TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost power when that first cell came through on Wednesday the 27th so I don't know what businesses were closed on Thursday and Friday after the storm, but I suspect many were.. But IF Gail was headed toward their lake home in Alabama around 1:30 pm on the afternoon of the 29th I'm thinking the DV call was made before that time so seems he was home on Thursday also..JMHO

After they let schools out early on Wednesday, schools were out for the rest of the week. Maybe that was an excuse to stay home. Also, if one planned on heading to AL to check the house. All were aware AL got hit pretty hard, reports of looting, and to own a home there and once safe to travel, you would think you'd want to know for sure. Does anyone know the nature of the argument on the 29th? Maybe why she went with the children, instead of going as a family? If he felt that she would 'take' the kids, he would certainly not allow her to leave with them, so one may surmise he was unaware their passports were taken at the time.

An attorney cannot show up for Gail unless the atty has been retained by her I believe. If there is someone she has on retainer, there might be a gray area of sorts, but it doesnt look like she had an attorney on hand.

I know I posted this earlier, but Matt is going to get what he is asking for I suspect. The filing makes sense to a degree, although I object (personally) mightily to the idea that she is going to swoop in in the dead of night and run away with the children that she willingly handed over to him. Very unrealistic. And I believe that the abandonment and unsupervised statements in the doc are completely unsupported. JMVHO as a lay person.

...although I object (personally) mightily to the idea that she is going to swoop in in the dead of night and run away with the children that she willingly handed over to him. Very unrealistic. And I believe that the abandonment and unsupervised statements in the doc are completely unsupported. JMVHO as a lay person.

I don't think anyone assumed she would swoop in. You state the 'abandonment and unsupervised statements' in the doc are completely unsupported...have you seen them? I didn't realize anything else but the calendar motion was released.

I haven't finished reading the posts from this morning, but I just wanted to say that I'm pretty sure it would be very easy for Gail to reverse any decisions made by the judge, based on her being a missing person.

suppose in defense of MP, if he is absolutely sure she has just taken off (although I am not sure how he could know this) then filing while she was gone specifically because she took off makes more sense. IOW, if in his heart of hearts he is sure she is just playing games, then why not file? As believe09 has mentioned this can be completely reversed in the future when she is available.
Now, maybe the only way to get a TRO and exclusive use of the home is to file for separation? I don't know. That would be the only reason to me that would explain the urgency to file for separation.

I am just trying to come up with explanations as to why he is doing what he is doing.

I agree with believe, it can be reversed if she comes home and maybe his fears of protecting his assets and children were legit.....BUT....why not do it sooner and not after she was reported missing.....which he was forced into doing....AND if he was so afraid for her to take the children, why didn't he open his lips when LE was there for the DV call? Sorta making sure the gate is closed after the bull is out. Which lawyers are used for. IMO

I lost power when that first cell came through on Wednesday the 27th so I don't know what businesses were closed on Thursday and Friday after the storm, but I suspect many were.. But IF Gail was headed toward their lake home in Alabama around 1:30 pm on the afternoon of the 29th I'm thinking the DV call was made before that time so seems he was home on Thursday also..JMHO

:waitasec:The DV call was on Friday...right? Don't do this to me Emeralgem, the reports on the phone calls have me :crazy: enough right now. :)

An attorney cannot show up for Gail unless the atty has been retained by her I believe. If there is someone she has on retainer, there might be a gray area of sorts, but it doesnt look like she had an attorney on hand.

I know I posted this earlier, but Matt is going to get what he is asking for I suspect. The filing makes sense to a degree, although I object (personally) mightily to the idea that she is going to swoop in in the dead of night and run away with the children that she willingly handed over to him. Very unrealistic. And I believe that the abandonment and unsupervised statements in the doc are completely unsupported. JMVHO as a lay person.

The law can be very complicated. I really wouldn't be surprised if there was a law in TN that let family members retain a lawyer for the missing to represent their best interests. Do we have any legal experts?

The law can be very complicated. I really wouldn't be surprised if there was a law in TN that let family members retain a lawyer for the missing to represent their best interests. Do we have any legal experts?

No legal expert...at all. But, isn't the judge suppose to negate the considerations?

I agree with believe, it can be reversed if she comes home and maybe his fears of protecting his assets and children were legit.....BUT....why not do it sooner and not after she was reported missing.....which he was forced into doing....AND if he was so afraid for her to take the children, why didn't he open his lips when LE was there for the DV call? Sorta making sure the gate is closed after the bull is out. Which lawyers are used for. IMO

bolded by me.

GREAT POINT !

I don't think anyone assumed she would swoop in. You state the 'abandonment and unsupervised statements' in the doc are completely unsupported...have you seen them? I didn't realize anything else but the calendar motion was released.

Weren't they in the affidavit?

ETA: May 6, 2011 - Matthew Palmgren files a motion for exclusive use and possession of the couple's home. He also files a restraining order against his wife, and a request for temporary custody of the couple's children. In his affidavit, Matthew Palmgren says his wife had suffered "bouts of depression," was paranoid in days before her disappearance, and had changed pin numbers to bank accounts that contain hundreds of thousands of dollars. He adds he was concerned his wife might try to take their children out of the country.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

I'm not a legal expert, but I can say that more than half the anxiety of a court appearance involves having to face the other party and deal with the uncertainty of what pressure might be applied by the opposing attorney during questioning.

I do wish Matt could experience a little of that piece of the process. If not through Gail, at least from an attorney representing her interests. I realize the law may not provide for that, however, and I hate that....

The search must be well underway now. I wonder if they have uncovered anything ?

:waitasec:The DV call was on Friday...right? Don't do this to me Emeralgem, the reports on the phone calls have me :crazy: enough right now. :)

I am so so sorry about the confusion..You are right and I'm totally wrong.. Have no idea WHY I even mentioned Thursday as being the day of the DV call and her leaving for Alabama..Again. sorry.. JMHO

Mental note to self..

DV call was on Friday the 29th..
Gail left on Friday the 29th for lake home in Alabama..
Gail and children returned to Signal Mtn on Saturday the 30th..

I am so so sorry about the confusion..You are right and I'm totally wrong.. Have no idea WHY I even mentioned Thursday as being the day of the DV call and her leaving for Alabama..Again. sorry.. JMHO

Mental note to self..

DV call was on Friday the 29th..
Gail left on Friday the 29th for lake home in Alabama..
Gail and children returned to Signal Mtn on Saturday the 30th..

No prob! The facts and timeline have been confusing in the past 24 hrs. I think some....including me are feeling anxious about the search today.

I'm wondering if the searchers have been instructed to mark possible area if items of clothing or things that just may be connected are found?

scaled.php

http://yfrog.com/gywpabmj

He adds he was concerned his wife might try to take their children out of the country.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

Is it right that we now know she simply gave those passports to a friend for safekeeping? Was it just her passport or the passports for the children too? Of course regardless...it could just as easily be argued she was trying to keep HIM from taking the children out of the country. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus