MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #4 - *D. Lane guilty*

The sun shone brightly as the clock chimed 4:00 when I sent the balloons heavenward: Justice For Bianca. We've had mourning doves nesting nearby for several years, and they sang their :( tune as the balloons soared upward: I believe that they lament the loss of so many children to horrific crimes :cry:

Thank you for that sweet gesture you did for Bianca. From now on, I will associate balloons and birds with Bianca. I bet she would giggle with glee.

Justice for Bianca is gaining momentum. Big daddy is probably just now realizing that lots of people didn't believe his carjack story.

It is going to be a gorgeous weekend in and around Detroit. Sadly, Bianca isn't here to enjoy the warmth and sunshine. I'm going to send balloons heavenward on Sunday afternoon to honor this beautiful child who is gone too soon. Bianca was wearing pink and purple, so I'll get balloons in those colors along with white for her name that means "fair or white".

:balloons:

My thoughts and prayers are withering WS Banika who I hope will begin to come to terms with this tragedy. I also hope and pray that D'Andre will tell LE where he hid Bianca so that the little girl can be given a proper burial and her family can begin to heal.

Thank you Bette Davis Eyes!
I am back from a weekend retreat , but I appreciate you representing WS in sending balloons for our Sweet Bianca today!

I don't think DL will reveal where he disposed of Bianca. That will be admitting that he harmed her, severely harmed her. His egomania is going to get in the way. He is going to claim that he didn't harm his child, she was all he's got.....well, sure he's got six others and he loves them all, even when he's disciplining them ~ oh yeah, he disciplines them with love. He is a loving father who has had some difficulties, like it ain't easy raisin' seven children to be respectful to their parents. On second thought, I bet there will be no more revealing interviews. I bet his attorney has warned him to just keep his big mouth shut and say nothing. To just say "I got nothing to say" and "speak to my attorney" if you have any questions. "Oh *****...there is one thing I gotta say. I could use some donations to get me a fund going, ya know, like that Florida chick did. Man oh man, she got some good money coming in for her snack food and necessaries. So ya know I preciate stuff like that."

IMHO

He might add that he wants a puter like she has so he can practice his BS...ahem...his speaking...skills!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/03...here-was-no-child-abuse-against-bianca-jones/

He's arguing semantics but whether DL hit her, beat her, paddled her, spanked her or disciplined her to death makes no nevermind to me.

If there's been no CPS report it just means that no one reported anything, it doesn't mean there was no abuse.

Yes...the abuse happened only when Bianca was with DL...and even DL isn't...let us say...mentally impaired...enough to call CPS on HIMSELF!

I hope that everyone is enjoying the lovely day and that it is as gorgeous in your neck of the woods as it is in the "D". Folks are out and about in shorts & tees - practically unheard of in these parts in mid-March :)

DH and I ran some errands that concluded with a stop at the Hallmark store for balloons. It's mostly cloudy at the moment, so I will wait to send the balloons up until the sun is out again. The ladies at the Hallmark store promised to say a prayer for justice for Bianca, and the young cashier said that she thinks "too many people are getting away with (disappearing, murdering) their children" and that "it needs to stop".

:balloons: Beautiful child, you are loved by many who hope and pray that there will be Justice for Bianca :praying:

Thanks, BDE!
BY the way...WE had hailstorms and snow on Saddleback (low close mountain) today! I loved it because this is as close to snow as we get where I live in So CAL!
How ironic it is so unseasonably warm for you all! I am so glad you are enjoying it because we have been having lots of warm, shorts weather, and it is truly YOUR turn! :rocker:

The sun shone brightly as the clock chimed 4:00 when I sent the balloons heavenward: Justice For Bianca. We've had mourning doves nesting nearby for several years, and they sang their :( tune as the balloons soared upward: I believe that they lament the loss of so many children to horrific crimes :cry:

How poetic that the mourning doves sang their laments!

I think we will have to wait to see what TJ suggests after he sees the boxes and boxes of evidence against DL.

I think DL's many media interviews, what he said and what he refused to answer will be the icing on the cake for the prosecution.

DL's own actions and words will corroborate the case the prosecution has built. I see no possible way they couldn't.

If TJ's a smart man, I suspect he'll advise his client the evidence against him is strong and recommend he negotiate a deal in exchange for providing the location he dumped Bianca.

Of course it is up to DL to take his attorney's advise and recomendations or not.

I think we will have to wait to see what TJ suggests after he sees the boxes and boxes of evidence against DL.

I think DL's many media interviews, what he said and what he refused to answer will be the icing on the cake for the prosecution.

DL's own actions and words will corroborate the case the prosecution has built. I see no possible way they couldn't.

If TJ's a smart man, I suspect he'll advise his client the evidence against him is strong and recommend he negotiate a deal in exchange for providing the location he dumped Bianca.

Of course it is up to DL to take his attorney's advise and recomendations or not.

I wish we could give TJ a polygraph test to see if he REALLY believes DL's excuses!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I wish Defense Attorneys would only accept cases where they KNOW that their defendants have even a semblance of truth to their cases!

I wish we could give TJ a polygraph test to see if he REALLY believes DL's excuses!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I wish Defense Attorneys would only accept cases where they KNOW that their defendants have even a semblance of truth to their cases!

I really dislike TJ, couldn't stand him from interview number one. He irks me every time I see him talk, kinda like DL

I don't think it really matters what TJ believes about DL's story in all honesty. His job, imo, is to ensure DL receives a fair trial, regardless of whether he buys DL's story or not.

I can only imagine defense attorney's choose to defend clients, not because they believe or disbelieve their clients claims, but because they have a strong desire to ensure defendents receive fair trials.

The prosecution will have to be extra careful because I am certain TJ will be looking for mistakes made by LE or the prosecution with a fine tooth comb.

He might add that he wants a puter like she has so he can practice his BS...ahem...his speaking...skills!

I was thinking that DL would be asking for donations toward the $3M that he needs to get out of jail :angel:

--the trial of shakira dickens began today (finally).

--also a case of a parent charged w/ 1st degree murder, a crazy story of giving the baby to a stranger ( b/c the father told her to---problem: he was in jail and they hadn't spoken in weeks ) --- cadaver dog hit in the apt, the body has never been found, and they'll also deal w/ a witness, grandma, who believes that baby lauryn is still alive.

--her lawyers say that w/out a body, prosecutors don't have a case.

--it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Deceased/Not Found TN - Lauryn Dickens, 9 months, Memphis, 7 Sept 2010 - Shakara Dickens chgd w/ murder - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Deceased/Not Found TN - Lauryn Dickens, 9 months, Memphis, 7 Sept 2010 - Shakara Dickens chgd w/ murder

--the trial of shakira dickens began today (finally).

--also a case of a parent charged w/ 1st degree murder, a crazy story of giving the baby to a stranger ( b/c the father told her to---problem: he was in jail and they hadn't spoken in weeks ) --- cadaver dog hit in the apt, the body has never been found, and they'll also deal w/ a witness, grandma, who believes that baby lauryn is still alive.

--her lawyers say that w/out a body, prosecutors don't have a case.

--it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Respectfully snipped. I think the same thing will happen if and when charges are ever filed in the Lisa Irwin case. I believe that one or both of the parents are responsible for her "disappearance" (I think the baby is deceased) and that the little body was thrown into a nearby body of water and will never be found. :moo:

Pretty good list:

http://www.charleyproject.org/corpus/index.html

It is a common misconception that you cannot prove murder without a body. This error is the result of a misinterpretion of the legal term corpus delicti. Many people think this term means the body of a murdered person, when in fact, it means the body of evidence that proves a crime occured.

The lists at the link above are just Charley project cases. There are more than that I'm sure. Just sharing. I stumbed across that list a long time ago while doing some work in the archives. :)

Wow. Thanks for the link, Kat. I just randomly chose a few names to read about the missing people. What is amazing is the short length of time some of their murderers actually served behind bars.

FYI: About an hour ago, Detroit News reports a body has been recovered from the Detroit River. There is no information on whether it's an adult or a child yet.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120320/METRO01/203200440/1361/Body-recovered-from-Detroit-River

Editing to add: Apparently the location is south of the Ambassador Bridge where the old Bob-Lo dock was.

Thanks, michmi. So many possibilities on who it could be. :( Does the unseasonably warm weather have anything to do with bodies coming to the surface, I wonder?

Looks like it will most likely be the painter from the bridge.

"It was not possible to determine whether the body is that of a male or female, Westmiller said, because it was “fairly decomposed.” He did confirm that the body was that of an adult."

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2012/0...ver-on-u-s-side-detroit-police-investigating/

"This is the same area where the Coast Guard was searching two months ago for a painter that fell off the Ambassador Bridge."

"The fisherman are hanging on to the body with a rope it appears’”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/03/20/body-found-by-fisherman-in-the-detroit-river/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back