GUILTY OR - Amyjane Brandhagen, 19, Pendleton, 14 Aug 2012

This case is so terribly sad. Amyjane seemed to be a wonderful young person who would have been a great asset to the world. I noticed that she went to a Free Methodist Church and went on mission trips for the church. Our family went to a Free Methodist church for 8+ years and my kids, as teens, also went on mission trips for the church to places like Mexico and the Dominican Republic. It is upsetting and scary to see that things like this are happening to young people in places where people are usually considered to be safe. I sure hope they find and punish her killer, and that no more of these murders will happen to innocent young girls (or to anyone).

Amyjane Nicole Brandhagen was found in a Travelodge hotel the victim of a homocide.

Amyjane had travelled the world and helped with missionary type work.

http://www.kapptv.com/article/2012/aug/16/friends-police-search-answers-pendleton-homicide/

RIP pretty girl.

Volunteers in Nepal, and tourists, seem to be going missing or coming to harm in unexpectedly high numbers. We have discussed many of these cases on this thread in the Missing section:

Aubrey Sacco case:
NEW NEPAL - Aubrey Sacco, 23, Langtang, 20 April 2010 - Missing on trek - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Nineteen years old is terribly young to go to a foreign country without her parents. Even college grads seem to be getting into trouble in Nepal.

Nepal, esp. Katmandu, has recently been in a state of political turmoil.

Possibly the actions of her group are seen as politically motivated; in any case, they could easily be misunderstood.

If the story seems suppressed, could be that there is an international aspect.

The founder of "Youth with a Mission," Loren Cunningham, has been accused of supporting a right-wing coup in Guatamala in 1982 according to the Wiki article intitled "YWAM Publishing."

Volunteers in Nepal, and tourists, seem to be going missing or coming to harm in unexpectedly high numbers. We have discussed many of these cases on this thread in the Missing section:

Aubrey Sacco case:
NEW NEPAL - Aubrey Sacco, 23, Langtang, 20 April 2010 - Missing on trek - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Nineteen years old is terribly young to go to a foreign country without her parents. Even college grads seem to be getting into trouble in Nepal.

Nepal, esp. Katmandu, has recently been in a state of political turmoil.

Possibly the actions of her group are seen as politically motivated; in any case, they could easily be misunderstood.

If the story seems suppressed, could be that there is an international aspect.

Wow. Spiritually dangerous as well?

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/ywamopenletter.html

Thank you, Walker

Wow. Spiritually dangerous as well?

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/ywamopenletter.html

Thank you, Walker

All very interesting. What can I say religion seems to create as many problems as it advertises to resolve. Not to mention the number of wars and murders caused and done in the name of religion. (sorry not trying to be critical of anyone who's involved in religion. Just pointing out that it does have negative aspects).

However - pertaining to Amyjane, are you or Walker in someway suggesting that YWAM may or could be involved in Amyjane's murder? Or are you guys just pointing out that the religious group she was involved in is/could be a shady organisation/cult and therefore has strict control over it's members (or something along those lines)

My immediate thought would be that YWAM is in no way connected to Amyjane's murder, but I only base that on the fact that the murder occurred at the motel/hotel and not at a more accessible place for a normal citizen.

This is all just my opinion.

Not sure my previous post made any sense

Praying for Amyjane's murderer to be caught.

In no way do I think this case is being supressed because of any international connection. In fact I do not think this is related to AmyJane's religion in any way shape or form (anythings possible though). Just my opinion.

If I read one of the articles correctly this is Pendleton"s first murder in 2 years or they average a murder every 2 years - compare that to those cities that have 300-600 murders every year.

Pendleton has a very inexperienced police force when it comes to solving murders. I suspect they are keeping details of Amyjanes murder close to their chest to be safe (ie not supressing details). A more experienced investigative team would know exactly what type of detail is safe to release and how to use the media to their advantage.

To Pendleton's credit they seem to have sought assistance from other police agencies so this may help with the level of experience of the investigators when it comes to murder.

I just hope they are making some headway.

R.I.P. Amyjane

I hope this is appropriate - Amyjane's facebook.

If you scoll down and click on older stories you get access to her art and WOW this girl was talented. It just makes it all very sad.

She also states she was engaged in June 2011.

http://www.facebook.com/amana.brandhagen

http://www.1290kuma.com/page.php?page_id=61

Arrests not related to homicide
Sep 7, 2012 7:21am

Police activity around Pendleton’s Motel 6 was not related to the investigation into the murder of AmyJane Brandhagen. However, some citizens who noticed the action did leap to that conclusion.

Police Chief Stuart Roberts says that none of the four individuals who were part of the activity have any connection to the Brandhagen investigation, as far as he knows.

Officers were called to the scene because the motel’s manager complained about four individuals who were “hanging out behind the building.” Police arrived and contacted the four, two of whom had warrants out for their arrest.

Shane Britton, 37, was arrested on a valid warrant, but the second individual, identified as Daniel Mize, 26, fled on foot. Roberts says Mize was later located by the Umatilla Tribal Police Department and is now facing additional charges of providing false information, third degree escape and third degree theft.

http://www.1290kuma.com/page.php?page_id=61

Roberts urges Pendletonians to be diligent
Sep 5, 2012 7:27am

Law enforcement officials say it’s a delicate balancing act – dealing with the public’s right to know information surrounding a crime and protecting details so the investigation isn’t endangered. That’s why the public information act says police can withhold whatever information they need when an active investigation is in progress.

Pendleton Police Chief Stuart Roberts says he understands both elements – but that if he had any information that would help the community stay safe in the homicide of AmyJane Brandhagen on Aug. 14, he would release it.

“If I had it and I believed there was an imminent risk factor to the public, the public would have it,” he said. “I’m not going to withhold any information that compromises the safety and security of this community. It just will not happen.”

Because the police don’t have any information – one way or the other – regarding public safety as a result of the crime, Roberts urges people to take precautions.

“Don’t travel by yourself, carry a communication device – all those common-sensical approaches to personal safety really need to be at their height at a time such as this when there are so many unknowns out there,” he said.

He also said people should communicate where they are going, the route they will take and their estimated time of arrival to family and friends.

I have been trying to find details of the crime reported at this link by a local tv station
http://www.keprtv.com/home/video/Body-found-in-Pendleton-motel-a-victim-of-homicide-166348426.html.
Any help on this would be great.

I see within the article that Amyjane had posted on her facebook that she had just started the job or something in that manner, only just a week earlier. As well, there was a man across the street, a neighbor, who saw a man walking back and forth up the street before the murder. The thing is, that I can not find anything other than this article and a similar one, on the crime, and it's a pretty recent murder. It is important I think that a description of the man walking up and down the street that night is passed along to the public (especially for those of us trying to convince LE a serial killer is loose in the area and that this person should be looked into). I am wondering if there might be a sketch or anything derived from the info of the witness reported in the article? Its a fresh case (2 monts old I believe, or less), Pendelton , Oregon.
I have a POI in several California,Oregon and Washington crimes. I have the eye on him,but not a big enough eye.I just need to know if his description fits this case, since of course a man was seen in the area pacing the street, if there is a description available from the witness who saw him. Directly, all I can say is that my POI recently frequented that area within the last 12 months and has ties to people in that community acording to his facebook. Before I overlog LE(already working with a few departments) , I would like to sleuth it a little on this case to see if my POI in the other crimes may be linked somehow other than what I already have. Anyone else heard of this one, it was a Travel Lodge where the murder occured, on SW, Dorian Ave? How should I approach the witness (is that even legal?)if I can locate him and how would I get a sketch from LE if it exists? I am new (this year) to the sleuthing world and a fire keeps me pressured into searching for these cases as I continue closing in on connectors to the PNW crimes..

ETA: I have contacted one of Amyjane's friends, asking if she'd like to come discuss the case or pass this link to any other family/friends.

"There is so much more that is unwritten."

Aug 16:

Investigation of homicide

Amyjane's friends want answers

Aug 17:

Amyjane identified

Aug 20:

No leads.. Attack on a motel worker mentioned

Oct 1:

Still not many answers..

Oct 2:

Links to other cases?

" An Oregon State Police crime analyst has returned to Pendleton to continue work on the AmyJane Brandhagen murder investigation. Police Chief Stuart Roberts says that the probe is casting a wide net thanks to the analysis.

"They've compiled information not only with individuals and characteristics of this case, but of all the unsolved, unresolved cases in the Pacific Northwest and, more specifically, Oregon," he said.

Roberts says the crime analyst is matching various characteristics of the Brandhagen case to those other cases and linking detectives to the case officers in the other cases."

Can anyone get Troy Powell on the thread?
I am sure there are a few here who can help Troy to construct an Online Sketch of the poi seen pacing the street, I will look for some perp sketch tools, I am sure there is one out there somewhere.
What about the family, can they get Troy to visit this page?
Is it true, that Oregon State issued an alert to other counties about a possible serial killer? Where did the report derive from,what did it say?
Any suspects as of the last day or so made public?
Did Troy get a good look at the guy?

Was there any vehicles seen out of place near the man pacing. A pickup? maybe Maroon? if,so, I would like to discuss firther. I will go to her thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back