GUILTY KS - Aron Pritchard for child abuse, Hutchinson, 2006

cappuccina said:
...old fashioned wringer washer myself....
Wringing especially slow over the reproductive organs so we can insure this *$&#@(@ doesn't have children of his own!:D

I hope the biological father wins in his bid for sole custody.

SewingDeb said:
:clap: 100% Completely Agree.

Poor grandfather. He said he couldn't understand why no one helped sooner and that they had been questioned a couple of times.

Thank goodness they got them out of the house before anything worse happened to them. Without a doubt I believe that schmuck would've ended up "accidentally" (yeah right) killing one of them.

Now I pray we don't hear that he did anything else to those kids. I immediately wondered if he was touching the girl. Someone who can stuff 2 kids in a dryer is capable of anything.

On a good note. These kids will be safe and happy and can finally enjoy xmas. And hopefully they will sleep quietly. I grew up in an extremely abusive house and the one thing I loved when I moved out on my own (at 15) was I could finally sleep without worrying. Old saying..."I used to sleep with one eye open."

Is the mother being charged also? That poor baby went way to long without medical attention. That baby will have scars for the rest of his life because of their abuse and all the perps will get will probably be a slap on the wrist :(

VB

Nocgirl said:
He appears to be a boyfriend too. That figures.

Giving this cruel punishment for something so petty as a 3 year old wetting their pants, it inhumane. Boys potty train later than girls and its not abnormal for a 3-3 1/2 yr old boy to still be in diapers or pull ups.

I cannot believe they let him out on bail?

Mom should be charged too, there probably is a history with this guy. If I was dad, I would be filing for custody.

Not only is he out on bail but it was a measley $75.00, 10% of the $750 bond set by the Judge. Nancy Grace covered this story the other night. There's something very wrong with that Judge's value system.

November 28, 2006. The young girl was not injured. The young boy sustained second degree burns that were not treated by a physician until he was taken into police protective custody on December 6, 2006. The boy was allegedly being punished for urinating in his pants. Both children are currently in State custody. Pritchard is not related to the children.

An appearance bond was set in the amount of $750.00 with surety by a Judge of the District Court.

I heard about the $750.00 on Nancy Grace. How ridiculous is that? WTF was this judge thinking?

Were the kids removed from the home for sure? How about a restraining order on the boyfriend to the kids?

If I was the father of these kids, I would be whooping this guys butt.

$750??? Unfreakingreal.

This is so sad :( those poor kids. The mother certainly has her priorities screwed up if this is a case of continuing abuse.

Both of them need to be taken to the drycleaners...at least they use chemicals.

What a freaking idiot! And I don't believe his story at all. How could he have not known this could hurt the kids? I'd like to see him cram his idotic a$$ in one and spin around and around and let it get hot and burn him.
There was also a twice broken clavicle, and old injury found which could indicate abuse.

HUTCHINSON, Kan. — A Hutchinson man is on trial this week on charges he put his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son in a hot clothes dryer.
In a videotaped interview with detectives shown in court Wednesday, Aron Pritchard said he put the children in the dryer to show them they could have a good time without much money. An hour later, the dryer had become hot and the boy had second-degree burns.
Pritchard told the detective that he didn't mean for the boy to get hurt.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335471,00.html

Crazy!

If it was only for a "good time" why have the heat on?! What fool thinks its OK to put children in the dryer?
Stupid and dangerous.

What a freaking idiot! And I don't believe his story at all. How could he have not known this could hurt the kids? I'd like to see him cram his idotic a$$ in one and spin around and around and let it get hot and burn him.
There was also a twice broken clavicle, and old injury found which could indicate abuse.

HUTCHINSON, Kan. — A Hutchinson man is on trial this week on charges he put his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son in a hot clothes dryer.
In a videotaped interview with detectives shown in court Wednesday, Aron Pritchard said he put the children in the dryer to show them they could have a good time without much money. An hour later, the dryer had become hot and the boy had second-degree burns.
Pritchard told the detective that he didn't mean for the boy to get hurt.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335471,00.html

Why is the title of the article calling him "dad"?
The article says its his girlfriends children .. nothing about him being the father.
Sounds like another case of some single women leaving her kids with a BF and him abusing them!

I believe this man to be incredibly stupid. An hour is a long time too. If he really truly wanted to hurt the kids he could do it in many other ways.

I'm not clear, though--did he turn the dryer on? Or did he spin them by hand, with the door open?

I'm not clear, though--did he turn the dryer on? Or did he spin them by hand, with the door open?

I'm pretty sure he closed it and turned it on for them to receive 2nd degree burns. The jerk probably walked away and got a drink.

I know! They should have kept him in a dryer the whole time.

Associated Press

April 13, 2008

Hutchinson — A Hutchinson man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for putting his girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son in a hot clothes dryer as punishment.

Reno County District Judge Richard Rome called it "one of the heinous crimes I've seen committed" before giving Aron Pritchard the maximum possible sentence Friday.

The boy suffered second-degree burns on his back and buttocks during the Nov. 28, 2006, incident.

snip

A jury convicted Pritchard on March 7 of one count each of child abuse and aggravated child endangerment. The 124-month sentence was the maximum, including 55 months for child abuse to run consecutively with seven months for endangerment and then doubled.

snip

Pritchard fled after being found guilty and was found a couple days later at a Stafford County hospital. He had shaved his head and his eyebrows.

More at link.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/a...ced_10_years_putting_two_chil/?more_like_this

snip

Prosecutors allege Pritchard, 27, put the children in the hot dryer last year to punish them for wetting their pants. The 3-year-old boy was treated for second-degree burns, but the 2-year-old girl was not injured.

Pritchard maintains he was giving the children rides in the dryer and said he put pillows inside the machine to cushion the children.

The charges against Pritchard include child abuse, endangering a child, aggravated criminal sodomy, rape and aggravated indecent liberties with a child, and could carry multiple life sentences.

BBM. More at link.
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2007/aug/11/motions_denied_child_abuse_case/

He got 10 lousy years.

I have heard of so many cases (too many) where the mother has custody and the father is fighting just to visit the children. The "mothers" keep them from the father to hide abuses or neglect caused by the new relationships or men in their lives.

Best intrest of the children! Not best intrests of the mom. We all know that not all parents are ready, willing or able to be parents. The court has to rethink how they make these decisions! I get so frustrated.

I hope the children are now loved and protected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back