WA WA - GARY RIDGWAY - Green River Serial Killer

He just was not who I had ever pictured. Not saying the guy would have been hot or anything, IMO, but he was just not who I pictured. He looked like another Henry Lee Lucas to me....meek...what have you

Gary Ridgeway was sentenced today to 48 consecutive life sentences without the possibilty of early release or parole. He was also fined almost $500,000.

I watched the heartwrenching victims' impact statements to GR, and even the judge had tears in his eyes. GR did breakdown and cry during one of the family members statements.

GR's family still stands behind the Gary they knew. They stated there was clearly "two Gary Ridgeways", the man they knew, and the man who commited the horrible crimes.

Although I tend to believe there was more than one Green River Killer....

I love Ann Rule, too. I don't know if she would do one on the GRK. But she would do a good job, that's for sure!

Originally posted by WhiteWolf
My favorite crime writer Ann Rule is writing a book about the Green River Killer.

WHAT? I'm going to her site. I didn't know that. She's always stated herself that she would never write some story (ie: Jon Benet) that is over done or done before. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I used to be against the DP..but I am changing my mind. Since the DP isn't an option in Dru's case..LE has lost one hellava bargaining chip. Perhaps that creep would tell where Dru is..in exchange for his life.

The skull of a victim of the Green River killer was found by a hiker in a wooded area off highway 18 near Issaquah Sunday afternoon.

It appears the skull had been recently moved to the area, according to the King County sheriff's office.

Detectives have believed that whoever found the skull originally could lead authorities to other evidence of crimes by the Green River killer, Gary Ridgway, who left victims in close proximity to one another.

The person who found the skull Sunday, a 45-year-old man from Startup, discovered it off an old logging road near Tiger Mountain. No other bones were found.

Investigators with the King County Medical Examiner's office used dental records to positively identify the skull as that of Tracy Winston.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002639963_webremains22.html

I read somewhere that there was talk that Robert Pickton and Gary Ridgeway knew each other at some stage and it's possible they teamed up togeather. What are your thoughts on this ???

who were they? im assuming they killed so what years did they commit crimes?

Ridgeway I believe is the Green River killer and Pickton was a pig farmer in canada who is supposed to be one of the most prolific serial killers in Canadian history. A Google search of both names does show they're investigating some kind of link.

Thanks for the heads-up on this show. I don't watch Montel every day but I want to watch this. I just watched a show on Gary Ridgway on Discovery Times this morning. He looked like anything but what you would think the Green River Killer would look like. Just so ordinary looking. Killed so many young women.

That poor woman she lived with him all those years. I bet it will be very hard for her to ever trust a man agian. He dont look like a killer but what dose a killer look like? That is just scary to think that you could live with someone that is capable of this crime!!!!

You're very welcome.

When I saw the cable info screen on today's show I confused Ridgeway with the BTK killer at first. I couldn't believe his wife was going to be talking in public already! Then I realized it was THIS creep as opposed to THAT creep. :doh:

I wish I would have been online sooner so I would have seen this! I just got done reading an excellent book on Ridgway.

So, did she reveal anything new????

Hi Tez!

I didn't even get to watch it and was hoping they would show video at Montel's link. (I haven't checked yet.) I turned the tv on for weather as I was running out the door and saw what they were discussing but didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I can't even imagine how she must feel now knowing "what" she was married to. :sick:

Did you get my email? I haven't checked since yesterday, so maybe I need to check mine! lol :blowkiss:

Hi Tez!

I didn't even get to watch it and was hoping they would show video at Montel's link. (I haven't checked yet.) I turned the tv on for weather as I was running out the door and saw what they were discussing but didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I can't even imagine how she must feel now knowing "what" she was married to. :sick:

Did you get my email? I haven't checked since yesterday, so maybe I need to check mine! lol :blowkiss:

Hey Taximom! No, I didn't get your eMail. Check your PMs.

I couldn't imagine the shock of finding out that my husband was a serial killer! I'd be put in a nice basket weaving place for the rest of my living days!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back