17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two facets to this. First, they had apparently identified him already the next morning, rendering the expediency fairly moot at that point.

Second, how were they supposed to know who he last called if the phone was locked? They would have only been able to call 911, which it looks like they did. Why it took a few days, I'm not sure.

--'they' did not identify trayvon the next morning, when his dad called to report him missing, LE showed up with a pic of trayvon dead on the grass-----is this him? -----mr. martin ID'd him for them.

--also, i personally find it pathetic that LE would have the body of a dead 'kid' lying in their morgue, and wouldn't do all they could that night to figure out who he was, they had to know somebody out there was missing a 'kid'??

And there were what, 8 burglary reports in the last few months? JMO

FT was reporting is house as a breakin and there was no evidence his home was broken into as. police round nothing. GZ reporting someone suspicious around FT's house. So reporting a possible break in is not the same as an actual breakin where LE makes a report of items stolen. Were most of these breakins on the side where GZ lived???? That could be why Ms. Green never heard of them. jmo

Officials to vote on Sanford chief's resignation
By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
23 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Sanford city commission will vote to approve the resignation of the police chief harshly criticized for his handling of the Trayvon Martin case.

The commissioners said in a news release Monday that they would vote at a meeting later in the day to approve the resignation of Bill Lee.

Police did not initially charge 28-year-old George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who claimed he shot the 17-year-old Martin in self-defense.

Florida law gives people broad leeway to use lethal force if they believe their lives are in grave danger. The Feb. 26 shooting sparked protests nationwide, as well as debates about the laws and race. Martin was black; Zimmerman is the son of a white father and Hispanic mother...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120421/US.Neighborhood.Watch/

They have to approve his resignation? :confused:

Maybe she was minding her business...what a concept.

8 burglaries in 15 months...again I say, that's not a lot of crime. There are probably more than 8 burglaries A DAY where I live...

There is a range of crime by geographical location, certainly, but 8 burglaries in 15 months in my neighborhood would have people moving out. If we're literally talking about someone entering a home - as opposed to stealing an item outside the home - 8 burglaries is a lot.

IMHO.

Interesting how the fiancee said she didn't know of one crime in the four years she had been living there, while others saw crime constantly.

my next door neighbors didn't know the lady across the street died two weeks ago and they were home when the ambulance, police, and fire cheif were parked at the house.

some people don't know what goes on around them in their neighborhoods, it doesn't make them bad or imply that they are in any way to blame for anything.

--'they' did not identify trayvon the next morning, when his dad called to report him missing, LE showed up with a pic of trayvon dead on the grass-----is this him? -----mr. martin ID'd him for them.

--also, i personally find it pathetic that LE would have the body of a dead 'kid' lying in their morgue, and wouldn't do all they could that night to figure out who he was, they had to know somebody out there was missing a 'kid'??

I thought it was noted that they did id him - (I'm confused)???? I'll have to go back and look.

And he wasn't missing to his family until the next am correct, or is that wrong as well?

Officials to vote on Sanford chief's resignation
By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
23 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Sanford city commission will vote to approve the resignation of the police chief harshly criticized for his handling of the Trayvon Martin case.

The commissioners said in a news release Monday that they would vote at a meeting later in the day to approve the resignation of Bill Lee.

Police did not initially charge 28-year-old George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who claimed he shot the 17-year-old Martin in self-defense.

Florida law gives people broad leeway to use lethal force if they believe their lives are in grave danger. The Feb. 26 shooting sparked protests nationwide, as well as debates about the laws and race. Martin was black; Zimmerman is the son of a white father and Hispanic mother...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120421/US.Neighborhood.Watch/

Sanford police chief criticized for Trayvon Martin investigation resigns
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...hooting-controversy-sanford-police-department

And there were what, 8 burglary reports in the last few months? JMO

In the last 12 months.. not few months.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin"]Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Police had been called to The Retreat at Twin Lakes 402 times from January 1, 2011, to February 26, 2012.[46] Zimmerman was the caller on 12 of those calls in that time frame. Crimes committed at The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts and one shooting.[46] The City of Sanford posted a "George Zimmerman 911 Call History" listing 46 event reports naming George Zimmerman as the caller between 2004 and the night of the shooting.[53][54][55] [Note 1]

I thought it was noted that they did id him - (I'm confused)???? I'll have to go back and look.

And he wasn't missing to his family until the next am correct, or is that wrong as well?

The id only came when his dad started calling the police in the morning reporting TM missing, SPD went to his house, asked for a photo of TM, circa 8am.

What was the shooting all about?

8 burglaries in 15 months...again I say, that's not a lot of crime. There are probably more than 8 burglaries A DAY where I live...

You live in a bad neighborhood then. I'd say it's average to above average for that area.

The SPD has a very long and deep history of corruption and racial discrimination. The small town 'good ole boy network'. (Google is your friend.)

There's every reason to suspect they could be lying in this particular case. Trayvon Martin was a black teenager. GZ's father was a Magistrate Judge.

"Good Ole Boy" system needs to be exposed for the evil it is and immediately eradicated..JMHO

And kids playing in the street....all sorts of crime!!!

At least they weren't at the Lake throwing rocks and poking an alligator with a stick all while their mother watched! I witnessed this in my neighborhood and I didn't even call the cops. I did yell at the mom and called the front office though. That's probably the only time I have said more than two words to anyone in my neighborhood.

MOO

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Police had been called to The Retreat at Twin Lakes 402 times from January 1, 2011, to February 26, 2012.[46] Zimmerman was the caller on 12 of those calls in that time frame. Crimes committed at The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts and one shooting.[46] The City of Sanford posted a "George Zimmerman 911 Call History" listing 46 event reports naming George Zimmerman as the caller between 2004 and the night of the shooting.[53][54][55] [Note 1]
I thought the 8 number came from the burglary reports listed on the SPD website (that were only from the last few months). I couldn't go back and check because they've obviously been taken down.

And it also depends on the burglary itself. If you listen to Taaffe he makes it sound like armed robberies, all breakins. But I don't think that's the case. Wasn't one of them something about a friend of someone's kid who was at the house, that they thought stole things?

Here where I live included in burglary reports are things like bikes stolen from open garages, or from front porches, things stolen off of decks and from cars, even alcohol stolen out of open garages. I've had my GPS stolen twice while my car was in my driveway. And we live in what's considered a safe area, certainly no one goes chasing after kids that they don't recognize as being one of those ******* about to get away based on burglary reports.

JMHO

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And remember, police being called to the complex does not necessarily mean in response to a crime. Looks like GZ accounted for 3 percent of the calls to police. That's very high.

OK we are going to take a commercial break here. And everyone needs to thank this message that you have read it.

The door to the snark room has been closed. These posts that are insulting, veiled or subtle insults end now.

Get the facts straight and provide link. I am not seeing anything backed up by links just lots of stuff being thrown out there to see if it sticks. Moderators should not have to go searching out links.

Lets get this right. Find the links and stick to the facts.

If this thread doesn't calm down moderators will take action against the offenders.

The id only came when his dad started calling the police in the morning reporting TM missing, SPD went to his house, asked for a photo of TM, circa 8am.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403

When Tracy Martin greeted the police that morning, a plainclothes detective asked him to describe his son. "He asked me what he last had on. He asked me if I had any recent pictures," Martin said.

"I showed him a recent picture in the camera and he shook his head and said, 'OK, let me go to my car and get something.'" The detective returned with a folder.

It was drizzling, and he asked Martin if they could go inside. When they were seated he pulled out a photo. It was Trayvon, dead at the scene - his eyes rolled back, a tear on his cheek, saliva coming from his mouth. "From that point, our nightmare," Martin said.

Thanks, so according the that log and going off of distances we have seen, TM should of been on his doorstep (or very close to it) by the time he was talking to the GF.

Continuing to repeat the same thing as a fact does not make it so. We have no idea what happened and to continue to make the assumption that TM should have been home is speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa