Follow the Money....

I'm so glad this thread got bumped. Because, in my opinion, ultimately, we are going to discover the murder of Teresa was ALL about money. Money, money and more money. The primary motive was $$$$$. I am sure of that much now.

I predict this thread is going to become hotter and hotter as more evidence comes forward.

I'm so glad this thread got bumped. Because, in my opinion, ultimately, we are going to discover the murder of Teresa was ALL about money. Money, money and more money. The primary motive was $$$$$. I am sure of that much now.

I predict this thread is going to become hotter and hotter as more evidence comes forward.
Totally, and absolutely agree. Greed = Evil.
Some will do whatever it takes to get out of a situation, regardless, of the cost of others.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IIRC in the doc dump thread there were additional informational pages to the Jackson (policy). Does anyone here think any of those insurance claims have been paid out to MS? The only returns were for Prudential, State Farm and the added Jackson policy. If it's at all possible could be why that lien was placed on him "the grieving widower."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC in the doc dump thread there were additional informational pages to the Jackson (policy). Does anyone here think any of those insurance claims have been paid out to MS? The only returns were for Prudential, State Farm and the added Jackson policy. If it's at all possible could be why that lien was placed on him "the grieving widower."

To my knowledge, not a single dime has been paid out to MS from insurance policies. So we can be thankful for small mercies.

I have a question. Is it illegal for mark's lawyer to pass a message to curtis lawyer to pass a message to curtis about covering up a conspiracy debacle that went awry. For the purposes of mark having curtis to deny everything regarding marks involvement, with the hopes of mark collecting the insurance money and taking care of cww and his family.

I have a question. Is it illegal for mark's lawyer to pass a message to curtis lawyer to pass a message to curtis about covering up a conspiracy debacle that went awry. For the purposes of mark having curtis to deny everything regarding marks involvement, with the hopes of mark collecting the insurance money and taking care of cww and his family.

I doubt that would happen. That sounds like conspiracy to commit fraud at the very least and would also probably violate some legal ethics.

Huh! If the IRS was after MS BEFORE this document dump - which it appears they were - they will be all OVER him after learning of $40K cash laying about.

To have accumulated that much cash, something illegal is likely going on. Either the source of the cash was illegal - such as drug trafficking, illegal gambling, etc. - or even if the source of it was legal, such as having a cash only medical practice, that money has to be reported as income.

We have no way of knowing at this point what went on for the Sievers to have gotten that recent tax lien, but I'd take a guess that the IRS nosed around the "no insurance accepted" aspect cash of the medical practice.

And guess what? I recently read an article about IRS whistleblowers. Apparently the IRS has made it much easier lately for an employee to turn in an employer, remain anonymous and collect a reward based on the amount the IRS recovers. The article said that some IRS whistleblowers have even remained in the employ of the company they turned in.

----------

Re: The $100 bills used during the Florida death trip These bills would not have been recovered. Too much time had passed by the time their use was discovered.

The serial numbers on currency were a big part of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping case back in the 1930s. Bruno Hauptman, who proclaimed his innocence, was convicted and executed partly because a stash of bills found in his home matched the recorded serial numbers from the bills used to pay the ransom in the case. It was his use of one of the bills to pay for gasoline at a gas station that brought him to the attention of the police.

If CWW had a stash of $100 bills at his house, that will likely come out eventually.

BBM: In the practice thread, there is a linked post from a former patient of Dr. Sievers' who had Medicare. That person was told it was accepted when in reality it wasn't. That patient talked/got yelled at by Mark and that patient then in turn reported the office to Medicare. With the recent change in the healthcare laws, the IRS is now very much involved with health insurance and Medicare, so I'd imagine that got the attention of the IRS at that time and that's when they honed in on the all cash/pay up front nature of the practice.

It's post #543: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...June-2015-*ARRESTS*-8&p=12041918#post12041918

If TS was paying into Social Security, which she should have been even if self-employed, her two children would be able to collect survivor benefits based on her work record. The father would collect the benefits on behalf of underage children.

Unless MS the money manager was not paying into Social Security along with not paying the IRS.

How is Mark paying bills if he isn’t working?

MS is possibly receiving $1,000 to $2,000 per month for Social Security Survivor Benefits.

TS would have had earnings likely reported to SS before she met MS. I would imagine the eligibility requirements would be met for MS to receive SS survivor benefits. I don’t find any stipulation regarding SS benefits being withheld or delayed if the surviving spouse is a suspect in the homicide of the deceased worker.

Obviously not knowing TS’s reported SS earnings, I am guesstimating MS is currently eligible to receive between $1,000 and $2,000 per month as SS survivor benefits for himself and his 2 children.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown5.html
These are examples of monthly benefit payments:

• Widow or widower, any age, caring for a child under age 16 -- 75 percent of the worker’s benefit amount.
  • A child, unmarried, under age 18 (19 if still in elementary or secondary school) or disabled -- 75 percent of the worker’s benefit amount.

BUT, there's a limit to the amount that family members can receive each month. The limit varies, but it is generally equal to about 150 to 180 percent of the basic benefit rate.

Formula For Family Maximum Benefit
https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/familymax.html

More information:
https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown2.html
https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown4.html

How is Mark paying bills if he isn’t working?

MS is possibly receiving $1,000 to $2,000 per month for Social Security Survivor Benefits.

TS would have had earnings likely reported to SS before she met MS. I would imagine the eligibility requirements would be met for MS to receive SS survivor benefits. I don’t find any stipulation regarding SS benefits being withheld or delayed if the surviving spouse is a suspect in the homicide of the deceased worker.

Obviously not knowing TS’s reported SS earnings, I am guesstimating MS is currently eligible to receive between $1,000 and $2,000 per month as SS survivor benefits for himself and his 2 children.

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown5.html
These are examples of monthly benefit payments:

• Widow or widower, any age, caring for a child under age 16 -- 75 percent of the worker’s benefit amount.
  • A child, unmarried, under age 18 (19 if still in elementary or secondary school) or disabled -- 75 percent of the worker’s benefit amount.

BUT, there's a limit to the amount that family members can receive each month. The limit varies, but it is generally equal to about 150 to 180 percent of the basic benefit rate.

More information:
https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown2.html
https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown4.html

SS, this is good info. and thanks to AlwaysShocked for bringing this likely source of MS's income to our attention. Is your estimated figure the combined amount MS would receive for himself plus the 2 girls?

Re ^ possibility of LI proceeds being paid out while LE is actively investigating & has advised LI co's that MS is a PoI or suspect???

Extreeeeeeeeeeeeemely doubtful, imo.

Extensive discussions about why not in Life Ins Policies thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?296123-The-Life-Insurance-Policies-on-Dr-Sievers

If MS was "skimming" cash out of the medical practice -of which having $40K in cash in a home safe would be a prime indication - he may have been reporting only "minimal wages" for TS. Monthly SS benefits are determined by a combination of the number of quarters worked during the work lifetime of the person and the amount they actually contributed to the fund (which is based on their wages). And there is a cap on benefits, for everyone no matter how much you actually earned per year. (There is also an annual cap on the amount of wages upon which FICA taxes are withheld.)

By the way, it was another bone-headed move for MS to have that much cash in the house when he was planning to have the wife murdered. Instant red flags for anyone to have that much cash.

Did he really, really think that because he was not in town that law enforcement would not suspect him? He really is a total idiot in addition to being a psychopath!

-----------------------------------------------

A self-employed person must pay in at a double rate - paying as the employee and paying as the employer. So when you work for a large company, you pay in half and the employer pays in half. But if you are a non-incorporated independent contractor - such as a real estate agent, for instance - you have to pay in the double rate.

As far as the life insurance payout - no way on the face of the earth are the insurance companies going to pay out at this time. Even if he never gets charged, he will likely have to sue the insurance companies to try to get them to pay!

I have a question. Let's say TS took out a business loan and owes $50,000 to Bank ABC. Can Bank ABC go after TS's personal or business life insurance??? Idk, can the court appoint someone to act as a trustee (anyone other than MS of course) to use her life insurance to pay off her debts?

The answer to this question would depend on various areas of state law. In a "community property" state (and I don't know if Florida is one of them) all assets and all debts are considered to belong to both of the people in the marriage. So theoretically at least, the remaining "partner" of a marriage could possibly be held liable for the other's debts.

In other states, such as Pennsylvania, marital partners are considered to be separate entities and a wife cannot be held liable for a deceased spouse's debts - as long as she was not a party to the original loan.

Then there are Probate laws, which are different in each state. A person's debts can be charged against their estate. If the estate has any assets. In most, but not all cases, if something like a house was in both names, the house automatically becomes the property of the surviving spouse upon the death and debts cannot be collected against it. But, again, individual state laws de termine things like this.

As for life insurance, if a person has a named beneficiary, the life insurance proceeds go directly to that person and do not become a part of the dead person's estate.

It would have been a good thing if TS had named her children as primary beneficiaries on one of those four policies. But as secondary beneficiaries only, they cannot collect. And no, no creditor could ever "go after" a life insurance policy. BUT there have been cases where a person has named their own estate as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. In that case, the life insurance money would be paid to and become part of the estate assets. And then a creditor could go after it.

I have a question. Let's say TS took out a business loan and owes $50,000 to Bank ABC. Can Bank ABC go after TS's personal or business life insurance??? Idk, can the court appoint someone to act as a trustee (anyone other than MS of course) to use her life insurance to pay off her debts?

AlwaysShocked provided some good info in post just above. Here are my thoughts, based upon some other possibilities, opns, or azz-umptions, as stated.

If Dr TS had bank loan(s) for practice, she may have gotten w her siggie only. Or maybe bank required MS siggie too. IDK.
If she had incorporated her practice (prof corp, LLC, what-ev), she may have signed only as principal/officer of business entity & not personally (unlikely imo). IDK.

Also possible - loan(s) may have been issued w 'credit life ins' policy on Dr TS's life, for amt of loan, so Dr TS signed ins co form designating bank/lender as beneficiary and paid 'credit life ins' premiums 'built in' to loan payments----
----so in event of her death, ins co wd pay death benefit directly to bank as named beneficiary to cover unpaid balance. Which, as it turns out here, occurred before she had (hypo'ly) entirely repaid the (hypo) loan(s). IDK.

If before her death, she had repaid (hypo)loan entirely, per credit life ins policy & loan terms, death benefit $ of policy would have declined to zero $, so ins co would not pay $ to named bank/lender or to anyone else benef. No death benefit $ remaining. IDK.

Possible - she pledged other assets (unknown to us) to secure loan(s). Possible she had other assets, property, accounts that she could have used as collateral. If so, bank/lender would (likely, imo) have had approp doc's allowing them to take title to collateral to satisfy the unpaid balance, in event of default on loan(s) or on her death. IDK.

Possible - bank requested Dr TS on existing LI policies when loan was made to name bank as benef. Dr TS may have signed LI co forms to designate bank/lender as benef. IDK.

Hoping W/S bus. loan officers will chime in to clarify or correct ^. Pls & thx in adv.

But in brief, agreeing w AlwaysShocked - Bank/lender as (unsecured) creditor "going after" LI policy naming MS or Dau's as benef's is up the creek. If bank/lender did not take approp steps to reduce its risk, it may not be repaid and may have uncollectible loan account.*

Seems Dr TS was a wonderful physician, mother, and person. Sad, sad, sad, that she met her end this way.

"Loans, receivables or other debts that have virtually no chance of being paid. An account may become uncollectible for many reasons, including the debtor's bankruptcy, an inability to find the debtor, lack of proper documentation, etc."

SS, this is good info. and thanks to AlwaysShocked for bringing this likely source of MS's income to our attention. Is your estimated figure the combined amount MS would receive for himself plus the 2 girls?
Yes, my guesstimate is “the combined amount MS would receive for himself plus the 2 girls.”

There is a Family Maximum Benefit computation which is explained in more detail at this link I previously provided:
Computation of the Retirement and Survivor Family Maximum

Maybe MS paid for some of CWW's prior legal bills...and as someone mentioned repaying an old debt by killing TS. But then there is JRR someone had to pay him...

Would MS be eligible for unemployment? How does that work when you kill your employer???

Would MS be eligible for unemployment? How does that work when you kill your employer???
He would be eligible for unemployment. He hasn't been charged with his wife/employer's death. He can't live on employment insurance in FL, the max you can collect is $250 per week. It's a pathetic joke to expect anyone to survive on that amount, ask me.. I know.

He would be eligible for unemployment. He hasn't been charged with his wife/employer's death. He can't live on employment insurance in FL, the max you can collect is $250 per week. It's a pathetic joke to expect anyone to survive on that amount, ask me.. I know.
Florida unemployment benefits are currently “a maximum of $275 per week.”

http://www.stateofflorida.com/articles/florida-unemployment.aspx

MS’s eligibility for unemployment benefits would initially hinge on whether he has had “wages earned in what is called the "base period," which is the first four complete quarters beginning 18 months prior to your claim“. "Typically, Reemployment Assistance lasts up to 26 weeks or until employment is found."

MS might not have been getting paid a paycheck from TS’s business, but if he was getting paid payroll wages during this timeframe, he would likely be eligible to file a claim for unemployment benefits.

He doesn't seem to be hurting too much for money...still can't mow his own lawn and pays for landscaping service. He's also had some concrete and tree stumps recently pulled up. Doesn't seem to be feeling much sting yet!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back