2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm pretty lost since I'm at work and trying to follow the action. I don't think this witness has testified yet? I understand the computer issues just discussed. But the DNA witness from the Netherlands - has he testified? Is he going to be allowed to testify? Sorry to jump in like this and if you don't have time to answer I'll wait and catch up tonight. Thanks.
The DNA witness has not testified yet. He is going to testify but cannot testify to the DNA evidence as related to decomp fluids if I'm understanding correctly.

OK so April Whalen's daughter drowned in a pool, she was a prisoner at Orange County with Casey, and as LMax pointed out this April's birthday just happens to be June 16th?

OMG the fantasy world continues even behind bars. No wonder Baez is upset the State may just have to blow his case out of the water with this little bombshell.

Okay, what I'm getting from this is that Jose and Casey came up with the June 16th drowning story just lately and neither of them had the smarts to see if there was something that could refute the timeline. I am assuming there are smarter lawyers in the team but so far it looks like they don't really care if Casey gets convicted or no.

OR MAYBE JB didn't want to look to closely at the 16th, because he can't work with the truth.

Yea, so the DT comes up with a defense but failed to check to see if the defense was even feasible? And the computer searches negate that defense? Wow, this just can't get any worse, can it?

Buh, bye KC! Don't let the door hit you in the butt! Justice is coming for you Caylee! :)

Hey fellow W.S.'s...I got a dr's appointment in a couple of hours ( I would reschedule if it wasn't so important ) so please keep up the good work informing us of what's going on. You know, I go and read other websites and there's NO other sites that are as informative and reliable as Websleuths. Keep up the excellent, reliable work....Now I must get ready, but can't help but to read in between getting ready. Thanks !

:seeya:

Same here!

What is on the computer? :waitasec:

And the single worst thing JB could have done is make that OS. He tried so hard to make a big splash. Wonder what ICA thinks about a plea right now.

Oh to be JA and LDB at lunch today. :great:

She can think all she wants but the state is gonna laugh it's butt off unless the plea deal is for LWOP.

Ok, when JB was complaining about the hard drive IIRC he said something to the effect of;

We thought that since you had instructed us to put all of the information witness' would be testifying to in their reports we didn't look at everything.

If he did in fact say the bolded part he's admitting he knew that the witness' were supposed to include everything in their reports and therefore has proven his "mistakes" were intentional. JMO

If someone knows where to find the mornings transcript I'd appreciate a link to get the wording exactly right. TIA

Baez is still playing games. Trying to get the State in trouble because he is. :lol: :floorlaugh: :silly: :lol:

He needs to find a new profession.

I wonder how ICA found out about AW's child drowning if she is in solitary? Isn't she supposed to be in solitary?

TIA

wm

she has her ways, I'm sure, maybe a guard or somebody else from the jail...but, isn't it ironic it's the exact story & April Whalen's date of birth is 06/16/1981....coincidence??

i'll give kc credit for one thing, a stone cold poker face.
when ldb spoke about using the cd to rebut kc's possible
testimony, she didn't bat an eyelash,or twitch a muscle.

So ,if I got that right, ICA may have overheard conversations of April Whalen's describing
her toddler's drowning and the Grandfather finding the little girl drowned.
Also,there is computer and texting evidence from June 16th to rebutt the scenario timeline JB put forth.
JB claimed Discovery violation.

How the heck did THIS come out during the DNA guy's testimony?!

Lord, gone only 20 minutes and I haven't a clue what's going on!

I worked in the Medical Unit of a prison, I was the Medical Records Manager, and we had two inmates on solitary on my unit. Believe me, you can hear just about a whisper of a conversation at times, and if inmates are talking to other inmates in other cells, ICA could easily hear. Just because she is in a cell by herself, does not mean a whole unit of a prison, and she can hear other conversations like that easily.

If you are going to say your client's father found Caylee in the pool and she drowned wouldn't you have checked to see what she was actually doing that day and not just take her word for it. Also since there were only two adults at home on the 16th, KC and her father wouldn't someone on the computer during this time be a GIANT RED FLAG that once more that your client is, again, lying. And this is the State's fault because defense did not think to cover their bases on this matter??????? jmo

Some attorneys even have their client take a polygraph to judge the veracity of their story before running with it. It just goes to show how late in the game it was when they decided to go with the drowning story.

Remember his opening statement... she drowned sometime in the late morning, no sometime in the early afternoon, oh no wait it was late morning. He couldn't even keep their made-up time frame straight in the OS.

I used to think it was just waffling that came from the fact that it was all a lie and he couldn't remember what their lie was but after he said that "I SPECIFICALLY told that the time was unspecified" I'm thinking he did it on purpose to be vague since "I didn't do my homework and check any of her activities that day so I'm leaving myself a lot of wiggle room"

OK so April Whalen's daughter drowned in a pool, she was a prisoner at Orange County with Casey, and as LMax pointed out this April's birthday just happens to be June 16th?

OMG the fantasy world continues even behind bars. No wonder Baez is upset the State may just have to blow his case out of the water with this little bombshell.

She also said that April's father was the one to get the child out of the pool.

Darn, I think I'm gonna miss the Krystal Holloway aka River Cruz testimony this afternoon. Looking forward to reading everyone's comments when I get home.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I've seen sneaky, loud, less than truthful defense attorneys float some stories that defy logic. I have never ever seen an attorney violate court orders repeatedly and intentionally, interrupt the judge, accuse the prosecution of getting in the gutter with him (with no facts to back it up), and blame the prosecution for not doing his homework. Total lack of adult maturity (among many other things).

I hope we get through this trial all the way up to the penalty phase. I think that's what HJBP wants and is working very carefully to make happen, legally and with as little chance for appeal as possible. He can deal with Baez later if Baez's bs represents little threat to the state's case.

Caylee has been waiting for justice for longer than she was alive; no one wants to see her justice delayed any longer by the likes of Baez and Casey (well, except perhaps Baez and Casey). And, from an economic standpoint, Baez has wasted so much of the taxpayer's money already, enough is enough. While it infuriates me that Baez is getting away with this carp, he's just not effective enough to damage the state's case, imo. For Caylee's sake, it sickens me that he even attempts. JMO..

WOW...what a morning!

I caught everything except the State's cross of Eiklenblum (sp)...can someone tell me how that went, please?

TIA

Just like ICA took the "wreck story" of TL's friend & turned it into her Zanny wreck story she told CA, she has taken this girl's tragic story & used it as her own....I'm sure a light bulb went off when she came up with this one!

Good Morning everyone! I'm just getting here - it's just now 9:30am on the west coast. I got to watch the last hour of the morning session of court.

I'm blown away by the information LDB stated in the brief session outside the presence of the jury about April Whelan!

Obviously, April Whelan, who lives in Orange County, heard JB's opening statement via the local news and recognized that it was almost a carbon copy of her story - her child drowning in the pool and the child's grandfather finding the child and trying to revive him or her.

April Whelan went to the OCSO with her story, and they're investigating this.

This information could be part of the state's rebuttal depending on what the defense does.

If the 16th is the day the DT says she drowned, why didn't they nail down everything that happened with each family member that day?

Of course the SA went back and covered their bases for that day based on the DT's opening statement! aarrrggghhh

This is beyond imcompetence!

PS - I am embarassed to say that as a native Floridian, I had no idea we had coyotes!! Learn something new every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53