NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the video, I don't even see a porch. Are they calling the wood steps leading up to the door a porch?

porch.jpg

OT:

Kelly, did you see the new child alert that flashed on TV a little while ago? It said Child Abduction Alert for all of NC, expires at 11:12pm tomorrow night. Just wondering if it is related to Shaniya, or if this is a different one.

Yes indeed and if LE is relying on the dogs to find this baby I would suggest some officers get down on their bellies and start crawling under that trailer! If she didn't leave the house...then she's still in the house...or under it!
The underpinning of the trailer is strewn about the yard, so i assume that LE looked under the trailer.
I tend to give the dogs a break because I am in NC and darn the rain has been torrential, and the wind has been strong. Very strong.
In the video with the helicopter posted by momtective, LE is stopping every car and checking it out, and I hope that they would have sense enough to look under trailers that are nearby. I just have a lot of sympathy for anyone in this weather looking for this child. the Mother hasnt said a word, or made a plea that I am aware of, so the cops and dogs have my utmost respect right now..

OT:

Kelly, did you see the new child alert that flashed on TV a little while ago? It said Child Abduction Alert for all of NC, expires at 11:12pm tomorrow night. Just wondering if it is related to Shaniya, or if this is a different one.
NO! Shaniyas amber alert was crawling at the bottom of my tv until I went to bed last night, but I havent seen it today, and why would one "end" at a certian time? Thanks for the heads up, channel surfing now. Being Veterans day, I have been watching Rambo 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 all day :)

Do Amber alerts expire? Maybe thats why the time limit?

Yeah, I noticed them looking in that white truck with the bed cover.
But, it looked like a lot of stuff in the bed of that truck. She just gave a quick peak in the bed and in the back seat thru the windows.
IMO - a 5 year old child could be hidden under that stuff or under a seat.
I'm in no way saying she may or may not of been in that particular truck, but I would think they would look a little bit better than that.
JMO

O/T a bit, but sad to say, down my way a big deal on the news in the summer was the owner of a trailer park didn't pay the bills, declared bankruptcy so the county was due to stop services....which the renters paid every month to the owner in rent to be paid. The redcross stepped in to cover it. Can you imagine an entire trailer park with no water, sewage or trash services in Florida in the summertime?!

Ugh no... but yes I suppose the arrangement varies. I'd still like to know when this problem began. Assuming it has been a longstanding (or previously experienced) one, all I can say is no baby should be raised in squalor, where raw sewage is backing up in the bathtub or potty isn't working. And the photo can be so misleading, in a pristine white dress. Something smells funky alright...

:parrot:

Gosh guys, I don't want another case of a parent doing something horrible to their child, even if it seems that is where this is going. It just irks against every instinct I have as a Mom, to imagine so many evil people in the world, reality or not.

I wonder if they're using cadaver dogs or just scent dogs. I would think with feces on the blanket the dogs would be able to find her. If the darling had a mouse in her pocket my little pompom could find her...that little pom of mine can sure track a mouse, dead or alive and she always brings them and lays them at my feet...:yuck:
Not making light of this situation in any way...just sayin'

It makes you wonder if some people just don't have that instinct?
I have a hard time believing that.
I do know that stresses of the world sometimes make people snap but there is no excuse EVER for a mother to hurt a child. IMO
It goes against nature.
I can't imagine anybody hurting a child, but a mother???? It's beyond me.

It is sad, kelly. I don't even know where to look for NC Child Abduction Alerts online.

I want to know if this is related to Shaniya or if it is yet another baby missing.

I suppose so. I'm wondering which one they are talking about though. The front steps or the back ones.

BTW I love the pic in your sig. I chuckle every time you post and I see it. :crazy:

Thank you.
Sometimes I type really fast trying to portray what I'm thinking.
Sometimes I type like I talk - redneck to the bone. (and proud, might I add)

I used to worry about it all the time, looking :crazy: when I spelled something wrong. So, I figure a disclaimer would fix it.

So, it looks like the blanket was recovered before dogs were brought in from info below. The dogs must have been search and not cadaver / decomp as they would have picked up on feces on back porch, at a minimum, right?

Police dogs searched the neighborhood and some nearby woods late Tuesday and didn't pick up Shaniya's scent. Investigators said the dogs would have picked up her trail if she had been walking around the area. (http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/)

And

MOORE: Well, about 7:30 that morning, I heard a knock at my door. And I answered the door, and it was a gentleman from the police department asking me about a little 5-year-old girl, had I seen her. And I told him no, I hadn`t seen her. He told me the child`s name and asked me did I know her. And I said, No, I don`t know her. He let me know, like I said, that she was missing and that they were just basically looking for her at the time. (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/11/ng.01.html)

Also...interesting info on search and rescue dogs....What is the difference between a search dog, cadaver dog, decomp dog and a forensic evidence dog?

A "search dog" has little or no training in finding deceased humans. The term "cadaver dog" came about after search and rescue dogs started to be trained to look for expired lost persons and suicides. The term "decomposition dog" better describes how dogs will indicate decomp human scent which includes blood, feces, urine or other material with human scent on it. from http://www.ilpwda.com/faqs.htm

Ok y'all. I gotta go to bed. Work will come early in the morning.
Have a great night.

Praying for Shaniya and all who love her.

I don't see a stranger sticking around long enough to deliberately spread feces on a porch.

kelly, I found the website for NC Amber Alerts, but it doesn't look like they have updated it. The only one showing is for Shaniya. Last update was 11/10/09.

It's with a heavy heart I go off to bed also. Sick as a dog and my girls expect a chipper Momma to get them off to school and work expects me alert (go figure!).

Hopefully by tomorrow they will find this babygirl, safe. And Haleigh too. And the monsters who hurt children will disappear from the face of the earth...oh dreaming already. nite.

Night girl's...se ya's tomorrow..sleep well and pray for Shaniya,and Lindsey, and all our other missing babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes