NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that. That seems like such a drastic change in her appearance in just 3 months.

She looks quite ill in the Aug 9 pic I really wonder if it was medical neglect as some have speculated

Wow hi again all, have been lurking while working and skimming the threads as much as I can... First, I'm impressed with how many new WSers Zahra has motivated to start posting. Welcome all and thank you for your insights and energy!

This mattress thing I can't ignore. LE said they were searching the landfill for an item that would help them establish/firm up the timeline of her disappearance, then they display clear interest in at least two mattresses at the landfill, after removing the one from EB/AB's house... and saying that they were taking the mattress/box spring/bed frame from the home so the dogs could have something to sniff Z by???

This theory may have been effectively debunked in the last threads that I've had to skim, but IMO Zahra laid dead in her bed for some time before the cover-up began.

The attic was always of concern to me, the one thing that is guaranteed this time of year in that part of the country is that the attic is going to be very very hot.
She did not look well in the picture with the black eye and pink bandana, I wonder if her eyes were sunken from dehydration.
If her stepmother was used to dishing out this sort of punishment it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she died from the mistreatment.
Locked away for most of the day and night who knows if she was able to get enough to drink let alone eat.

I might have missed this earlier...but just noticed in the article you linked (thank you)...this:

On Thursday, they returned to a Burke County landfill in search of a mattress cover in connection with the case

This is the first "confirmed" or "confident"...maybe, article that I've read, which mentions specific items regarding "the 1 item"...

Speaks volumes to me...IMO...if they're looking for the / a matress cover, they must believe Zahra was wrapped in it and disposed...somewhere??? Or have found some matching fibers or something...this case is heart breaking!

Here is a link to the cached 'Love 4 Zahra Clare Baker' FB page which was taken down today http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...v=wall&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=safari

Unfortunately it only shows the posts by the owner and not by 'everyone' which would have been more interesting, and none of the links work, I'll see it I can get any other pages from it by searching through my history and looking for other cached pages.

Here is the wall with other's posts from Oct 21 at 15:55 GMT http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...314060&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=safari

Here is a discussion on the family memorial held last weekend, includes posts from Adam's mother, but also includes posts from another K, but you can tell which one she is by what she has to say http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...314060&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=safari

Old discussion listing http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...314060&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=safari

The landlord of the Hickory home who the "ransom note" was addressed to, was that M Coffey? Also the person that is from Hickory that knows Mr Coffey, would you be willing to say if he is in his 40's or not?

If the landlord is who I think that it is then I have found a connection between him and Pat Adams (the witness from the furniture store). Not sure if it means anything or not but it was something that I was worried about when Mrs. Adams came forward with information about seeing Zahra at the store with Elisa.

Fathers whose daughters are missing and presumed murdered should not be playing around on facebook, not while LE are on their hands and knees in garbage dumps looking for this little girl or some piece of evidence to shore up a time line for her disappearance.

Fathers who daughters are missing and presumed murdered should not be playing around on facebook, not while LE are on their hands and knees in garbage dumps looking for this little girl or some piece of evidence to shore up a time line for her disappearance.

The fact that they are even trying to piece together a timeline outside of talking to members of her immediate family speaks volumes on it's own.

They aren't buying what he's selling. AT ALL.

TorisMom: I think we're on the same trail with this item, re: boss and store owner linkage. Wasn't it understood that he is in mid 40's? Could swear I saw it posted waaay long ago in these threads. My question (IF there is linkage) is: What does it mean? Could it mean a "big plan" involving several folks, and a falsified "sighting" of Zahra for murky purposes? Hmmmm. Gonna have to sleep on that one tonight. Thx for your post.

The fact that they are even trying to piece together a timeline outside of talking to members of her immediate family speaks volumes on it's own.

They aren't buying what he's selling. AT ALL.
Nope - would you?

Lovely MrsG, can you fix my spelling next time please? :)

I think that's a fantasy car for him.....in his dreams etc.

It seems like some of EB's car photo's on her myspace page, maybe when they were looking at buying (ahem..) a new car.

You would think he might have better things to do then clicking on "like" buttons on facebook?.....Like telling people where Zahra is or maybe going down to the jail and having a "chat" with EB.

This case is going to end up one hot mess due to actions of some on both sides of the pacific.

Checking the thread and hoping for news.

One quick thing, I'm starting to look at what I don't see and one thing I've become curious of. AB's relationship with his daughter...

I also am a father of one daughter, one I love dearly. I would think Zhara would love to see her father coming home from work or spend time with him when she could but there seems to be very limited contact. :waitasec:

Even in pictures <the ones I've seen> I don't recall one of them with Zahra and her father together. No stories of them together, birthdays etc.

Am I missing something here, I mean I know about absent fathers but he was Z's caretaker, she lived with him.

I agree. My son has quite a special bond with his dad. While I'm a SAHM, we have a bond - but it's different than dad's. I'm the one who takes him to school, makes sure he gets his homework done, drives him to friends house, and watches Big Bang theory with him :) I can also be the one who institutes time outs when he gets snarky with me. Since dad works all day, it's all fun and games when he gets home.

I just can't see a dad ignoring a child when he gets home -- especially one with special needs. I know they're out there, I just don't want to believe it.

MOO

Mel

It's early morning in North Carolina and LE have another hard slog ahead of them today.

Where's Zahra - where's the missing car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get