Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Disappeared show has left me with more questions than answers... Though I am grateful that this show was done for Brittanee and hopefully that one specific tip will be called in that leads LE to her.

What kinds of questions, MB?

This is good news that LE is still searching for Brittanee. I'm not familiar with using sonar in these searches, but I understand it is a helpful tool. Thanks RoseC for sharing the link!

Good morning everyone and Britt! It is Sunday 10-10-10.....a new day and a new week.

Where are you Brittanee?

wm

I have read some amazing stories about utilizing sonar in searches. Here is a great article, unfortunately the person drowned though. I sure wish it could be the thing that helps solve the mystery of Brittanee.

The sheriff's office credited their side-scan sonar unit, which uses pulses of sound to create an electronic image of the water bottom, for reducing the search time Saturday morning. After using the sonar, divers found the body within 10 minutes of entering the water.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/08/01/1613488/man-dies-in-santee-river.html#ixzz120klMu8d

I'm still hung up on the times...

PB & lawyer stated on several occassions that BD was there at the BWR at 8:00 and left 10 minutes later. I believe even in one article JO even stated she talked to BD around 8:00.

Times on the BWR cam were off...supposedly. Times on the street cam were off...supposedly.

Newspaper account, News story accounts...time and time again...stated these times...then stated other times...then went back to the original times...

LE stated 7 minutes from BWR to the first street cam... Now according to this show...it's 15 minutes...

According to this show...BD leaves BWR at 8:48

So really...what time was it.... Right now, I'm not believing any of the times anyone has listed...

The Disappeared show has left me with more questions than answers... Though I am grateful that this show was done for Brittanee and hopefully that one specific tip will be called in that leads LE to her.

The Disappeared show was just amazing to me. I watched it on youtube thanks to the uploader. What amazed me was the effort that goes into searches. I couldn't begin to imagine what it takes to organize something like that in this sort of environment, terrain, chasing alligators out of the area These people are amazing and deserve so much praise. The best thing that the show can do is to make more people aware of this missing girl and to help find her. And no doubt it will do that. I just hope it is soon for the family. Nobody should have so many unanswered questions when a loved one goes missing. You can deal with things much better when you have answers.

I don't see how it cannot be those guys from McClellanville. I mean, surely there aren't two different totally unrelated people unknown to each other who abduct people in that very specific part of Myrtle Beach and have connections to the McClellanville area. That's just too much of a coincidence.

Was it ever said who that truck belonged to that was found on the Taylor property? If you'll recall, it was linked to a homicide in Charleston County....and was found on ST's property after he was fingered in the attempted abduction of R in Myrtle Beach.
If we can't tie him to Brittanee...yet....maybe he can be tied to another kidnapping, murder, or attempted abduction. I think that SOME of these guys aren't as hard core as the others....and that some of them would squeal if they were facing serious charges and prison time.

Quick review of what we know about the McClellanvile suspects:

January 1998 - May 2001 - Shannon McConaughey case:

After nearly four months in jail, five men accused of a high- profile Lowcountry murder were set free Tuesday when the Charleston County Solicitor's Office dropped the charges, citing a lack of evidence.

The men became suspects after EJJ told police that the entire group intended to rape McConaughey, but the first man to attack her went berserk and killed her, a sheriff's deputy testified during a preliminary hearing March 27. Magistrate James Gosnell Jr. ruled at the hearing that there was probable cause to hold three of the men over for trial.

The men were accused of shooting 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey of St. Stephen and dumping her body in woods near Awendaw on Jan. 30, 1998.

Released from jail were JIW, 24, of South Santee Road; HJR, 29, of Society Road (10-11-2010 currently incarcerated in Georgetown County on sexual assult charges); EJJ, 26, of Old Germantown Road; and JLT, 46, of Old Collins Road, all McClellanville; and RKT, 32, of Rainey Street in Georgetown.

July 21, 2010 - July 28, 2010 - Randa Massy

On July 21, a Tennessee woman reported to police that three men in a van approached her on Ocean Boulevard and tried to kidnap her.

Police say Massey picked ST (Brother of RKT) out of lineup, and police continue to seek information about the two additional men.

On Monday, detectives from Myrtle Beach and other assisting law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at ST's home on Old Collins Creek Road in Charleston County, near the Georgetown County line.

Police seized several items, including what was presumed to be a stolen truck which has been linked to a homicide in Charleston County, NewsChannel 15 has confirmed.

The suspect van, described as pale blue, that was used in the botched kidnapping was not recovered, according to authorities.

In a statement to the judge, T said he has been married for 19 years, has kids and is not the man police are looking for. T also noted that while he as a criminal history, it is not a violent one.

(personally - I question this; Her story seems to have several inconsistencies)

April 12, 2010 Update on Brittanee's case:

On Friday, officers from Myrtle Beach, Georgetown and Charleston counties said these "persons of interest" know what happened to the girl. "Around December we got a tip that led us to a particular area in Georgetown County. Since that tip, we have got a bunch more tips in, people that had some good information which led us to three possibly four suspects," said Johnson

Two of the suspects, according to Johnson, have been subjected to lie detector tests. Johnson, however, has refrained from commenting on the results of those tests.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[From Thread 9]

~ 2:00 PM 4/25 - DD talks to BD regarding soccer items (PER DD IN ARTICLES/INTERVIEWS)

~(I don't know exactly where to throw this in - since times may be off - 20:15 {8:15} PM 4/25 - BD IS CAPTURED ON OB STREET CAM WALKING TO BWR)

~ 7:55 (8:55 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is entering BWR (PER TIMESTAMP ON BWR VID)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JH has some kind of phone contact with BD (PER ARTICLES)

~ Approx. 8:00 PM 4/25 - JG (her BF) phone contact with Britt (PER ARTICLES)

~ By 8:00 (9:00 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is in PB's room (#601) at the BWR

(~ 8:00 PM 4/25 - Pretty much dark - minimal lighting from sky)

~ 8:00-8:10? (or could this be 9:00-9:10 - DST) PM 4/25 - Call to BD in PB's room from JO about shorts

~ 8:13 (9:13 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD is leaving BWR

~ 8:13 to 8:20 (9:13 to 9:20 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.

~ ?8:45? PM 4/25 - JO receives text from BD stating she is on her way back to their hotel

(WHERE WAS JO WHEN THIS TEXT WAS MADE? WAS JO STILL ON THIS ALLEGED 'EMERGENCY' WITH UO & VN OR HAD THEY ALREADY MADE IT TO THE BOARDWALK? - BUT THIS TEXT - DID IT ACTUALLY HAPPEN OR NOT - IT KIND OF THROWS A MONKEY WRENCH INTO THE TIMELINE - WHETHER TIMES ARE CORRECT OR NOT)

~ 9:15 PM 4/25 - BD texts her bf JG (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

~ 9:16 PM 4/25 - JG texts back and no further contact from BD (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

~ 9:30 PM 4/25 - JG informs DD that BD is missing (FROM VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS/INTERVIEWS)

~ 11:00/Midnight PM 4/25 - Tower ping from cell phone (VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1:00-2:00 AM 4/26 - PB & crew leave MB for home (PER PB & VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 1 AM? to 5 AM? 4/26 - Cell phone continues to ping tower until it dies or is broken... (PER VARIOUS NEWS REPORTS)

~ 4:50 AM 4/26 - JH reports BD missing to MBPD

~ 4:50 - 5:54 AM 4/26 - Entry gained into room #305 at BH no one present in the room (PER MBPD REPORT)

~ 11:00(?) AM 4/26 - JO, AL & PO check out of BH & move to the Boardwalk (POSSIBLY room #1435) THIS WAS THE ROOM # LISTED ON ONE OF THE MBPD REPORTS AND GAVE OCCUPANTS NAME AS NC.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

(snipped from MBLover - re Disappeared TV show)

PB & lawyer stated on several occassions that BD was there at the BWR at 8:00 and left 10 minutes later. I believe even in one article JO even stated she talked to BD around 8:00.

Times on the BWR cam were off...supposedly. Times on the street cam were off...supposedly.

Newspaper account, News story accounts...time and time again...stated these times...then stated other times...then went back to the original times...

LE stated 7 minutes from BWR to the first street cam... Now according to this show...it's 15 minutes...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Who wants to play around with this again? It's a lot of work - lots of searching and reading through articles looking for times, citing references... Oh come on, it'll be fun?!!? It will keep Brittanee's thread "bumped" :)

Mlatta, Do you recall if a time was given for the tower ping at Surfside beach? It seems I recall 15 minutes after Britt's last text.

Thanks for the timeline and additional facts you brought forward.

wm

Mlatta, Do you recall if a time was given for the tower ping at Surfside beach? It seems I recall 15 minutes after Britt's last text.

Thanks for the timeline and additional facts you brought forward.

wm

ETA I found the info i was looking for on page 2.

~snipped for my post # 36~

At 9:27 pm her phone is moving south around surfside Bch. 15 mins by car.

11:58 her phone pings cell phone tower # 332. 50 mile s of MB...beeline to GT County.

My question is where was Brittanee's phone pinging between Surfside beach at 9:27 pm and 11:58 pm when it pinged tower #332 at Pole Yard landing?

(snipped)
At 9:27 pm her phone is moving south around surfside Bch. 15 mins by car.

Surfside beach is about 7mi (12-15 minute drive) From Bluewater

11:58 her phone pings cell phone tower # 332. 50 mile s of MB...beeline to GT County.

Tower 332 is about 40mi (45mins-1hr drive) from Surfside Beach

My question is where was Brittanee's phone pinging between Surfside beach at 9:27 pm and 11:58 pm when it pinged tower #332 at Pole Yard landing?

Very good question - there is 2 and a half hours between Surfside ping and 332 ping (For a 1hr drive?!)

Could her phone have been powered off during that time, and then powered back later, when near 332 ??? (Recall from "Disappeared" DD stated she kept calling Brittanee and eventually it stopped ringing and went straight to voicemail. This could indicate that the phone was powered off.)

I've always thought it was possible, the perps shut her phone off, and later she was somehow able to get to it, and get it turned on...

Im not sure cause le only stated two diff areas her cell pinged that was in Surfside then again in santee/mcclellanville area,,,,you have 6 small towns between MB and McClellanville

listed of towns and # of cell towers in each

MB--7cell towers
Surfiside-1
Garden city-1
Murrels Inlet (shows no tower but this lit town right in between so not sure?
Litchfield-1
Pawleys Island-2
Georgetown-5
santee/McClellanivilee-2

so im sure her cell was hiting these towers,

I'm still hung up on the times...

So really...what time was it.... Right now, I'm not believing any of the times anyone has listed...

From my understand the times you heard on ID tv show are time line that LE is using,,

I've always thought it was possible, the perps shut her phone off, and later she was somehow able to get to it, and get it turned on...

So, considering the missing block of time, Brittanee could possibly be located anywhere from Surfside Beach to GT. Maybe LE should consider searching some of these areas in between. There is a possibility the 'rape van' stopped along the way. I think this because there are 3-4 POI's who allegedly snatched Brittanee for nefarious reasons. I am just wondering if these 'men' were willing to wait til they got all the way to Georgetown to continue committing their evil crime against her after snatching her. they must have been in a frenzy and being in that frame of mind, I don't see them as being especially patient. Unless activities were occuring inside the moving vehicle...which is possible especially if it were a van.

Sorry to be so graphic everyone. I just want to find Brittanee and will leave no stone unturned in theories and possiblities.

What is at Surfside Beach? anybody?

all MOO

wm

i agree,,,,,,,wish it been did on reg tv channels,,due to the fact that **Persons of interset,most likey did not see the tv show,,,as i have dish network,it wasnt on my listing,but i seen it at my *friends** office,,so im very sure not many seen it in santee/mcclellanville area a few but not the ones most hope would of seen it,,,,,wish it been on reg tv channel but i do hope and pray word get out of tv show,,,,

So, considering the missing block of time, Brittanee could possibly be located anywhere from Surfside Beach to GT. Maybe LE should consider searching some of these areas in between. There is a possibility the 'rape van' stopped along the way. I think this because there are 3-4 POI's who allegedly snatched Brittanee for nefarious reasons. I am just wondering if these 'men' were willing to wait til they got all the way to Georgetown to continue committing their evil crime against her after snatching her. they must have been in a frenzy and being in that frame of mind, I don't see them as being especially patient. Unless activities were occuring inside the moving vehicle...which is possible especially if it were a van.

Sorry to be so graphic everyone. I just want to find Brittanee and will leave no stone unturned in theories and possiblities.

all MOO

wm

Surfside Beach is more of a community...not all the things to do (or as many of them) like just up the road at Myrtle. Homes/apartments, restaurants and such. I think more people live here year round. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

WM...several of us have discussed this possibility (off this board). I've always thought it made sense for the perp to have done away with BD after leaving MB but before getting to GT - or the possibility of going further than GT to get rid of her.

If the perps came out of GT (or there about) to MB to snatch someone...then they are smart enough to get away from their home base...so why would they be stupid enough to take the kidnapped person back to their home base - if getting caught would lead directly to them?

all MOO

wm

Surfside is just small area with seem stuff, hotels,golf,condos,beach,just from MB to PL its just long stretch of golf,condos,hotels,shops,beach,years years ago i guess diff ppl name there lit spots,,,
yes LE has search alot of diff places in MB to Gtown,but they never found any type clus,,,,,,all this was in first months,,,,,,my **thoughts*** there r more back way roads out of surfside to gtown be all back roads,,,,,

i agree,,,,,,,wish it been did on reg tv channels,,due to the fact that **Persons of interset,most likey did not see the tv show,,,as i have dish network,it wasnt on my listing,but i seen it at my *friends** office,,so im very sure not many seen it in santee/mcclellanville area a few but not the ones most hope would of seen it,,,,,wish it been on reg tv channel but i do hope and pray word get out of tv show,,,,

Rose...I agree...

That's been my problem with a lot of this. These shows aren't on mainstream tv...and at times BD's info hasn't been on shows that would appeal to the late teen / 20 something crowd.

MTV and VH1 would do well to offer some kind of community service blurb/show regarding missing spring breakers and how to remain safe.

I always said and thought the most effective way to reach those who were at MB when BD went missing was for the hotels to have contacted everyone they had staying there. The hotels along the stretch from BH to BWR...I have always thought it was possible someone saw something...but never heard anything that a girl was missing.

People on vacation don't read the newspaper and they generally aren't watching tv - much less the local news...or CNN...or Nancy Grace.

But that's just my :twocents:

Surfside Beach is more of a community...not all the things to do (or as many of them) like just up the road at Myrtle. Homes/apartments, restaurants and such. I think more people live here year round. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

WM...several of us have discussed this possibility (off this board). I've always thought it made sense for the perp to have done away with BD after leaving MB but before getting to GT - or the possibility of going further than GT to get rid of her.

If the perps came out of GT (or there about) to MB to snatch someone...then they are smart enough to get away from their home base...so why would they be stupid enough to take the kidnapped person back to their home base - if getting caught would lead directly to them?

Thanks for telling me that MBLover. I feel weird about talking about some theories as it seems morbidly disrespectful to me. However, that's why we are all here is to brainstorm ideas but it's hard ya know?

RoseC, do you know if any of the backroads areas from Surfside to GT have been searched?

Thanks all for filling me in about the Surfside area.

Moo.... wm

Rose...I agree...

That's been my problem with a lot of this. These shows aren't on mainstream tv...and at times BD's info hasn't been on shows that would appeal to the late teen / 20 something crowd.

MTV and VH1 would do well to offer some kind of community service blurb/show regarding missing spring breakers and how to remain safe.

I always said and thought the most effective way to reach those who were at MB when BD went missing was for the hotels to have contacted everyone they had staying there. The hotels along the stretch from BH to BWR...I have always thought it was possible someone saw something...but never heard anything that a girl was missing.

People on vacation don't read the newspaper and they generally aren't watching tv - much less the local news...or CNN...or Nancy Grace.

But that's just my :twocents:

i agree, i to feel and has **pushed that seem idea*** to get to youger ppl that was in MB that week they gota reach the teen agers 19-25 yrs old, i sure never watch tv or read newspaper when we go on vacation,i to feel they need reach them (teens) threw some type music tv etc,,,,

i got another **thought*** for reasons the public has never heard of,was few weeks afterwards,there was searchs done at old army base? and few wooded areas,,,is it possble,that whatever*if* crimes did to her that she was left in MB or one of small towns? and that cell phone was left in whatever car etc they kidnapped her in? all this time they searching way out area? as we all know LE,papers had it blasted everywhere about last ping of cell,ok these perps been had time to go recover it and its probley god only knows in landfield for trash? any one feel this could be possible? just MOO tho :)

on another note,,,i know how much locals here love hunting,they die for hunting lol,if a body was on any hunting club you can bet it been found last year(hunting here starts like Sept-till new years day) so this second hunting season,,i truly feel bd not in the area they looking,,unless its on *private* land,if so and some good family member dont speak out,im afraid bd never be found,if shes truly in the area they searching**** MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes