"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not reporting your child missing is negligent. The child is in your care and you are responsible. If your child shows up dead while in your care, you are responsible. KC's mistake was stating the child had been kidnapped on June 16th when she had no proof the child was actually kidnapped. No phone call, no reason to assume the child was kidnapped, she claims she just could not find them, sooooooo what did she do? Call the police to see if the child and nanny were in an accident....Absolutely not, she "went to a neutral place" Tony's apartment and then proceeded to go out and rent a movie. That's her story and she's "Stickin to it". If I could not get ahold of my sitter the last thing I would think is that the child had been kidnapped. As the child's mother she was obligated to find out what had happened to her child, check hospitals, call friends. She did zip and at that point she was grossly negligent.

So it appears to anyone who will hear this portion of her statement she did not report it because she already knew the child was dead and had she gone to the police they would have found Caylee in the trunk. JMO

Um...the fact that no one else was caring for the child besides the mother. Dead child = neglegent care-taker unless the child died by natural causes.

If negligence were to be true in this case, that would prove there was no premeditated murder.

If negligence were to be true in this case, that would prove there was no premeditated murder.

I guess taking a two year old child to a "no clothes party" earns her a medal-right? Put that baby to sleep in some strangers bed, and drink and party all night. Sounds like neglect to me.

I'm amazed that KC wouldn't allow Caylee to be around cigarette smoke, but it was fine for Caylee to be at a party with men who were almost naked. Mother of the Year I think not!

Well I have to say little Miss Caylee must have had good timing- right at the very time her sociopathic, pathologically lying mother had gone to the trouble to look up how to make Chloroform, neck breaking, household weaponry, just when she had been kicked out of her house, just when she wanted the boyfriend who didn't want kids, just when she wanted to go to Puerto Rico with friends and couldn't go, just when she hated the fact she was dependent on Cindy the most, just when all the planets were in alignment- wouldn't you know it, Caylee just happened to meet with an accident. hmmm

I'm amazed that KC wouldn't allow Caylee to be around cigarette smoke, but it was fine for Caylee to be at a party with men who were almost naked. Mother of the Year I think not!

And sleep in the bed with the boyfriend du jour.

Not anymore it's Murder One, so why would you bring up neglect?

I was not the person who brought neglect up. That fact aside, others believe the evidence supports neglect, not aggravated child abuse much less murder one.

I live in a state in which, like Florida, if a child dies on your watch, and it is due to negligence, it can be considered manslaughter. I often use the word assume because I'm not comfortable substituting my own opinions for facts as some do.

I live in a state in which mothers who leave their children unattended in cars even for a minute or two and within sight are arrested for neglect. If a child died in an "accident" that was unreported - and therefore that child never received professional help which might have saved its life, the state would see that as tantamount to manslaughter since the child is dependent on that adult for medical aid. Not rendering aid would be considered felony level neglect.

You may find my notions mind-boggling, and it may be your opinion they are incredibly erroneous, but I feel like I'm in good company here.

You are right. The problem some people have is slavishness to the letter of the law. I personally do not care if the right thing (justice for caylee) is achieved in the technical 'wrong' way. The legal system is not fool proof and the point of it all is for justice, not just following procedure for heaven's sake.

The system is here for everyone, not just legal professionals who are often out of touch with the spirit with which our system was founded. Kinda sad, but I trust the jury to do the right thing.

Since not all evidence has been released yet I would think it is safe to say that the SA's know what they have. And at the proper time the jury will see it even if we do not beforehand. KC has thrown her life away and obviously did not care. Look at the checks she cashed. Not a worry in the world. And when her mother sat across from her crying what does KC do, she laughs at her and asks her father "Why is she crying already?" That is a cold, cold hearted person.

You are right. The problem some people have is slavishness to the letter of the law. I personally do not care if the right thing (justice for caylee) is achieved in the technical 'wrong' way. The legal system is not fool proof and the point of it all is for justice, not just following procedure for heaven's sake.

The system is here for everyone, not just legal professionals who are often out of touch with the spirit with which our system was founded. Kinda sad, but I trust the jury to do the right thing.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with your assessment that justice is served more when it fairly seeks recompense for the victim. I haven't seen a legal professional here yet who has disputed anything like that and the slavishness I see in some has nothing to do with the law but obvious personal bias.

Some people are not acknowledging the fact that Murder One in FL does not require premeditation if the death resulted from felony child abuse or any death in the commission of a felony. Premeditation is just icing on the cake if it can be proved. DP can result anyway. Lin and others have presented fine arguments using actual documentation from FL statues and not incessant begging the question in order to establish that here. Others engage in circular, pedantic arguments based on personal opinion - which is fine - but personal opinion none the less.

Sure, anyone could have done it.

But, a preditor would have had to, somehow, take the child out of KC's custody.

"A pathological liar is usually defined as someone who lies incessantly to get their way and does so with little concern for others. Pathological lying is often viewed as coping mechanism developed in early childhood and it is often associated with some other type of mental health disorder..."

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/confront_a_liar/public/pathological-compulsive.html

From what I gather, a pathological liar would not believe his or her own lies. I think if you believe in self-created fantasy, then you have some other type of psychological disorder that goes far beyond lying.

So, it comes down to the fact that KC knows how Caylee left her hands and she is lying about it.

If anyone could come up with one, logical reason why KC would be lying about how an alive-and-well Caylee left the hands of her mother other than to protect KC's own self, then I would love to hear it!

If a preditor took Caylee and now an innocent KC is looking at death row, why wouldn't KC simply state the facts about how the bad guy got little Caylee?

I think the psycologist or psycharatist say that there is no way to tell if someone is a patholicgal liar without acutally examining themselves. You cant really do it from television.

I think the logical reason is what she told them in the first place and that is that the nanny took caylee. It is the only story so far that makes sense.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with your assessment that justice is served more when it fairly seeks recompense for the victim. I haven't seen a legal professional here yet who has disputed anything like that and the slavishness I see in some has nothing to do with the law but obvious personal bias.

Some people are not acknowledging the fact that Murder One in FL does not require premeditation if the death resulted from felony child abuse or any death in the commission of a felony. Premeditation is just icing on the cake if it can be proved. DP can result anyway. Lin and others have presented fine arguments using actual documentation from FL statues and not incessant begging the question in order to establish that here. Others engage in circular, pedantic arguments based on personal opinion - which is fine - but personal opinion none the less.

"DP can result anyway."

That is another falsehood.

You should really read Dr Haskell's report on when death likely occurred- it is as close to timeline as we are going to get, for now - he says
Based upon insect development recovered from the autopsy, or from the scene where the remains were deposited,is consistent for death and insect colonization occurring in the later portion of June 2008 into July.
That knocks the 'body was moved' story out quite nicely.

You should really read Dr Haskell's report on when death likely occurred. I interpret it differently than you. Lets both go back and read it again for the 10th time. I see it happening much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa