in case it is something important, and in case it "disappears" before LE gets around to collecting it.

I think you were right to leave it where you found it, but it is worrisome knowing it is there, where someone else could tamper with it.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Susan

Well, my visit to the command center didn't go as expected. I walked in and there were three women, one man and a child there. I walked up to the three women, said hello, and asked if they knew whether Cougar Pass had been searched. They told me that they were not allowed to know if Cougar Pass had been searched and were snotty. I asked if they knew what Amber was wearing when she disappeared and one lady just pointed at the flyer and told me to take one. I have seen the flyer all over town, it says that she was wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. Someone asked me why Cougar Pass should be searched and I said because Broadway turns into Cougar Pass north of the city and that it is in a rural area. The man smirked and told me to feel free to search Cougar Pass myself. I said that I have, I mentioned the shoe and they told me that the police station was right around the corner if I wanted to report it. I was leary about going in there because I thought that they might think I was cuckoo, but I guess I just figured that they would say, oh, thanks for your concern and at least be nice.

The reason that I think that the young men in motorhome have probably been questioned is because that there are frequently two police cars parked in that same parking lot. They meet there to talk. I am sure that they were well aware of the motorhome before Amber's disappearance.

I am just completely astounded by this. How horrifying. I am going to go head up that way today and look around myself. I do think you should go to the police though and let them know what you saw, where you saw it and show them the pictures. And it makes me crazy that there is not a better description of what she was wearing down to jewelry, socks, shoes, etc.

Thanks for making that connection bp! I did think the nic was weird, but didn't think of the connection with the $200 check for the lamb.

When I think of it that way, it could have been a hint that she never intended to use the check to buy the lamb. Do we know if the check was cashed?

Susan

I did read somewhere that the check has not been cashed.

Amber:
Abducted? Maybe.
Online boy friend? Maybe.

Even the nicest, most bookish, intelligent of teenagers might do the
most outrageous acts for love. Or what feels like love.
(I speak from experience)

You know, I actually hope she met someone online, NOT a sexual predator,
and had thoughts of living a wonderful romantic life and realized by now,
that just is not going to happen when you are both teenagers.
That would be the best outcome.

The other outcome: I hate to think of it. But it is where our minds go.

Thanks, Cloudajo. I am going to walk back down Cougar Pass and look at the shoe again. It is laying on a black plastic trash bag. If I am brave enough, I will look in the trash bag.

Maybe they were just having a bad day at the Command Center.

Gosh, I wish Amber would just be found.

If you want to tell me exactly where this is at I will be more than happy to go check it out. I don't have a problem opening a trash bag or calling LE.

The whole screen name thing is really bothering me....
i wanna know if it means anything....
more than anything...
where the heck is amber????

I don't think the screenname thing is that big of deal. She liked wolves. That's been established. I took it to mean that she will like forever, to the end...

Didn't mean to suggest that you are not credible Invisible! I was just thinking about an extra witness in case it is something important, and in case it "disappears" before LE gets around to collecting it.

I think you were right to leave it where you found it, but it is worrisome knowing it is there, where someone else could tamper with it.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Susan

Oh no, TGIR! I didn't think for one moment that you didn't think I was credible...I just had no one to go with me and I wanted to get down there a.s.a.p. to see if what I had seen was still there. I respect your opinion and your posts.

I have no idea how to get the pics up here so people can see them. I have four pictures.

DewSeeker, the place where I found the shoe is near where the creek flows over the road. If you were coming from the Escondido end of Cougar Pass (as opposed to the Hidden Meadows end) the location of the shoe would be on your left before the creek passes over the road. It is actually sitting beside a black canvas bag and there is a black plastic garbage bag nearby.

Thank heavens for you local posters! Something about this case just isn't sitting right with me. I feel LE is holding back a lot of info and I sincerely hope they are on the right track.

I don't think the screenname thing is that big of deal. She liked wolves. That's been established. I took it to mean that she will like forever, to the end...

I agree. In one of the articles linked earlier, her father said she loved and collected wolves (pics and figurines I'm assuming).

Her father also said that she wasn't into online chatting, etc. I feel like this is one of those cases where the parents were totally unaware of what their daughter was doing online.

I just joined Shutterfly...will get my husband to help me get the pics off my camera in the morning.

Dad: 'Clues' Turned Over In Missing-Teen Case

The father of a missing teenager girl told a local paper that some "clues were turned over to" local investigators. Dubois also told the North County Times that the "clues" may be helpful but that he did not know anything specific about them.

In another heartbreaking development in the case, Amber's mother, Carrie McGonigle, said that she had been awakened twice in the middle night since she last saw her daughter by callers claiming to have Amber. Both calls, however, turned out to be made by crank callers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29724053/

That is horrible but how do they know they were crank calls? These people should be charged.

That is horrible but how do they know they were crank calls? These people should be charged.

There certainly are some cruel people in this world. How could someone think that was funny? I hope they're being charged with some type of crime.

Oh no, TGIR! I didn't think for one moment that you didn't think I was credible...I just had no one to go with me and I wanted to get down there a.s.a.p. to see if what I had seen was still there. I respect your opinion and your posts.

I have no idea how to get the pics up here so people can see them. I have four pictures.

DewSeeker, the place where I found the shoe is near where the creek flows over the road. If you were coming from the Escondido end of Cougar Pass (as opposed to the Hidden Meadows end) the location of the shoe would be on your left before the creek passes over the road. It is actually sitting beside a black canvas bag and there is a black plastic garbage bag nearby.

Okay, I'm going to try to head that way in a little bit.

I agree. In one of the articles linked earlier, her father said she loved and collected wolves (pics and figurines I'm assuming).

Her father also said that she wasn't into online chatting, etc. I feel like this is one of those cases where the parents were totally unaware of what their daughter was doing online.

I don't think the screenname is that weird either, especially since the articles have said she likes animals and wolves. Yahoo and other e-mail sites have been around for almost 20 years now, so most of the "plain" screennames are taken up- its hard to come up with a totally unique name.

There certainly are some cruel people in this world. How could someone think that was funny? I hope they're being charged with some type of crime.

It really is awful, who would even think to do such a thing? I'm guessing LE tracked the calls since the family said they were crank calls- I hope they were charged with harassment

I went up Cougar Pass and I didn't see anything. I couldn't get out and look around though because they were working on the road. Hopefully if there is something there the road workers will find it. I would still like to see the pictures.

BTW, I've never driven up Cougar Pass. It's pretty desolate. If it hasn't been searched I think it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA