TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Holly had clinicals that day she might not have been taking books or a back pack. Packing a lunch could mean that she only had 30 minutes to eat at a hospital.

True, but books were mentioned for searchers, so I think her family must have tried to deduce what she had with her.

That's not unusual, unfortunately. I've heard the same in other missing persons' cases as well. :( If it were me, I'll let them search all over my property, inside and out!

I would as well. But, there is a certain percentage of jacklegs in any community, regardless of size. I can see that type refusing to let their property be searched "just because". As in just because it's the cops and that's what I was asked to do. Or just because I have some pot growing behind my barn, lol.

I was listing out reasons earlier why I thought LE believed it was someone from the community, but left this one out. The reaction of the brother is a HUGE clue, IMO. If you've lived with someone for 20 years, and you see their behavior, you can read their reactions. I know for a fact that if I saw my sis talking with some creepy guy and she felt threatened/weirded out in the slightest, I would pick up on her non-verbal communication even if I was standing far away from her. The fact that the brother instinctively did not believe his sis was in immediate danger based on the few seconds he saw leads me to believe that, at least at that very moment he observed, Holly herself did not feel threatened. The only way that is possible, IMO, is if it was someone she had met before. Hunting season or no, some random person showing up on your property in the morning is suspicious, surely even to a sweet-natured girl from the country.

I completely agree. Because I live out in the country, I react very strongly to anyone I don't know showing up on my property and would assume they are up to no good until proven otherwise. I think most people who live in rural areas are very sensitive to trespassers - partly because we know that help is farther away. I don't know if a young woman would react in quite the same way but I think she would at least feel cautious of a stranger.

I think that she was in shock... I sure would be..!! Just like Heather Sullivan when she was nearly abducted at her rural home, first thing in the morning.... she said "I froze.!! Even people who have been trained for certain events admit when an attack actually happened that they forgot everything they learned because their minds went blank...

I've been trained in the field of LE but one morning at 6:00am I got into my vehicle to go to work and my windows had frost on them. I cleared the front window with my windshield washer fluid and rolled down my side windows so that I could see if there was any vehicles coming as I backed out of my driveway. It was dark out at the time I rolled my windows down and no sooner had I done that someone stuck their head into my driver's side window and said good morning. I didn't know this person and my heart skipped several beats when it happened and I froze. The only saving grace I had was that my finger was still on the button to open/close the windows and I immediately started to close the window with this guy's head still stuck in the window. I was terrified. It turned out to be the guy who delivers the Shopper's News, but I never saw him when I got into my vehicle and I'm one who is very alert to what is around me. Needless to say the guy got screamed at for that stunt.

See BBM - below: Who knows this?!!!

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/01/05/041511-news-holly-bobo-4-4/

Who knew she went to class on Tuesdays and on Wednesdays at 7:30?
And who knew when Holly's parents went to work?

And who knew it was Finals Week and that Holly wouldn't be getting up in the morning on a scheduled basis so that they could have this window of opportunity?

This timing reminds me of Kyron that way. End of school year schedule may have prompted this abduction.

C'mon peeps, this is a short list. It could very well be someone from her nursing program - at least someone who knew when she left the house every Wednesday.

I have to think that they KNOW who did this.

I wonder when the last day of class/exam was for her program?

:cow:

This article was a great find, Emmakins. Thanks for posting it.

I don't see anything leading to Holly's brother. Unless Ive missed it in this case... I haven't heard one unkind word said about this entire family. I see no dysfunctional family with any prior issues. They truly seem to be a very close tight knit family which isn't uncommon to find especially in the south, imo.

The abduction scenario doesn't make sense to some simply because we don't know exactly what transpired and how she was abducted because we weren't there when it happened. Then we try to use our logic instead of the abductor's thought processes and try to second guess what Holly should have done. It really just becomes a guessing game at this point.

Being the last known person never means that person is the one that harmed their family member. If that were an indicator then that would mean that everyone who went missing or was harmed it was done by a family member or the last known person to see them and that simply is not true.

Someone has to be the last known person to see someone before they go missing in every case that happens. Since Holly was abducted from her own home in a very rural area it only makes sense that person would be a family member who lived at the same place.

The flecks of blood found seems to me to be some type of wound that made a small prick in either the neck area or maybe her side and it sprayed tiny specks/flecks out when a vein was hit releasing a small mist of blood/flecks on the ground.

Of course the forensic experts can tell a lot about the blood pattern/spatter left behind. So I don't think the perp was bleeding but Holly was. Not enough to gravely harm her but enough she knew he was very serious.

I think he knew her habits and he was in the garage waiting when she came to get in her car.

IMO, none of the family and friends of Holly are the suspects they are looking for.

The week prior Helm reiterated that no one has been ruled out in Holly’s abduction, and added that “the focus of law enforcement developing a suspect is outside immediate friends and family. Both Clint [Holly’s brother] and Drew [Holly’s boyfriend] have been helpful and cooperative throughout the investigation. Clint is being treated as an eyewitness.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Holly Bobo Abduction: Police presence in Henderson County - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...olice-presence-henderson-county#ixzz1L6SrFZMJ
IMO

Look at the job LE did searching John Couey's trailer in the Jessica Lundsford kidnapping. Even though he was a SO who had failed to register, they just aksed him if he had seen the girl and went away without looking inside.

They have no choice if the residents do not agree to a search, unless they get a search warrant and search warrants require "probable cause."

They have no choice if the residents do not agree to a search, unless they get a search warrant and search warrants require "probable cause."

Seems to be when a young girl is kidnapped from her house and a dangerous RSO lives right next door 20 yards away that would be probable cause.

I cannot imagine anyone refusing to let them search!!! Dang are they afraid LE will see what all they have???LOL, that just blows my mind...I would do anything in the world if I thought it would help find a missing person....search whatever I have!!!! Just makes no sense to me,IMO.

Not if you had something you wanted to hide, not necessarily related to Holly's abduction, but just something you didn't want prying eyes to find.
And believe it or not, there are people who just do not want any kind of intrusion, maybe just very private people who resent anyone barging into their homes for ANY reason. They may take a request to search their homes as a suggestion that they are under suspicion because they don't like or trust LE for whatever reason and would demand that LE have a warrant. And of course, LE cannot produce a warrant without probable cause so these persons use that as an "in your face" towards LE.
Remember, it takes all kinds. Not everyone is honest or caring or cooperative. Those are the kinds of people who make LE's job so difficult.

Seems to be when a young girl is kidnapped from her house and a dangerous RSO lives right next door 20 yards away that would be probable cause.

Not to some judges, apparently. You would think it would be, but the law is the law and sometimes LE's hands are tied, which makes it that much harder to do their jobs. And in the end, they usually get the blame because they don't tell the public all the roadblocks that have been thrown up while they were investigating.

Maybe you're not familiar with LE searches. There's a big difference between searching and looking. Searchers take everything out and just leave it for owners to put things back together. In essence, they often make a real mess. So, I can understand the reluctance for searchers to come onto someone's property.

That's true. The first thing I would ask is for them to take off their shoes, as we are a shoeless house, meaning we don't wear shoes in the house. I wouldn't let them handle anything valuable either. I would let them search though.

It's raining again here today with flash flood warnings in Decatur and the surrounding counties.

Thank you for the photo. Carla.

I haven't been able to keep up with how Holly's home looks from the ground but did read the property listing on the property and it stated the garage is a detached garage.

Which side of this photo is the garage on? TIA

IMO

Let me make a copy of the picture to put some notes and comments on and I will post them side by side.

That's true. The first thing I would ask is for them to take off their shoes, as we are a shoeless house, meaning we don't wear shoes in the house. I wouldn't let them handle anything valuable either. I would let them search though.

Do you honestly think they would take their shoes off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53