17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be something in the evidence that would shock all of us -- who thought we'd see a murder charge? And remember, SPD initial report was manslaughter.

I would guess the autopsy is the smoking gun, and I've wondered if Trayvon was shot in the back? At any rate, it will show what happened that night, how close he was & the angle at which he shot Trayvon. jmo

Now that the right thing has been done and charges have been filed and GZ is in custody, I would like to also offer my prayers to GZ and his family. As much as I believe GZ should be held accountable for his crime... I do not believe he went out that night and intended to kill anyone. I do believe he has issues and is a danger to society. I believe he has a severe problem with authority and has a severe problem with thinking he is the law... and above the law.

My prayers are that he gets the help he needs! I pray he can come to terms with the fact that he has unjustifiably taken another human beings life and that he comes out a better person because of his dire mistake in judgement. But with that, he should be held responsible. He needs to be held responsible!

MOO

I've been debating this semantic issue amongst my family....this is an odd one compared to many we follow, as GZ admitted the shooting, only claiming self defense. IMO self defense or whatever (IMO it was not) he shot a human and killed that human, that makes him a murderer in my book.

You can call him a killer. An alleged murderer. Only a JURY can deem someone a murderer.

I take that to mean that they were saying they didn't just decide to charge based on public pressure.

They painstakingly examined all of the evidence to reach their decision.

JMHO

What I tried to say, only you said it much better!

I am so proud of everyone who took a few moments to support Trayvon whether it was signing a petition, rallying, etc. I know AC said they don't prosecute based on public opinion, but I believe that the special investigation may not have happened without the public's cries. There is still good in this sometimes evil world! We can't save victims, but we can help them have a voice after death. I'm mostly a lurker, not a poster, but I am proud to be a part of this great group who tirelessly fights on behalf of victims we don't even know. <3

She's certainly supportive of SPD's effort, and makes clear several times that they did a lot of investigating, and were still investigating when her office was appointed to take over.

I've been debating this semantic issue amongst my family....this is an odd one compared to many we follow, as GZ admitted the shooting, only claiming self defense. IMO self defense or whatever (IMO it was not) he shot a human and killed that human, that makes him a murderer in my book.

AC said it herself.

All murders are homicides but not all homicides are murder.

Yes, there was a homicide.

Is he a murderer? We don't know yet. There has been no trial.

One thing she said that bothers me, she said that Wolfinger wasn't done investigating this case when she came on. I thought he wrote it off as justified ? Isn't that what was told to TM parents ? I'm having a problem believing this..:waitasec:

I heard earlier Zimmerman retained Mark O'Mara.

ETA: oops. Fast moving thread. ;)

Wowsa, caught up just in time to celebrate the law insisting on justice for Trayvon! :woot:

Not entirely thrilled with the idea of another Florida jury, but-- onward and upward.

:seeya:

One thing she said that bothers me, she said that Wolfinger wasn't done investigating this case when she came on. I thought he wrote it off as justified ? Isn't that what was told to TM parents ? I'm having a problem believing this..:waitasec:

Apparently they were still investigating. The evening of the death, there was no arrest because there wasn't evidence to arrest. But they were still investigating - which she made clear several times.

LE is going to never talk down to LE. They'll let the DOJ or the FBI handle that.

She sounded very supportive of the local Police investigation. Is their initial report going to be found as correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa