WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same pink chucks! Mud and all. ;)

A really awesome thing, to me, is that as heartbreaking as the situation is, Sky's life has already left the world a better place. The love and compassion he brings out in so, so many, evidenced in the pictures and stories and on these boards... I can only hope to do a fraction of that in my lifetime, you know? It would be a beautiful thing, to see him grow up, and old, and to remember all the good he brought out in strangers. But it is a beautiful thing, now, to see, just the same, and I am grateful for that.

I think the other positive that has come from this case is that fathers are getting more credence in the public eye (and, hopefully, the legal realm as well). It's beyond a travesty what happened to Solomon in the court system and I know that his story has shed light on the problem of automatically believing that women are always the victims of domestic violence and that men never are -- and in believing that mothers are always the most fit parent and fathers are not. I am sure that Solomon would give anything to have his son back but I hope it helps for him to know that Sky made grand changes in his little life -- things that most adults would never accomplish.

I think the other positive that has come from this case is that fathers are getting more credence in the public eye (and, hopefully, the legal realm as well). It's beyond a travesty what happened to Solomon in the court system and I know that his story has shed light on the problem of automatically believing that women are always the victims of domestic violence and that men never are -- and in believing that mothers are always the most fit parent and fathers are not. I am sure that Solomon would give anything to have his son back but I hope it helps for him to know that Sky made grand changes in his little life -- things that most adults would never accomplish.

Thank you, and Amen. I'm still reeling about Kyron, Sky and now the Powell boys. UGH. Something needs to change.

ETA: That the courts really need to take a little more time before jumping to "safe" conclusions about questionable parents.

:bump: for Sky!!! Where are you little man???

I wish I knew if Julia read here. If so, I would have some choice, but within TOS, words for her! She's a real piece of....!

Alright guys, what can we do that will be helpful in finding Sky? This quietness is driving me insane. I would give anything for an update from LE, a little one would be very appreciated.

SKY

There once was a toddler named Sky.
He was the apple of his father’s eye.
I called him “little man” --
he had hundreds of fans.
In his honor, we let many balloons fly.

There is sadness, but most do not cry
Because we know he’s somehow nearby.
Little man, you’re far from alone --
All our voices call you home.
Come to your family, little man, little Sky.

SKY

he had hundreds of fans.

Awe Rougelatete that was so wonderful!!! You made me tear up and cry. I hope Solomon is reading because I think this would put a smile on his face.

I'm so sick to death of knowing this woman is out free to do whatever in the heck she pleases. I guess Casey Anthony taught all these murderers really well.

OMG I accidentally posted an unfinished post without seeing it until just now so i deleted it. In the mean while, that made my 99% completed post vanish.

I think I'll get a little sleep now ;)

:bump:

I love you baby Sky!

I do not know the weather there; but it's a beautiful day here with beautiful blue skys. I would love to know that Sky could spend this day outside with little M and their dad. It is completely unfair and unreasonable that Julia took him away from these opportunities. As summer approaches, my heart really hurts that Solomon will not be able to take little Sky to the park.

I will be gone for the weekend, and will have very spotty internet coverage. My piece of my heart will be here searching for Sky :hug:

If Sky were someone else's boy whom Julia had been babysitting when he disappeared and she had no logical explanation for his disappearance, she would have been charged with a minimum of neglect, if not kidnapping, long before now. Why is it so different when it's a parent's own child that is missing?

:scream:

:bump:

I love you baby Sky!

I do not know the weather there; but it's a beautiful day here with beautiful blue skys. I would love to know that Sky could spend this day outside with little M and their dad. It is completely unfair and unreasonable that Julia took him away from these opportunities. As summer approaches, my heart really hurts that Solomon will not be able to take little Sky to the park.

I will be gone for the weekend, and will have very spotty internet coverage. My piece of my heart will be here searching for Sky :hug:

Coco - I'm not in Seattle - about an hour away, but it's cold and wet here! Tonights low is in the upper 30s, but snow is expected on Sunday.

It breaks my heart to think of him possibly being "out there" somewhere in the elements. How could Julia have no concern for his well being? If he's with Jesus, then the least she could have done was give him a proper resting place.

I've said it before, but she truly disgusts me! She ranks right up there with the 'tot mom'.

SKY

he had hundreds of fans.

Beautiful. Sad. :please: Sky needs to be brought home.

Comcast had an internet outage and I haven't had internet since yesterday afternoon!! I've been going crazy wondering about any new news about Sky. Still nothing. I don't understand why the person who was responsible for taking care of him hasn't been arrested yet for a minimum of the neglect she obviously inflicted on MM since she weighed as much as most small toddlers. Heck...my 2 1/2 MONTH old grand daughter weighs 14 pounds. MM was only twice the size of a 2 1/2 month old INFANT!!!!

Even if there is nothing that LE can do about Sky right now - do something for MM to show her that the world cares about her just as much as we do about Sky, I'm begging you. We might talk about Sky a lot more but that's because we don't know where he is and we worry for his safety. MM is just as much loved by us as Sky is and we (as a whole) need to let MM know that we love and care so much about her well being also. She needs to know that we want justice for the neglect and abuse that she went through just as much as we do about what Sky went through.

4645.jpg

Comcast had an internet outage and I haven't had internet since yesterday afternoon!! I've been going crazy wondering about any new news about Sky. Still nothing. I don't understand why the person who was responsible for taking care of him hasn't been arrested yet for a minimum of the neglect she obviously inflicted on MM since she weighed as much as most small toddlers. Heck...my 2 1/2 MONTH old grand daughter weighs 14 pounds. MM was only twice the size of a 2 1/2 month old INFANT!!!!

Even if there is nothing that LE can do about Sky right now - do something for MM to show her that the world cares about her just as much as we do about Sky, I'm begging you. We might talk about Sky a lot more but that's because we don't know where he is and we worry for his safety. MM is just as much loved by us as Sky is and we (as a whole) need to let MM know that we love and care so much about her well being also. She needs to know that we want justice for the neglect and abuse that she went through just as much as we do about what Sky went through.

4645.jpg

Amen Princess!! We absolutely do care for M just as much as we do about Sky and thank God she's not missing as well. We should be thankful that Julia didn't "lose" her as well. C'mom Julia - do the right thing for once. Tell LE where Sky is at!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa