17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand why we are to think that all these people are lying to cover up for GZ. Why would they care? Nobody knows what happened in the last minutes, so to assume that there is only one victim in this case is pointless to me. All we have right now is speculation.

As of right now, there is only one victim in this case. Right now, George is an accused murderer. He's been charged with murder.

MOO

Officials to vote on Sanford chief's resignation
By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
23 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Sanford city commission will vote to approve the resignation of the police chief harshly criticized for his handling of the Trayvon Martin case.

The commissioners said in a news release Monday that they would vote at a meeting later in the day to approve the resignation of Bill Lee.

Police did not initially charge 28-year-old George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who claimed he shot the 17-year-old Martin in self-defense.

Florida law gives people broad leeway to use lethal force if they believe their lives are in grave danger. The Feb. 26 shooting sparked protests nationwide, as well as debates about the laws and race. Martin was black; Zimmerman is the son of a white father and Hispanic mother...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120421/US.Neighborhood.Watch/

I do not understand why we are to think that all these people are lying to cover up for GZ. Why would they care? Nobody knows what happened in the last minutes, so to assume that there is only one victim in this case is pointless to me. All we have right now is speculation.

You might want to go back and read some of the previous threads. There was lots of discussion about who was the victim and such early on. But once GZ was charged it was indicated that Trayvon was the victim and was to be treated as such.

What would the phone number have gleaned on a Sunday night? They would have had to at least wait until the next day to submit a subpoena to T-Mobile to get records of/determine the owner.

Well, assuming that no one called the phone, they would have at least gotten the process started. What would waiting until March 2 do? Why did they even need the info on March 2, when they didn't even reach out to the last person he called?

Yes, but initially he said that he was just stepping aside temporarily, just wondering why he's now officially resigning.

JMHO

Just wondering if it could have something to do with an FDLE investigation or Department of Justice investigation or may be it could have something to do with both??

~jmo~

HYPOTHESIS & JMO!

Maybe he got advice from the "former Police Chief" of East Haven, Ct: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/30/us-connecticut-police-profiling-idUSTRE80T1J820120130

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2012/01/29/news/metro/doc4f25c06a47766200908237.txt

and the FBI are not playing with this issue, more jurisdictions are being "observed"

What documents regarding Trayvon? The police report? I don't remember anything specifically about him other than the FAQ and the police report from that night being posted. Perhaps you can specifically illustrate what you're talking about?

I just did.

The police report and the FAQs contain statements that I think were lies or deceitful.

jmo moo imo

Yea, they'd probably just lie about it the same as with everything else on this case.

~jmo~

The SPD has a very long and deep history of corruption and racial discrimination. The small town 'good ole boy network'. (Google is your friend.)

There's every reason to suspect they could be lying in this particular case. Trayvon Martin was a black teenager. GZ's father was a Magistrate Judge.

I don't think a warrant would be necessary, any more than a warrant would have been necessary to look in his pockets/wallet for an ID...

That's JMO though, it's not clear to me. If they did need a warrant, I don't see any reason why they could not have gotten one that night or early the next morning.

They may have felt they needed one because they were looking at GZ as a victim at the time and TM was the one engaged in criminal activity. jmo

You might want to go back and read some of the previous threads. There was lots of discussion about who was the victim and such early on. But once GZ was charged it was indicated that Trayvon was the victim and was to be treated as such.

Ive read them all. Thanks.

Well, assuming that no one called the phone, they would have at least gotten the process started. What would waiting until March 2 do? Why did they even need the info on March 2, when they didn't even reach out to the last person he called?
Two facets to this. First, they had apparently identified him already the next morning, rendering the expediency fairly moot at that point.

Second, how were they supposed to know who he last called if the phone was locked? They would have only been able to call 911, which it looks like they did. Why it took a few days, I'm not sure.

They may have felt they needed one because they were looking at GZ as a victim at the time and TM was the one engaged in criminal activity. jmo

Good point, I didn't even consider that. It's an absurd notion, but you have a valid point nonetheless...

I just did.

The police report and the FAQs contain statements that I think were lies or deceitful.

jmo moo imo

That's all I was asking. I didn't know what you were specifically referring to, or if I had missed something.

Two facets to this. First, they had apparently identified him already the next morning, rendering the expediency fairly moot at that point.

Second, how were they supposed to know who he last called if the phone was locked? They would have only been able to call 911, which it looks like they did. Why it took a few days, I'm not sure.

I agree, they seemed to have rendered many things "fairly moot." They half-a##ed an investigation and let an alleged MURDERER walk free. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Trayvon, he lay dead and deserved expediency at the very least.

:moo::twocents:

Interesting how the fiancee said she didn't know of one crime in the four years she had been living there, while others saw crime constantly.

Interesting how the fiancee said she didn't know of one crime in the four years she had been living there, while others saw crime constantly.

And there were what, 8 burglary reports in the last few months? JMO

Officials to vote on Sanford chief's resignation
By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
23 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. — The Sanford city commission will vote to approve the resignation of the police chief harshly criticized for his handling of the Trayvon Martin case.

The commissioners said in a news release Monday that they would vote at a meeting later in the day to approve the resignation of Bill Lee.

Police did not initially charge 28-year-old George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who claimed he shot the 17-year-old Martin in self-defense.

Florida law gives people broad leeway to use lethal force if they believe their lives are in grave danger. The Feb. 26 shooting sparked protests nationwide, as well as debates about the laws and race. Martin was black; Zimmerman is the son of a white father and Hispanic mother...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120421/US.Neighborhood.Watch/

Is that typical for what happens when someone resigns? They have to take a vote on it? Or are they just choosing to do this so they can all vote for his resignation to make themselves look better? I remember the "no confidence" vote and not everyone voted against him, so it will be interesting to see if everyone approves the resignation?

Maybe she was minding her business...what a concept.

8 burglaries in 15 months...again I say, that's not a lot of crime. There are probably more than 8 burglaries A DAY where I live...

Ive read them all. Thanks.

Oops, I get the impression you think I was being snippy, I wasn't. I was simply saying that early on the mods instructed us that we were to treat them both as victims until further notice and then when GZ was charged we were told Trayvon was the victim. I was only trying to help.

I keep to myself in my community? I'm not involved with my neighbors or even the activities they have for the residents. I've always been a really private person and I can count on one hand the friends who have ever been in my home. I've lived here 8 years and I couldn't tell you what's going on in here except someone ran into the stop sign and a bumper is laying in the road?

ETA: I didn't call the police to report it either. :floorlaugh:

Maybe she was minding her business...what a concept.

8 burglaries in 15 months...again I say, that's not a lot of crime. There are probably more than 8 burglaries A DAY where I live...

BBM -- that's subjective. If you're living in that community, even one burglary can feel like a lot. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member