NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone hear that they were having sewage problems? Thought I heard that on Nancy Grace.

Catching up on threads...and came across this one. Breaks me heart that there is another one.

Sadly, I too think someone in that house did this or knows what happened because of the lack of someone in the family pleading for the return of this child.

One thing I did notice though is the neighbor's trash can looks like a cart where you have to pay for the monthly service. Meaning that these are not city provided cans or dumpsters in the area. Other posters have said that this is a depressed area and maybe not alot of them can afford the service so they frequently "borrow" other paying customers trash cans. I have not seen any trash cart in any of the aerial photos around Shaniya's house. The fact that it was possibly done around 3:00 a.m. and the neighbor stated that they had not used it in the past would send up some red flags maybe?

Also, I haven't seen it anywhere if they said there was other trash in the can or was it just the blanket? Unless these people are low-watt bulbs, if I wanted to hide a piece of evidence I would at least try to hide it in a bag of household trash. Forgive me if I have that wrong, but for some reason I have it in my head that the blanket was the lone occupant of that trash can. Anybody know if that is true?

Good questions. My question is exactly how much feces was found on the porch? I picture someone taking a blanket outside to shake it off KWIM? But I wouldn't think that there would be signifcant amounts unless, Oh I don't know, so strange to me.
the one link said the feces was SMEARED on the railing and floor of the porch... SMEARING indicates deliberate action. (thought: child soils the blanket... angry adult takes blanket outside and smears/wipes it on the railing/floor.. leaves it there.. goes back into trailer where something horrible happens. just a thought

however, I am not sure what would cause a five year old to lose bowel control.. it is not, however, uncommon in sexual abuse (just thinking again):
How would I know if my child is being sexually abused?

Many parents expect their son or daughter to tell them or another trusted adult about being sexually abused. Abusers often threaten or convince the child not to tell anyone about it. The child may believe that the abuse is his fault and that the will be punished if someone finds out. A child’s first statements about abuse may be vague and incomplete. He may just hint about the problem to see if he would get in trouble. Abused children may tell a friend about it. The friend may then tell an adult. Children may tell about abuse after a personal safety program at their school. Parents may suspect abuse because of the child’s behavior. You should be aware of the following behavioral changes in your child that may be symptoms of sexual abuse:
  • Noticeable, new fear of a person (even a parent) or certain places
  • Unusual or unexpected response from the child when asked if she was touched by someone
  • Drawings that show sexual acts
  • Abrupt changes in behavior, such as bed-wetting or loss of bowel control
http://www.drsvyas.com/child_sexual_abuse.html

Did anyone hear that they were having sewage problems? Thought I heard that on Nancy Grace.

Also wonder how long they have had the problem and whether or not the city has been out to see what the problem is. If it is recent, makes me really worry.

the one link said the feces was SMEARED on the railing and floor of the porch... SMEARING indicates deliberate action. (thought: child soils the blanket... angry adult takes blanket outside and smears/wipes it on the railing/floor.. leaves it there.. goes back into trailer where something horrible happens. just a thought

however, I am not sure what would cause a five year old to lose bowel control.. it is not, however, uncommon in sexual abuse (just thinking again):
http://www.drsvyas.com/child_sexual_abuse.html

Aaaand now I feel sick.

Shaniya..PLEASE come home safe.

Alright, I'll say it. I know I'm not the only one thinking it.
Sexual assault could have killed her. She is only 5. There is a man in that house.
Sexual assault on a 5 year old by a grown adult male would also explain how the feces got on the blanket.

Our poor babies...:cry:

Aaaand now I feel sick.

Shaniya..PLEASE come home safe.

Oh Lord, I had not thought of that, but I'm there with you. Not a good feeling in the stomach.

Does anybody know if there are pets in the home? Could explain some of the feces. Maybe the surveillance cameras could answer how in the world it got there in the first place? Is this a front porch or a back porch where maybe the cameras can't see behind the house?

And secondly, if the residents knew there was a surveillance system in the park, why in the world would you carry a body out of that house?

(bbm) And I hate to think of her running out, into what would have still been dark for help in an area like that I pray that sound was not her banging for help and no one answered :( W that many SO's around Lord knows how far she would have gotten. But that's not really my sense.

LE said something went wrong during the night. The fact there was also some smearing on rail of the porch has me wondering hard about what caused that.:confused:

:parrot:

This is what I thought I remembered. Either she walked out on her own-- a five year old clutching a blanket around her would use the rail down the steps, or she was struggling to remain if she were being carried.

A toileting "accident" could get extra messy if a five year old tried to cope on their own. Compounding the problem, if you will.

I really wonder if she walked out to "hide" her blanket and met with someone nefarious. Hmmm.

Oh Lord, I had not thought of that, but I'm there with you. Not a good feeling in the stomach.

Does anybody know if there are pets in the home? Could explain some of the feces. Maybe the surveillance cameras could answer how in the world it got there in the first place? Is this a front porch or a back porch where maybe the cameras can't see behind the house?

And secondly, if the residents knew there was a surveillance system in the park, why in the world would you carry a body out of that house?
The pet question is a good one, but jeez, they'd have to put it in the refrigerator, they didnt have much room for people..

Catching up on threads...and came across this one. Breaks me heart that there is another one.

Sadly, I too think someone in that house did this or knows what happened because of the lack of someone in the family pleading for the return of this child.

One thing I did notice though is the neighbor's trash can looks like a cart where you have to pay for the monthly service. Meaning that these are not city provided cans or dumpsters in the area. Other posters have said that this is a depressed area and maybe not alot of them can afford the service so they frequently "borrow" other paying customers trash cans. I have not seen any trash cart in any of the aerial photos around Shaniya's house. The fact that it was possibly done around 3:00 a.m. and the neighbor stated that they had not used it in the past would send up some red flags maybe?
lso, I haven't seen it anywhere if they said there was other trash in the can or was it just the blanket? Unless these people are low-watt bulbs, if I wanted to hide a piece of evidence I would at least try to hide it in a bag of household trash. Forgive me if I have that wrong, but for some reason I have it in my head that the blanket was the lone occupant of that trash can. Anybody know if that is true?

Neighbor said that trash was dumped on Monday...therefore, I guess that's why the blanket was the only thing in the trash can on Tuesday morning.

I don't know how it is in that area, but down here our water/sewage and trash collection are the same company/bill. If your bill isn't paid for awhile they will come and take your can away, as well as disconnecting water and sewage.

Another thought, about the blanket, even if I don't really think it is what happened...if she soiled her blanket during the night and no washer to toss it in, maybe it was just put outside over the rail with the thought of less stinky in house until the morning when it could be taken and cleaned somewhere.

I don't know how it is in that area, but down here our water/sewage and trash collection are the same company/bill. If your bill isn't paid for awhile they will come and take your can away, as well as disconnecting water and sewage.

Another thought, about the blanket, even if I don't really think it is what happened...if she soiled her blanket during the night and no washer to toss it in, maybe it was just put outside over the rail with the thought of less stinky in house until the morning when it could be taken and cleaned somewhere.

I thought the blanket was found in the neighbor's trash can....not over the porch rail?

I thought the blanket was found in the neighbor's trash can....not over the porch rail?

It was. I wasreferring to the feces on the blanket and smeared on the porch rail also. IT may have possible blown off the rail, if it was windy, into the street. Someone going by could have picked it up and put it in the can.
Just throwing out ideas for thought, since right now all we can do is speculate while we wait with baited breath for her to be found.

Trash services vary so widely, it's just when I saw the cart, it looked like one that I use. I live in a rural area (far away from the southeast) and my trash it completely seperate from all other utilities. You have to specifically contract with one of the collection services.

I can see that happening with the blanket. Maybe it was soiled at some other time and then decided it was too far gone to wash and salvage and was tossed in the trash and the nearest one was the neighbor's. Question is, when exactly was it tossed? If it was done at 3 a.m. then I would think maybe there is more to the story than that.

So maybe the family didn't pay their own water bill, so they had no trashcan of their own? The "sewer" problem maybe originates from the family having no running water in their home? IDK, just guessing...Where I live water/sewage is paid as part of my monthly rent so I get water usage and access to a dumpster but no actual trash can of my own...

Didn't know if these had been brought over or not...The videos of NG that Patty so kindly put up for us:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4420208&postcount=618"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09[/ame]

So maybe the family didn't pay their own water bill, so they had no trashcan of their own? The "sewer" problem maybe originates from the family having no running water in their home? IDK, just guessing...Where I live water/sewage is paid as part of my monthly rent so I get water usage and access to a dumpster but no actual trash can of my own...

yep, that was what I was thinking, when reading about sewage problems and no can visible at their trailer. Possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member