Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think the parents of an innocent woman would want bloggers to tear apart all the details of all the evidence. Can there ever be enough people helping to pour over evidence with fresh eyes with an eye to getting justice for your murdered grandbaby???

Me think they doth protest waaaaay too much!

Also, does anyone know when the media will request something to get their say in regarding the documents? How long is this going to take?

Tomorrow, I am guessing. Also, legally, the request that the A's made is highly unusual and (IMO) suspect...hopefully, it will get shot down by the judge. Truth hurts. (not to you fellow poster...I mean if the A's are reading)

May 6, 700 pages were released to defense. Another 100 pages were released about 3 weeks after that.

May 5, 8:31 am Notice of provision of supplemental discovery filed
May 21, 100 more pages filed

ETA: specific dates

The sentinel and WFTV told me via email that those dumps were repeats and nothing new. This notice of discovery was just filed a couple days ago.

Point of Procedure question for our legal eagles? Judge S frequently singles out the Orlando Sentinel for legal response to motions. Why is this? Do they act as the de facto "point person" for all matters legal for the media? Or is it that they are just the most frequent party requesting discovery documents?

1000 pages of evidence is going to be released tomorrow ?

As for the A's wanting the autopsy results sealed...if I thought for one minute that this was about dignity for Caylee, I would say yes, without hesitation. It's not about dignity for Caylee, it's about Casey and the Anthony's. I guess the cross down at Suburban was about Caylee's dignity too ?

OT but I still can't find the results of the 700 pages released almost a month ago. I never saw anything. Anyone?

OK wow....perhaps I have lost my perspective, but I think they have a good case for having the results sealed.

Maybe I have just had enough with this case...TMI I guess. But nothing about this child's earthly remains has been given any respect...what will it hurt to give what's left a little dignity??
Gosh no kidding Believe.

The sentinel and WFTV told me via email that those dumps were repeats and nothing new. This notice of discovery was just filed a couple days ago.

Really? Wow, so this is new? 1000 pages of new discovery? I wondered why they never showed us the 700 pages.

I voted that the Anthony's should have no say in the release of the autopsy report. I feel as if the Anthony's have done nothing for Caylee and have done everything to help Casey.

If I remember correctly, poor Caylee's remains sat in a box in the funeral home for more than a month after her remains were released to the Anthony's. No they should have no say in this.

Really? Wow, so this is new? 1000 pages of new discovery? I wondered why they never showed us the 700 pages.

The sentinel said it wasn't worth their time or web space. It was just duplicates of what they already released.

My point is, the state is the accuser. They should be required to give the accused what they have without charge. Why should the defense be required to pay for what the state is required to present at trial? Why should they have to put out that kind of money before they can even prepare the defense? Then there is the issue of duplicating many pages, so they are charged twice for nothing. The fee is clearly much higher than true copy costs too.

It reminds me of a Freedom of information request I made in my state. I was charge nearly $100 for less than a dozen pages. Their excuse? There was no one available other than a doctor to pull the info out of the computer and click print. Yeah, right!

I admit that I have not finished this thread, so please forgive if this has been mentioned:

I don't know what the laws are in Florida regarding this, but here in Virginia an INDIGENT defendant can obtain one copy of their discovery and one copy of their trial transcripts for appeals after they are convicted for free, on the dime of the tax payers. However, no matter how long it has been since KC had a job, she would be hard pressed to claim indigent status with that fat bank account, money from the sale of her daughters photos/videos and the dream team she has lined up. If she were found not guilty, she could sell ice cubes to Eskimos and sue the state for everything she had to pay. I don't fell bad for her. She has more money for junk than I do and I work 2 full time jobs.

Just wondering here if it's possible JB asked BC to file the motion, thinking he might have a better chance of getting the autopsy report sealed?

I'm also thinking that it's possible that, should BC fail, JB just might run down to the courthouse to file one of his own?

If Casey is innocent, as George and Cindy emphatically say, then why would they protest the release of autopsy evidence? That evidence may provide some facts that would help clear her.

On the other hand, if Casey is guilty of murdering Caylee, there may be evidence in the autopsy results the confirms her guilt.

Something motivated the SA to put the death penalty back on the table.

It seems to me that ANYTHING that even points to the truth,in what happened to Caylee is objected to by either the A's or JB.This release of info is all part of "discovery" and as such,should not even be a consideration for objection.It seems that the "anguish",would be the murder of Caylee,and just perhaps with the release of how she died might set off some light bulbs to someone to come forward with some honest information.To keep this info is a serious injustice to Caylee!!!

While I agree, ForDaniel, I also feel that CA has always been obsessed with the idea that anything to do with Caylee is nobody else's business but her own. I think this is a major driving force behind this motion.

The ME describes the autopsy (as we know) in his/her report. Dr. G will comment about every step of her autopsy on Caylee. She will, IMO, describe the tape and what appeared to be on it. Could it be as someone else has stated, there was evidence of a biological nature? Dried traces of vomit and dried skin? Too graphic, sorry. Will she state that there appears to be fingerprints on the tape?

IDK, but whatever is in that report is extremely damaging or the Anthony's would not have objected to the release of it. I am just going to straight out admit that I do want to see it. I want to know.

The exposed side edges of the duct tape will contain numerous Anthony dog hairs and other fibers linking the tape directly to their home is my guess.

Call me cynical, call me unsympathetic, but CRIPES! Isn't there anything the Anthonys don't try to control? I mean, for crying out loud they don't have any trouble with "anguish" when they go on their various talk show tours and vomit forth about what a "wonderful mother" their precious daughter is. Don't they realize that this motion only makes things look even worse for them and their "wonderful mother?" I don't believe for 2 seconds that they don't know what's in that report. Caylee's saliva on the duct tape (my heart breaks writing this) and the Mother of the Year's fingerprints along with it. DP back on the table.

Sorry, folks. Just venting...:banghead:

IDK, but whatever is in that report is extremely damaging or the Anthony's would not have objected to the release of it. I am just going to straight out admit that I do want to see it. I want to know.

I agree that I think the details are going to be very, very telling. I, however, am very conflicted as to whether or not I want to actually read this report!

My curiosity, and satisfaction in knowing that there is even MORE DAMNING evidence, drives me to be impatient enough to want to see it NOW....

But on the other hand, not sure my heart and the images that will surely be conjured up in my mind can take the grief of knowing minute details of what happened to Caylee....:sick:

WTG Reagan!

In a motion filed by their attorney, George and Cindy Anthony argue that "the information contained within in the report will cause great anguish to the Anthony family."

If the family has "anguish" over viewing what is goin on with this case then the family should turn off their TV and stay off the internet. Just hit the "control button", CA---go heady---hit it. CA has always hit the wrong "control button".

Well, certain Asian philosophies opine that the ultimate control is control of SELF. I guess CA isn't into philosophy. :(

Originally Posted by AquarianEssence
The case financial show nothing but copies so any filing fees for their motions must go into a different place. I don't see enough repeats for this to be where each media outlet pays. But I've sent an email to WFTV asking about this.

Let's see, roughly 6000 pages so far? That would be about .33 per page, if they actually get it in paper form. Considering how easy it is to burn a cd I think it is highway robbery if they are charging the defence this amount. Now I heard back from both the Sentinel and WFTV that the last doc dumps were nothing but repeats, not worth their time or web space. That's a lot of waste, IMO.

imagine how much less waste there would be if she just told the truth.

And that is really how simple it is Coco Puff. So very simple.

:couch:I voted other, reason being that I think about how Caylee would feel. I could care less how the Anthony's feel. The results will come out at trial anyway. I for one like to see the new discovery, but feel there should be limits. Caylee was an infant and I feel anything that has to do with her autopsy should be private, not because the Anthony's want it that..for Caylee. Now, if it is released I will read it because I to want to know how this little angel died just to know the facts. :truce:

While I agree and understand in some ways, on the other hand, I have always believed that a murdered victim counts on the ME to be their voice. They count on their injuries and evidence to be clear enough to the MEs that they are able to tell their stories once they are gone. Those stories come out in the form of testimony and the autopsy report. I would think that anyone who was murdered would want their story told so that justice can be served. I believe that Caylee deserves and would want justice (I may be wrong on that one, but...) and that she would want her story out so that she could receive the justice her family doesn't seem to think she deserves and so that others can learn from what happened to her so that it may be prevented and save other children like her.

ITA, except I disagree about releasing photos. I see nothing to be gained by it and I don't think I'd want my own autopsy pics released, kwim? Out of respect to Caylee, (because I can muster none for her grandparents or mother), I don't think photos should be released and agree with the court's prior ruling on this.

IF I had reason to believe that JAB would defy the court's order, even after suspicion has already been placed on him preemptively, and try to sell the pics, then and only then would I agree with releasing photos so as to cancel his sale.

I know! I know! I know! And it was wrong of me to say it but I am so spit-fire angry and tired of these people, I should have just stepped away. It would be one thing if it would be something that would shock this family into reality and cause them to feel the shame and embarrassment and guilt (and yes, I do mean guilt) that they should have felt long before now and cause them to step up and try to seek justice for Caylee. However, releasing video of KC caught in the act would not get them there and I just will never comprehend this. At least KC has the sociopath excuse. How can no one in this family who claims to have loved her so much be the least bit concerned with anything but protecting their grandchild's murderer!?!?!?!? Daughter or not, that is what it boils down to and instead of hitting the airwaves they should have been seeking real justice for that baby. Anyway, it was insensitive and said in anger and not fully thought out and I apologize and will be good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert