NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

So what they're saying is the mattress they removed is new (and looks new to me), and the old one is in the dump? Makes sense.

So where did the mattress come from? Usually they are tagged (you know, only the consumer can remove). I pray they didn't remove it, as the bed can be traced to find out where it was manufactured and what store it came from. If it's new, I'm suprised no one has come forward to say EB or AD purchased a new bed.

Been off for most of the day, so maybe I'm missing something. These threads move so fast :)

MOO

Mel

I might have missed this earlier...but just noticed in the article you linked (thank you)...this:

On Thursday, they returned to a Burke County landfill in search of a mattress cover in connection with the case

This is the first "confirmed" or "confident"...maybe, article that I've read, which mentions specific items regarding "the 1 item"...

Speaks volumes to me...IMO...if they're looking for the / a matress cover, they must believe Zahra was wrapped in it and disposed...somewhere??? Or have found some matching fibers or something...this case is heart breaking!

And it went poof. It's gone now.

But I just happened to have another window still open with the caption and photo. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the screenshot, but I do have it, if it's ever needed.

Does AB have a facebook page? Did i miss something? Where is he posting and hitting like buttons?

And it went poof. It's gone now.

But I just happened to have another window still open with the caption and photo. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the screenshot, but I do have it, if it's ever needed.

Post the link we'll get the cached file : )

Does anyone know if Elisa had a cell phone? The police can easily triangulate her cell phone activity and pinpoint all the locations prior to Zahra going missing.

This would be information only the investigators have at this time. The last press conference Hickory Police held, Chief Tom Adkins said fewer details would be made public as they focused on the homicide investigation. Other cases have used cell phone triangulation to pinpoint locations, though experts will say it's not an exact science because cell phone calls can be picked up by neighboring cell towers rather than the closest tower.

She had a blackberry as per her facebook page here

Has AB 'defriended' her? Is that what you were alluding to earlier Darnudes?

This place moves really fast,and I am slow..
I asked before if AB has any sisters,if he knew anything about raising girlchildren,or if he would think SM would know more,having had daughters. If someone answered,I can't find it.
I wonder who named Zahra.. It's such a pretty,unusual name that I can't see AB thinking of it,and her real mom didn't hang around long enough..

Good morning all!

I have been reading as much as I can on this case. There are some things I am wondering....

1) Is LE trying to prove a case, without the body, by getting a hold of the mattress cover or whatever else involved that came off the bed?

2) What was the purpose of the fire outside the home? Was it to destroy evidence? Did whats her name...the SM, perhaps, try to destroy something so it could not be traced back to her?

If that was the case, was everything burt to a cinder?

Or was the fire merely a 'distraction' to set up the story for Zahras dissapearance?

Looks like AY is preparing for a wedding and some of AB's relatives are looking forward to cake....can we assume it's being brought forward, and that they'll be there? So Ron&Misty some of this behaviour.

ETA Nov 5th for the big day.

I read that too!!! so tacky !!!! and the other comments well, I best not say what I think. I don't want a timeout

This is good news and makes me believe (IMHO) they must be getting closer to the grid site. Just because you throw something in the trash doesn't mean it disappears ;)

Police said Wednesday that FBI agents are joining the search at a landfill in Caldwell County

Mel

Which prompts me to ask a question - I apologise in advance if this has already been asked.

Do landfill sites in the US keep records of rubbish deposits? Are there fees for different types of rubbish?

The tip (landfill site) in my area has different sections and fees for varying rubbish. For example, if you were off-loading a mattress you would be asked to deposit it in a particular sectioned area with a higher fee attached. Garden waste would go in another area, again different rate.

I'm assuming the 'landfill sites' are the equivalent of our 'tips'. Facilities such as these in Australia attract fees in an attempt to reduce the environmental impact (s). Your rubbish is scruitinsed to a certain extent by way of segregated areas.

Off topic - it's so difficult for us Aussies to spell correctly on these sites - I just can't bring myself to spell 'customise' as 'customize' or 'colour' as 'color' .... I end up with red, squiggly lines riddled throughout my posts!

How about defence / defense? Does everyone get a squiggly line for the correct spelling there? I am sure my spelling is permanently ruined.

On the dumping, surely yes, and I know what you mean, but then you and I are proper citizens who pay a dumping fee, I don't think they would have, they would have just left it near a dumpster somewhere.

Biting tongue on the upcoming nuptials.

[I just can't see a dad ignoring a child when he gets home -- especially one with special needs. I know they're out there, I just don't want to believe it.

MOO

Mel[/QUOTE]

I work with alot of clients (families). In some cultures, even good old american culture sometimes, some parents have very little day to day contact with their children. In some, a male may view his role as 'provider'. He may see his duty to find a 'mom' for his child, and a 'wife' for himself, and then set about providing for them. He may have little day to day contact, and if he does, perhaps it's at 'ceremonial' times, such as holidays, when there are others around.

I don't know what ABs relationship with his child was. I do, however, know some folks who love their children, but may not have a deep, emotional relationship with them. They just aren't capable.

It could be that AB met this woman, and in a very basic way thought she was unusual, had children that were raised and grown, and that she would be a likely mother for Zahra. He might have enjoyed the same interests, the same hobbies, felt that she was a successful mother before, she would be again.

People show you what they want you to see, especially in the beginning of any relationship. Everyone has different sides. I believe most of us have a 'dark' side, it's just that in most of us, it doesn't develop, or isn't nurtured.

This woman might have begun to change once they were back here, in 'her' element. If she is BPD, she probably did love Zahra. She probably was a good step mom for awhile. But then, the human reality of dealing with another person, one who appears to have been an exceptionally mature, kind and paid attention to person happens. She probably began to resent the child, both for her popularity, and then because she proved a 'real life' responsiblity in a way that she did not want to deal with. She might have come to resent it more and more, and take it out on the child, who I imagine probably did not just accept it. She might have complained to her father, who perhaps chalked it up to a child who had a 'step mom problem'. Perhaps he told Z that she would have to work it out with step mom. Perhaps he told Step mom that she would have to deal with Z, and left them both to it.

The Austrailian men, guys who are 'working blokes' that I've worked with, for the most part, are a pretty basis 'men's men' sort of fellow. They aren't into 'feelings' and deep emotional displays of feeling. They might feel, but in their world, a man is a man and he takes care of things in private and puts on a stoic face. I had an Austrailian client one time who had a very sad loss who after telling me, put his hands on his lap, sighed and then said 'well, alright then, nothing to do but get off to work'.

I'm not saying they don't feel, but many men cope with things differently, and coming from a different culture, this can be even greater.

anyway, just some thoughts, and M O O.

have a good morning everyone.

We're not talking about Rhodes scholars or Mensa candidates here - one old big hot mess, both sides.

You got that right I am not even sure they have enough class to be on The Jerry Springer show

Mel[/quote]

I work with alot of clients (families). In some cultures, even good old american culture sometimes, some parents have very little day to day contact with their children. In some, a male may view his role as 'provider'. He may see his duty to find a 'mom' for his child, and a 'wife' for himself, and then set about providing for them. He may have little day to day contact, and if he does, perhaps it's at 'ceremonial' times, such as holidays, when there are others around.

I don't know what ABs relationship with his child was. I do, however, know some folks who love their children, but may not have a deep, emotional relationship with them. They just aren't capable.

It could be that AB met this woman, and in a very basic way thought she was unusual, had children that were raised and grown, and that she would be a likely mother for Zahra. He might have enjoyed the same interests, the same hobbies, felt that she was a successful mother before, she would be again.

People show you what they want you to see, especially in the beginning of any relationship. Everyone has different sides. I believe most of us have a 'dark' side, it's just that in most of us, it doesn't develop, or isn't nurtured.

This woman might have begun to change once they were back here, in 'her' element. If she is BPD, she probably did love Zahra. She probably was a good step mom for awhile. But then, the human reality of dealing with another person, one who appears to have been an exceptionally mature, kind and paid attention to person happens. She probably began to resent the child, both for her popularity, and then because she proved a 'real life' responsiblity in a way that she did not want to deal with. She might have come to resent it more and more, and take it out on the child, who I imagine probably did not just accept it. She might have complained to her father, who perhaps chalked it up to a child who had a 'step mom problem'. Perhaps he told Z that she would have to work it out with step mom. Perhaps he told Step mom that she would have to deal with Z, and left them both to it.

The Austrailian men, guys who are 'working blokes' that I've worked with, for the most part, are a pretty basis 'men's men' sort of fellow. They aren't into 'feelings' and deep emotional displays of feeling. They might feel, but in their world, a man is a man and he takes care of things in private and puts on a stoic face. I had an Austrailian client one time who had a very sad loss who after telling me, put his hands on his lap, sighed and then said 'well, alright then, nothing to do but get off to work'.

I'm not saying they don't feel, but many men cope with things differently, and coming from a different culture, this can be even greater.

anyway, just some thoughts, and M O O.

have a good morning everyone.[/QUOTE]

Whichever way you look at it, Zahra's feelings and needs were obviously not met. I think we can toss around the psychological aspects between the union of a lonely Aussie caveman + the American interest until we are blue in the face. The fundamental issue is - drugs + money issues + lies + a dysfunctional home life + self-centred adults = tragedy for the innocent parties associated with such a life. Australian, American, English meh .... it occurs in every culture.

I've maintained the same feelings all along - I am so sad this has happened to such an obviously divine, beautiful little girl. But, I'm so thankful this didn't happen here in Aus, LE in the USA mange it so brilliantly and do it so well. I'm extremely confident there will be justice for Zahra. The other Australian WS'ers can attest to how Police and DOCS have a knack for sweeping such crimes under the carpet.

Looks like AY is preparing for a wedding and some of AB's relatives are looking forward to cake....can we assume it's being brought forward, and that they'll be there? So Ron&Misty some of this behaviour.

ETA Nov 5th for the big day.

Link please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members