NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was found by the fire department on the Baker's SUV windshield.
The firefighter said the first thing he saw as he approached the brush fire was an SUV (that the dogs later hit on for human remains), doors opened, doused in gasoline that he could smell, and a note on the windshield which was the ransom note for Coffey's daughter.

The police took the note and the police went to his residence (very close by and saw the daughter). I don't know if I think it is odd that he didn't mention Zahra or not, but I dont' think LE knew she existed.

He may have assumed they had seen her or been overwhelmed by the info that there was a ransom note written about his child.

I REALLY wonder what EB's plan was with all of that. It just seems so strange! Part of me thinks she was trying to burn the evidence and didn't want LE to show up (their backyard does look secluded enough that a small "bonfire" could just be considered burning leaves or such, and not out of the ordinary). But then, what about that odd ransom note? And why involve the Coffey family? I'm interested to hear other theories about this. I mean she caved awfully quickly on admitting she wrote the letter to be attmepting some random SODDI kidnapper defense. Could the ransom note just have been a separate attempt to extort money from her husband's boss, that LE happened to find? Was it supposed to be a "holy crap MY daughter's missing too!" moment in front of LE that she chickened out on? SO many questions!

Was just about to bring that up! That three pic comparison of EB reminds me SO much of some of the FOM examples. Thanks for posting this =)

I think we are going to see that progression in a battered spouse defense.
Look how much she changed in such a short time period.
Look at her bruises.
Zahra was not the only victim in that household.

Biodad better get to talking to supplying evidence because the bus is going to be gaining speed, and if he put that body through a woodchipper taking it totally to he said she said about how she died.... he could be in a world of hurt. He should be anyway imo

It's very likely that AB's employer does not offer health insurance. I am an accountant and very few of our small business clients can afford to offer health insurance, as much as they wish they could.

I REALLY wonder what EB's plan was with all of that. It just seems so strange! Part of me thinks she was trying to burn the evidence and <i>didn't</i> want LE to show up (their backyard does look secluded enough that a small "bonfire" could just be considered burning leaves or such, and not out of the ordinary). But then, what about that odd ransom note? And why involve the Coffey family? I'm interested to hear other theories about this. I mean she caved awfully quickly on admitting she wrote the letter to be attmepting some random SODDI kidnapper defense. Could the ransom note just have been a separate attempt to extort money from her husband's boss, that LE happened to find? Was it supposed to be a "holy crap MY daughter's missing too!" moment in front of LE that she chickened out on? SO many questions!

The only thing I can think of is that Coffey lives next door (that is a guess on my part) and that the kidnappers got the wrong address because Coffey as the landlord owns the trailer Zahra was living in as well.

So they leave a ransom note on the wrong vehicle, at the wrong residence, and take the wrong girl.

I *guess* LE was suppose to enter the trailer and they were suppose to find Zahra's room empty, but the SUV didn't catch on fire, and they took the note and went to Coffey's actual residence and didn't come in.

I don't know, it doesn't make sense, but the timing being while Dad was "at werk" seems convenient.

The Tahoe SUV is currently at a local business under going "smell reduction" through the use of an Ozone type air cleaner. They are apparently trying to eliminate of get rid of some of the gasoline smell so they can work better within the vehicle.

Search dogs/cadaver dogs are out at the former residence in the Sawmills community. This info is from a resident of the area.

Wood chipper is being looked at piece by piece by forensic teams from SBI.

The NC SBI is being extremely careful in evidence collection and examination as well as lab work after the report of incomplete lab work and with holding of complete lab results and evidence to defense lawyers.

DA as advised LE to be thorough in lite of blunders of the Anderson murder case in Caldwell County a few years ago.

SO LE has reason to be very thorough in investigation, evidence collection, and crime scene investigation especially in the use of cadaver dogs.

Wow. If was SM, I'd be shakin' in my boots right now. Holy COW are they being thorough! Both SM and dad are screwed for sure! GO NC LE AND SBI!

Zahar's bio mother..... again words can not be posted. She wanted nothing to do with Zahar since she was 8 months old. When told of her first bout with cancer she did not care and told AB to leave her a lone and stop contacting her. The fact she is now cashing in to get her 15mins of fame is just wrong on many levels!

You wonder how I know all this?? I grew up with AB and the rest of his brothers. Our mothers have been close friends from before I was born. THe phone call I got at work the other day from my mother telling me what was going on I will never forget.... nor the vomiting in the toilet bowl I did afterwards.

Welcome, Cotannah. I'm trusting that you are who you say you are. I'd previously posted about the bio mother's claim that she'd been "searching" for Zahra for "five years". Unless the child's name had been changed without the bio mother's knowledge, this is an absolutely preposterous claim, since a simple Google search on "Zahra Baker" would have turned up media articles about her giving her age, hometown, photo, etc. Can you confirm that "Zahra" is the name the bio mother knew the girl by the last time she was known to have gotten any direct information about her?

I'm just puzzled that the media didn't pick up on this inconsistency. They published the bio mother's "searching" claim like there was no reason not to believe it. And yet many MSM articles about this case had already noted the previous media coverage (over 2 years ago) about her battles with cancer.

I'm kinda curious about EB's tattoos? I can't make them out from the pictures. I wonder if they were described on during intake process and included with mugshot?
Also, early on she was reported to have run out screaming to husband that Zahra was gone..now wouldn't she just ask the husband if he'd seen her first?

Links for mugshot, court docket and Etc. here nomad:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947"]NC Zahra Baker timeline and media links only - No Discussion - - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I looked but didn't see a processing page like we usually see with inmates where there tatts are described.

When we get to the he said she said of who the abuser in the household was take note of the pic of SM with a black eye. We will be seeing that again.

I'd really like to think that MGF got that black eye from Zahra hitting her back in self-defense.

.Channel 9 spoke with Reilly and prosecutors about the case on Wednesday afternoon. "She is scared to death. She's worried if her family is out here and she is still emotional. It's scary coming out here and seeing all the court reporters and courtroom of people who are so much against her right now," Reilly said. Riley also said Baker feels she is being railroaded by police. "She says she is not a killer had nothing to do with this whatsoever and that she has tried to cooperate with police, and that she loves her daughter," Reilly said."I know this is a very emotional time for law enforcement. The community is upset. We have a high degree of faith that law enforcement is going to solve this case. It&#8217;s going to be a high priority for the DA&#8217;s office when they do,&#8221; said District Attorney Jay Gaither. Scott Reilly told Chanel 9 that they could have a bond hearing as early as Monday. Police released very little information Wednesday but Channel 9 could saw investigators at several locations back searching in Burke County north of Morganton, running down possible leads.One of those leads was a call from Rachel Freeman, who lives one mile from the area where investigators were searching on Tuesday night. Freeman told police she smelled something outside her home. "I want them to find it. I'm very concerned about her. We've smelled it since Sunday. It was real bad last night,&#8221; Freeman said. But police said they didn't find anything around Freeman&#8217;s home. The area is less than a mile from where officers conducting a massive search Tuesday night for Zahra on property where police said her father had access to a wood chipper.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

Wlos tv13 just had an interview with the neighbor who lives beside them now and he stated emphatically that he had never seen Zahara and said her father was not a man because you cannot be a man and watch someone abuse your child the way she was abused...Go neighbor. You can tell he is very upset.

Here is the link for WLOStv13 from Asheville. They will probably replay the video at 5:30 and 6:00pm.

http://www.wlos.com/

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - but does anyone know what COLOR Zahra's hearing aids were? I've noticed in several photos that she has something red in her ear. Just wondering if it's her hearing aid or not. From what I can gather, they are normally flesh toned. Is this right?

I keep thinking that the fire was started and the intention was that the SUV would catch fire too, before the fire department got there...why else would they douse it in gasoline unless it was intended that it would catch fire?

But if that's the case, then why put a ransom note on it? If it caught fire, nobody would ever be able to read it?

Wait a minute. Maybe that's it? Maybe the SM was trying to think of a million ways to deal with this, after accidentally murdering the beautiful Zahra in a fit of rage... thought about the ransom note thing... and then thought- nah...that won't work...and just decided to try to burn the evidence- which was to INCLUDE the ransom note she had tried her hand at writing but no longer intended to USE?

However, someone (nobody knows who) called 911 and the fire department was there before the SUV had a chance to catch fire and the ransom note was found and now she's just trying to wing it???

The only thing I can think of is that Coffey lives next door (that is a guess on my part) and that the kidnappers got the wrong address because Coffey as the landlord owns the trailer Zahra was living in as well.

So they leave a ransom note on the wrong vehicle, at the wrong residence, and take the wrong girl.

I *guess* LE was suppose to enter the trailer and they were suppose to find Zahra's room empty, but the SUV didn't catch on fire, and they took the note and went to Coffey's actual residence and didn't come in.

I don't know, it doesn't make sense, but the timing being while Dad was "at werk" seems convenient.

I don't think he was at work...wasn't this fire at 4-5am??

But didn't Mr. Coffey know the Baker's had a daughter? Hadn't AB been working for him since before they moved? And Zahra's existence was very public knowledge when they were living in their previous residence?

If the note was found in a vehicle belonging to the Bakers, at the Baker's residence, and police took it seriously enough to do a welfare check on on Mr. C's daughter, wouldn't Mr. C (if no one else) have mentioned the Baker's daughter, and caused to police to think maybe the kidnapper could have had the wrong address and taken the wrong girl? And thus checked on Zahra at that point?

I would pretty much understand if police, in that scenario, would have trusted the parents to go check and make sure their daughter was safe in her room, and taken their word for it. BUT we know that didn't happen, since both parents are telling police they last laid eyes on Zahra at 2:30AM, a few hours prior to the fire/note-finding.

If the police knocked on my door out of the blue and said we found a ransom note for your daughter, is she here and can we see her, I might be so overwhelmed with "WTF!!!!!!!" that I would not be thinking what if they have my neighbors kid.

That kind of thing has to catch you a bit off guard.

That Zahra's family did not check on her at any point from the fire to the ransom note... that is very odd.

Wow.

Did they say whether it was the one at the Baker house, or the one at the work lot?

(As for EB claiming she had nothing to do with this etc... well of course. And unfortunately for AB it is looking like all of this could be pinned on him eventually. I could speculate about future defense tactics, given what we have already seen, particularly EB with a bruised/black eye, plus the family's anecdotes about her past behaviors like claiming her daughter had leukemia. But I won't. :snooty: Nope. Just won't speculate. :snooty:

OKmaybealittle.)

I don't see how he can't be partially to blame. the man sat by while this woman abused her and did NOTHING. I'm a single parent, I have no sympathy for the low life parents like AB and EB. Since I've been divorced I've only dated 2 men. I ended the both relationships because they would complain that I spent to much time with my daughter. She was still a baby with the first one and the second she was a tween. They even have their own kids but they are so selfish that the kids are an after thought, just like her dad. I know I'll never be with another man until she is out on her own. As lonely as I get, it is nothing compared to my desire for her to safe, happy, and loved.

I'm just so freaked out that AB and EB could've put Zahra in a WOODCHIPPER. He's the one with woodchipping job... so that is on him. What kind of monster could do that to their child? I'm sorry they both need to be hung by their feet from a tree and beat to death. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Dad was home when the fire happened. They lived in a house owned by the boss, not a trailer. They used to live in a trailer at their previous address.

----------------

"I just hope I can get my daughter back. I miss her so much," Zahra's father, Adam Baker, told ABC's "Good Morning America" as he choked up. He was interviewed alongside the Hickory police chief.
The girl's stepmother told her husband she last saw Zahra sleeping in her bed at 2:30 a.m. Saturday, about 2 1/2 hours before the fire was reported. Adam Baker said he was panicked after the fire, but didn't immediately check on his daughter.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ne...for_disabled_nc_girl__parents_questioned.html

He said he left the house around 11 or so to check on a job. Said he came back at about 2 or so and then mom came out and started screaming.

http://blog.***********.com/2010/10/missing-zahra-baker.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member