NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the child is missing part of one leg, they could sure ask who her regular physician is who monitors the prosthetic and oversees adjustments for growth. And if the parents hem and haw and don't have an answer, schedule the child for a visit with a physician. And if the parents give a name and contact info, contact that physician to verify. No indication that this happened.

Pink, with all due respect, lots of children in this area don't regularly see a doctor for ongoing care. If a social worker came in and asked about a doctor, they would get laughed at. It's unfortunate, but it's reality. I can tell you I grew up in Caldwell County and I didn't see a dentist until I was 22 years old. My parents used to tell me I better not get hurt because if they took me to the ER, I would get turned away for not having insurance (obviously not true, but you get the idea). We had to have our immunizations done at school because otherwise, there was no way to make parents take their kids to get immunized. The only time I saw a doctor between the ages of 10 and 17 was when I stepped on a rusty nail. My dad is buddies with the doctor so he gets discounts, so he made me wait until the next day when our PCP was open. And I'm certainly not the only one.

question...
We have all seen cases where a BF or Step=father abuses and kills a child and the mother works out a deal for a much lessor sentence.
But if the roles are reversed as they are here, the male never gets a lessor sentence

is that equal justice?

(this has always bothered me, this case just gives me the opportunity to explore it)

When the child is missing part of one leg, they could sure ask who her regular physician is who monitors the prosthetic and oversees adjustments for growth. And if the parents hem and haw and don't have an answer, schedule the child for a visit with a physician. And if the parents give a name and contact info, contact that physician to verify. No indication that this happened.

Not to mention following up to make sure the child was registered for and attending school or that her "home schooling" situation was being done in a proper fashion.

MOO

So do we know what drugs she was dealing?

Also Patty your question from earlier regarding centerlink payments to Adam, he wouldn't be eligible out of the country for anything except for parental support payments from the mother, but I am assuming she had severed parental rights early on (or is somehow incapacitated, perhaps she has a drug problem herself?) which is why Zahra was living with the grandmother and was able to leave the country with her father, so that may have been a non issue.

I would like to know about Zahra's medical treatment in the US, you've got a user pays system yes, and I assume insurance companies wouldn't be too keen on covering a child with her history, so who paid for it, how? etc.

I haven't heard it stated as fact but in the article below, it was said that BB is addicted to prescription painkillers. She said she got drugs from AB. Therefore, my conclusion would be that AB dealt painkillers. But I dont know that for a fact.

Link to article: http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13324177

No indication it didn't happen either.

There is a lot of assumptions going on when we don't have a clue what the actual facts are yet.

For example for the last 3 days people have just assumed Zahra had never lived in the new house- yet today we find out she had lived there.

It's interesting that all activity stopped on Elesa's facebook page on July 27. Around about the time that Elesa and Adam confronted BB and threatened her. Either that or Elesa deleted everything after that date.

question...
We have all seen cases where a BF or Step=father abuses and kills a child and the mother works out a deal for a much lessor sentence.
But if the roles are reversed as they are here, the male never gets a lessor sentence

is that equal justice?

(this has always bothered me, this case just gives me the opportunity to explore it)

We don't know if the roles are reversed yet. Police won't clear him, that tells me they think he may be involved. And for all we know, she might be covering for him. It's just way to early to make that call.

That may just make him irresponsible not brainwashed. I don't think he could be brainwashed before he came to the states maybe he was infatuated with this woman and came here for himself not caring about poor Zahra.

I dont think he was thinking with his brain at all.. His job as Zahra's father is to protect her. Not fall in "love"... I am sooo sick of parents that think they deserve to "have a life" and put their kids in danger just so they dont sleep alone. :sick::banghead:

Not to mention following up to make sure the child was registered for and attending school or that her "home schooling" situation was being done in a proper fashion.

MOO

Not picking your post apart but how is that done?

They moved from one county to another IIRC.

Was Zahra even withdrawn from the school she last attended?

School would have just shortly started, so in my experience given that I have to move so often the process is to first withdraw the child from school then register at another school.

But IIRC, many parents either forget or don't worry with formally withdrawing their child from school. They just wait until they get to the next school, fill out the paperwork and have that school request the records from the previous school. JMHO. Would her previous school track down every child that was enrolled last year and not withdrawn but didn't start school this year? That would be a lot of work.

IIRC, it was first reported that Zahra was homeschooled this school year, but the state says they have no record of her being registered to be home schooled? How can the state follow up on a child that they have no record of as being home schooled.

Not picking, just trying to figure out how that works. :)

So do we know what drugs she was dealing?

Also Patty your question from earlier regarding centerlink payments to Adam, he wouldn't be eligible out of the country for anything except for parental support payments from the mother, but I am assuming she had severed parental rights early on (or is somehow incapacitated, perhaps she has a drug problem herself?) which is why Zahra was living with the grandmother and was able to leave the country with her father, so that may have been a non issue.

It was never mentioned on the radio show what drugs Brittany was taking, however it is in the news article that Brittany was taking prescription pills.

What if Centerlink was NOT aware that Adam left the country with Zahra and Adam maintained a checking account in Australia so the Centerlink payments could still being deposited? Adam could easliy use an ATM card in the states to access this money.

I can't see that, and I'm sure it's because I haven't posted enough, but geez, I can't even keep up with the threads, much less find time to add anything to them :banghead:

I'm sorry!!!!! Welcome to WS and by the way, don't forget to check you notifications at the top right hand corner of page for messages left on your profile that might answer any questions you have....:angel:

It was never mentioned on the radio show what drugs Brittany was taking.

What if Centerlink was NOT aware that Adam left the country with Zahra and Adam maintained a checking account in Australia so the Centerlink payments could still being deposited? Adam could easliy use an ATM card in the states to access this money.

BBM

Oops - I thought it was. I just started listening to it but haven't finished. It must have been mentioned in an article then. I'll have to try to find it so I can link it and change my previous post. I KNOW I either saw or heard that she was addicted to painkillers.

Adding link to article: http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13324177

We don't know if the roles are reversed yet. Police won't clear him, that tells me they think he may be involved. And for all we know, she might be covering for him. It's just way to early to make that call.

Well that is true we don't know for sure, other than all the abuse reports have been aimed at EB and she is the one sitting in jail.

Not picking but how does that work with the Hippa laws?

Once a report is filed on about possible child abuse, does the worker have the right to contact a Dr. and ask about any or all treatments the child is receiving? Does the worker have the right to review the medical records? Will a Dr. office even confirm if a patient is a patient of that physician?

Can a worker bypass a legal guardian and force that guardian to obtain medical care for a child? If it it not an emergent care case?

Can a worker schedule an appt on behalf of a child they are investigating?

I don't understand who that works. Just curious.

I'm sorry!!!!! Welcome to WS and by the way, don't forget to check you notifications at the top right hand corner of page for messages left on your profile that might answer any questions you have....:angel:

Ah, thank you teh :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members