GUILTY OR - Amyjane Brandhagen, 19, Pendleton, 14 Aug 2012

I joined so that I could provide info as I am in the same town. It's been a huge relief to have Wu/Chang found and arrested. Things like this "just don't happen" here.

I joined so that I could provide info as I am in the same town. It's been a huge relief to have Wu/Chang found and arrested. Things like this "just don't happen" here.

Welcome visine :)

:welcome:

Prayers said for Amyjane's family, as well as Karen and her family. I did peek at AB's parent's facebook pages, what a powerful testimony to their faith in God, despite the horrible loss of Amyjane.

Visine just curious. Has their been any local mention that Chang may have known either of them through a church connection?

Hello, and welcome, Visine.

It must have been terrible for you all there. I am so sorry for the loss of Amyjane. It's good to hear Mrs. Lange is getting better.

Do you think you've ever seen him before? How are the homeless shelters in Pendleton? Before the Sempre Fi tattoo did anyone question if it was an AWOL Marine?

TIA

Another article said he's being investigated for more unsolved murders.

Also names the two women who came upon him in the Convention Center where police said they think he's been hiding all this time. He was sitting there calmly as can be having a Coke, and when the women came in he said "Time to go" and went back to his hiding place.

http://www.kapptv.com/article/2013/aug/29/police-look-murder-suspects-ties-other-unsolved-ca/

LE's biggest question is WHY was he in their area?

Then on Wednesday night, workers at the local convention center spotted Wu eating leftovers in the kitchen, Roberts said. They called 911, and officers armed with assault rifles surrounded the vast building. A state trooper looking through a window spotted a leg hanging down from a ceiling in a stairwell. Confronted by officers and a police dog, the suspect came quietly, and under questioning, revealed he was a Marine Corps meteorologist, wanted for desertion after getting on a bus at Camp Pendleton, Calif., and never going back. He apparently enlisted right out of high school in Morganton, N.C., and ran out of money when he got to Pendleton, Ore.

Military records confirm that he entered the Marines in Charlotte, N.C., in May, 2008. He was a corporal when he was reported AWOL from Camp Pendleton on July 9, 2012.

He traveled north from California by bus and in August 2012, was cited for sleeping in Pendleton's River Walk area, a greenspace along the Umatilla River. Brandhagen was killed days later.

During his booking in May for criminal trespass in the parkway, police photographed a tattoo of "Semper Fi," a US Marines Corps motto, inside his left wrist.

But Roberts said authorities could not confirm his military service, despite running his fingerprints through the Automated Fingerprint Identification System, a national automated fingerprint identification and criminal history system maintained by the FBI. And evidence from the crime scenes drew no hits in a national DNA database, said Roberts.

As a result, Chang was not identified as a deserter.

Capt. Eric Flanagan, a spokesperson for the Marine Corps, said he was unsure of the details of the case but "all fingerprints are sent to the FBI database. I'm not aware of the specifics of this case and what the previous law enforcement interaction was."

In either case, computerized facial recognition comparisons were also a dead end, the chief said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2013/08/pendleton_breaths_sigh_of_reli.html

Danke Schoen regarding the PM Box, Knox.

O.K. I'm glad that information is out there regarding the fingerprints and the database. I wasn't going to wuestion it, but the local LE has so there we go. That's suspicious. Or is it not?

For a young person Chang was almost nonexistent on the internet. There's a Google account which in one shows a female. One is blank. He had a YouTube, but not until 2012.

However, I found a lone photo of him in the Marine's at Keesler AFB helping with Toys For Tots. So he was also in Biloxi.

http://www.keesler.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123128337

He's on the left.

The video at the link below has a shot of Chang from the riverwalk security cameras. Very clear shot of him.

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/Po...as-other-victims-221872581.html?tab=video&c=y

Filly, scratching my head over motive too. LE has said the crimes were not sexually motivated, nor did he rob them, so money was evidently not it either? Both attacks happened in daylight hours, so he doesn't seem to have a high level of fear of being caught. Those cameras in the area Karen was attacked in would have to be detectable wouldn't they?

Another curious coincidence ... LE wonders how and why he ended up in their city? He went AWOL from Camp Pendleton in California, and ends up landing in Pendleton Oregon?

O.K. here's a huge reveal. Chang's parents are missionaries in Thailand.

What are the odds that Amyjane did the same kind of work and Mr.s Lange worked at the same Church as Amyjane and this guy has what appears to be a very large family that are all in Thailand?

http://www.eastoregonian.com/news/l...cle_c1695ff2-11fa-11e3-b077-0019bb2963f4.html

The dad is the name I found as is the mom. However, I didn't search hard enough because the dad is on alot of internet sites and testimony.

O.K. here's a huge reveal. Chang's parents are missionaries in Thailand.

What are the odds that Amyjane did the same kind of work and Mr.s Lange worked at the same Church as Amyjane and this guy has what appears to be a very large family that are all in Thailand?

http://www.eastoregonian.com/news/l...cle_c1695ff2-11fa-11e3-b077-0019bb2963f4.html

The dad is the name I found as is the mom. However, I didn't search hard enough because the dad is on alot of internet sites and testimony.

That is ababsolutely a shocking coincedence - IF at all a coincidence.

I hope and think the police is cross checking Chang with a lot of other cases.

Prayers said for Amyjane's family, as well as Karen and her family. I did peek at AB's parent's facebook pages, what a powerful testimony to their faith in God, despite the horrible loss of Amyjane.

Visine just curious. Has their been any local mention that Chang may have known either of them through a church connection?

I have not heard of any connection via the church, although I certainly would not rule that out. It's a pretty active church, I would say one of the larger in the area. I think it's possible that there may have been some sort of outreach program that perhaps Chang took advantage of, but I don't know that for a fact. To my knowledge, no one has come forward stating anything of that nature.

My son knew Amyjane, he said at the time that she was one of the nicest people he knew. I never met her or Mrs. Lange, at least not that I know of. The attack on Lange occurred not far from my house, as the river walk path is pretty lengthy. It was bad enough that Amyjane was attacked and killed where she was; that street is busy! But to have Mrs. Lange assaulted where she was, near the baseball and skate parks -- Chang (if he is indeed the guilty party) was very brazen in both instances.

One good thing is that I now see people out in pairs/groups, no more walking and running alone. I hope it stays that way and that people don't become complacent now that he is caught. I think our little town is changing and not in a good way.

There is still an unsolved crime from almost 2 years ago when the fiance of a friend of mine was attacked. Thankfully he survived, but it was right before a correctional officer was killed by a drifter, and all of these things together make for some unnerving days.

Another curious coincidence ... LE wonders how and why he ended up in their city? He went AWOL from Camp Pendleton in California, and ends up landing in Pendleton Oregon?

What I have heard is that he "ran out of money" and happened to be here when that happened, so he got off the bus and here he is.

I am so glad this guy was caught. Thank god for DNA.
RIP Amyjane

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back