17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, then I guess I dont understand when you say this:

1. What could they have done differently to find out his identity? Even if he did have ID it would have listed his address in Miami.
2. If they did not know TM's identity, how could they have called his next of kin?

Call some of the contacts on his phone? There was a call to TM's phone from the SPD. I don't recall the times, though. And I can't look up the links at the moment so... IMO

My confidence and respect for this Judge keeps getting lower. I don't know why he allowed that blindsiding of the prosecution. He just as easily could have called for another hearing to address the issues that had no place at a bond hearing. IMO IMO IMO ( so no one ridiculously requests a link)

The bond is based on (in addition to other criteria) the crime that is alleged to have been committed. The defense attorney has every right to go through the probable cause affidavit and point out inconsistencies to the judge so that the judge can determine the bail amount that would be appropriate.

I believe the original reports were "Trayvon was watching NBA All Star coverage", not the actual NBA All Star Game. Again, I want to point out to non Orlando locals, the NBA All Star Game was held in ORLANDO, and the local TV channels had been covering the NBA All Star virtually for the entire week preceding that evening, especially the events on that day.

I'll just address your first point before it's dropped. The All-Star Game hadn't even started yet. That's how the story changed.

Lots of folks watch pre-game shows before athletic events. It's pretty normal. And when someone talks about watching a big game...they usually don't say, first I watched the pre-game, then I watched the game, then I watched the post-game.

Most folks will just say, "I watched the game."

Exactly! Like on Thursday, the NFL Draft with be televised, but tons of pre-game programs will be on. I wouldn't say "Yeah, I'm watching the pre-draft show" I'd say "I'm watching the draft."

I'm still in shock how quickly they investigated the crime scene. Plus didn't they give Trayvon a "drug test" right there on the spot?

Yup. And they conveniently didn't do one on Zimmerman. Even though they had all the time in the world to do that one.

Call some of the contacts on his phone? There was a call to TM's phone from the SPD. I don't recall the times, though. And I can't look up the links at the moment so... IMO
And if the phone was locked? It looks like SPD dialed 911 from the phone to get the number (implying it was locked), and then verified the number by calling it. This was on or around March 2, iirc. It might have been an effort to get a subpoena for the records. That night, I'm not sure there was much they could have done about it.

And if the phone was locked? It looks like SPD dialed 911 from the phone to get the number (implying it was locked), and then verified the number by calling it. This was on or around March 2, iirc. It might have been an effort to get a subpoena for the records. That night, I'm not sure there was much they could have done about it.

So it took SPD from 02/26/2012 to 03/02/2012 to decide to look at the phone?

Strange huh. The crime scene of a homicide was just 200 feet away from their apartment, and was only ~3.5 hours old at the time the parents returned (10:30).

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/us/trayvon-martin-shooting-prompts-a-review-of-ideals.html

The local 11PM news showed that there was still an active crime scene at the time.

Strange? How so if they came in the closest gate to their home and parked in front? Why should they see or hear anything through 2 other separate apartment buildings besides their own?

So Tracy's fiance's son has been interviewed by the media before?
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7822858&postcount=128"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31[/ame]

Watching the pre-game coverage maybe?

I thought I read TM went to the store to get something so they could watch the game together and that was why he came right back. We don't even know if TM walked down to the store. His father could have dropped him off on their way out to dinner. If he was planning on watching the game with the brother he would have been interested in getting right back. jmo

So it took SPD from 02/26/2012 to 03/02/2012 to decide to look at the phone?
You'd have to call up SPD and ask them. I'm not their spokesperson. That's just what the call logs shows, and a possible inference from those logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea