17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I'm also curious about the 'didn't come to this decision lightly comment'. Obvious, they wouldn't charge him with 2nd if they weren't absolutely sure of the evidence they had.

I think it's wrong not to add manslaughter to the charge. I think potential jurors may find second degree to harsh.

Well, it's not a done deal yet - they could certainly go to trial with that choice, IMHO.

APNewsBreak: Murder charge in Trayvon Martin case
By BRENDAN FARRINGTON, AP
21 minutes ago

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman has been arrested and faces a charge of second-degree murder in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press Wednesday.

The official with knowledge of the case says that the charge against George Zimmerman will be announced at a news conference by special prosecutor Angela Corey at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The official says the 28-year-old Sanford man is in custody in Florida but wouldn't say where.

A second-degree murder charge in Florida carries a maximum sentence of life in prison. It is typically charged when there is a fight or other confrontation that results in death and where there is no premeditated plan to kill someone...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120410/US.Neighborhood.Watch/?cid=hero_media

She is very professional and I am totally impressed. She is strong minded and it sounds as if she really knows her stuff!

She worked hard for TRAYVON.........

May God continue to bless her.

He hasn't been convicted of anything yet? I didn't know we convict before a trial?

I've been debating this semantic issue amongst my family....this is an odd one compared to many we follow, as GZ admitted the shooting, only claiming self defense. IMO self defense or whatever (IMO it was not) he shot a human and killed that human, that makes him a murderer in my book.

There must be something in the evidence that would shock all of us -- who thought we'd see a murder charge? And remember, SPD initial report was manslaughter.

JMO, IMO
Tony, I don't know what was being done to the victim, Trayvon Martin while he screams, wails with a sound like he was being terrorized. Listening to that tape is brutal.

Whatever was happening, it was very, very bad.

God Bless Trayon's parents and brothers.

If not for their fight for proper justice, their son would have been chalked up and thrown away as just a no name "" who got what was coming to him.

Surely what they would want most in this world is to have their child back, but hopefully seeing that he gets the justice that he deserves, that any of us would deserve, helps their grieving process. That's all they've ever asked for their child.

Trayvon would no doubt be proud of his parents.

JMHO

I just wanted to add that I believe Trayvon has 2 sisters too. (I believe 1 half sister and a step sister.) Prayers for his entire family!!!!! Children should NOT have to deal with the murder of a sibling!!!

God Bless Trayon's parents and brothers.

If not for their fight for proper justice, their son would have been chalked up and thrown away as just a no name "" who got what was coming to him.

Surely what they would want most in this world is to have their child back, but hopefully seeing that he gets the justice that he deserves, that any of us would deserve, helps their grieving process. That's all they've ever asked for their child.

Trayvon would no doubt be proud of his parents.

JMHO

I wonder how many times that has actually happened :-(

Yea, I'm also curious about the 'didn't come to this decision lightly comment'. Obvious, they wouldn't charge him with 2nd if they weren't absolutely sure of the evidence they had.

I take that to mean that they were saying they didn't just decide to charge on a whim based on public pressure.

They painstakingly examined all of the evidence to reach their decision.

JMHO

Corey "We charged George Zimmerman with murder in the second degree."
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 6:05 PM
Corey "We will continue to seek the truth throughout this case."
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 6:04 PM
Corey "We prosecute on fact and the laws of the state of Florida."
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 6:03 PM
Corey "We do not prosecute by public pressure."
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 6:02 PM
Corey -
"Did not come to the decision lightly."
by Andrea Dennis/WESH.com 6:02 P

Read more: http://livewire.kcci.com/Event/Prosecutor_Announces_Decision_On_Trayvon_Martin_Case#ixzz1rlvwqeYv

Fellow Websleuths member & Florida lawyer Richard Hornsby has a section on his website. Summary of what is needed for 1st, 2nd, 3rd murder & manslaughter. http://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/homicide/

I really thought it would be manslaughter. They must have found something in the new investigation to make a 2nd degree murder charge, imo.

But why would she say that they did not come to this decision lightly?

i think too much is being read into this statement. I would take it to mean that a complete and thorough review of all of the evidence was made and interviews/re-interviews were done, all of the facts were considered, thus a decision reached. If the decision was reached lightly, then to me it would sound like nothing was done once the sa office took the case and they went with their preconceived ideas that GZ was guilty. Hope I'm making sense.

I dont know if you guys have seen thie but GZ is in CUSTODY.

Sunshine State!

DOC DUMPS!

omg I had forgotten about Doc Dumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics