Personal Memorial for Zahra (Please share your ideas)

Further thought on A_News' idea of the christmas tree, although I don't dare put it up this early, I love the sun ornament to honor Caylee idea. I am a multiple tree person. We do the big one and then I do little ones all about the house. (you know, those potted little trees with the dainty little ornaments)

Maybe this year there will be a new little tree with tiny little ornaments signifying all my little angels . . .

Yeah, I like that.

Now THAT is awesome!!! An angel tree with all the angels whose cases we follow. Love, love, love that idea!!!

These are all so great. I also just had the thought of going to the local hospitals and visiting the little cancer victims, if that is allowed, and maybe bring them a stuffed animal/gift in memory or Zahra or in Zahra's name??

I also am "in love" with butterflies. I think planting a "white flower" that attracts butterflies would be an awesome idea in the spring/summer months to remember her by and then putting up an "angel tree" when the butterflies go away to remember her by.

My mil usually puts up 26 trees in her house but they have hit hard times so she is not going to do it this year. I could borrow one of her trees, maybe even the white one and see about finding some ornaments she may have that are suitable for this year, then as I get the money or find an ornament add it in each child/adults name. I absolutely love this idea and think I have found what I want to do with all your help. This seems "right" to me. After all the looking around yesterday for something poignant and nothing seemed to fit the bill, this does.

Thank you all so much for sharing your ideas. Let the healing begin.

Now THAT is awesome!!! An angel tree with all the angels whose cases we follow. Love, love, love that idea!!!

Caylee started my tree - and I have one now! I am on the lookout for the perfect ornament for my case angels 12 months of the year. I have even crafted a few when I could not find one that fit! Currently looking for just the right frog to paint it's eyes red if need be for Kyron whether he is alive in hiding or in heaven unbeknown-st to me, he will have an orament this year!

To bad that there could not be a garden planned with separate areas for all of these beautiful people however unrealistic this would be in the long term...but i can still dream

The biggest thing that you could do for Zahra and I think would be PERFECT in all honesty is maybe take donations and then submit said donations to a charity on child abuse and donate it in her name as a memory for her. JMO
Yes.. This will do more good in her name than all the Teddy Bears and ballons in the world could do..

I've taken a break from this case for a while. I just looked at the pictures of the house and Zhara's room. Was this damage done by LE looking for evidence, or was this how the Baker's left the house?

You know, perhaps you (or any or all of the locals, even us in other states can call too!) could ask them to name a race day for her --- maybe even a food or toy drive that day to benefit Make a Wish Foundation or local organization?

Sorry--I've been 'offline' ever since Zahra's birthday :(

I took public relations as a major in college. Maybe I can draw up a letter and gather signatures, asking the racetrack if they'd be willing to do something like this...I'll have to think on it for a bit. Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated, everyone!

It would probably be expensive. I was thinking to talk with the principal of her old school and have all of the kids participate in a purple balloon lift off. Maybe with a little note attached about their memory or feelings about Z. Have it on the note for those that find it to either mail it back to the school with their location and thoughts, or leave a comment on a facebook page or something.

I've taken a break from this case for a while. I just looked at the pictures of the house and Zhara's room. Was this damage done by LE looking for evidence, or was this how the Baker's left the house?

-------------------
Hi wannabe, I'm not keeping up as much~just too much and soooo sad.I did read the house was a mess but the ripping out of walls,floors,pipes ,ceilings was done by LE..I think they were looking for blood in pipes,maybe found some on walls.It is just so sad for the little Angel who suffered so much.:angel:

I was very sorry to hear about the tree being cut down...for what ever reason. Sadly, the house will be forever stigmatized and the owner will face some tough decisions. Wonder if the owner did this of his own accord? Hope the notes & letters are given to someone...like ED. Glad the toys were shared.

But I am more curious as to why AB did not take his wife's belongings??! Hmmm...
quote="HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Attorneys for Elisa Baker were at her former in Hickory home Saturday.

There, they gathered the last of her belongings.................."

:rose:
Sweet Zahra,I am still thinking of you.
I picture you dancing with the Angels,
yes ~ with two good legs Sweetie.xoxo :praying:

Lera that sounds great. I had actually be thinking of doing that, but with me shy and all, and thinking that maybe they were being inundated with things like that, that maybe I should do something else.

I have had so many thoughts as to what to do. I wish I could narrow it down. I would love the chance to meet other "verified locals" but am terribly shy.

I was just getting ready and kept coming back to going to Waterworks here in Sawmills and releasing the balloons. This is the area I am talking about. Photobucket - Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing. I get such a calming vibe when I am there.

I have also thought of trying to find Zahra's Mum Emilie Dietrich and just giving her a hug and maybe a stuffed animal to take back home with her. I hope she gets to take Zahra's remains back to Australia. It seems she was much happier there than she was here.

I'm curious to know what you decided to do..x

I have a small circular flower bed in my side yard that I haven't had time to do anything with. All I have there now is a bird bath. I thought I might move the birdbath, and in it's place plant a bush that blooms Oct.-Nov. I'm heading to the nursery today to see what's available, and I'll plant it on Zahra's birthday. Something I can watch grow, you know?

It would be lovely to see a pic of your memorial, but I can understand if you want to keep it private,or an updated page for Zarah which people can add pics to that they have done for Zarah,as I believe people learn about Zarah years later,like I have a few weeks ago 2018..x

I started to go to her "living Hell", I mean house, last night but there were so many reporters and others there that I decided against it.

I heard there is going to be a public memorial for her on Tuesday, her birthday, but I know there will be hundreds of people there not to mention I have school all day that day. I am also a little bit socially backwards so I would of been uncomfortable. But I really feel the need to do something for her instead of just praying.

I keep having this thought of releasing a bunch of purple balloons as if personally releasing Zahra and all the emotions this case has brought me to the heavens. I have thought of going to the place on Christie Road to do it, but I just can't bring myself to go to those places where her bones were found. I think it would too hard to try and "let go" in such a place as that.

I wish I knew of park or place that Zahra loved to go and run so I could go there and do this personal memorial for her. Does anyone have any ideas?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back