NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if these two links have been posted yet as, this is my first post. I hope I did this correct. I also noticed the second person in the backseat of the car as soon as the pictures were posted. Hopefully they will catch this guy quickly....

Teens helps with Carson murder investigation:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6013341

Welcome Momof2.
Does anyone think the guy who's helping put up posters looks like the perp?
Check out the nose, the little mustache and newly braided hair.
I'm switching between the 2 pictures...hope my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Welcome Momof2.
Does anyone think the guy who's helping put up posters looks like the perp?
Check out the nose, the little mustache and newly braided hair.
I'm switching between the 2 pictures...hope my eyes are playing tricks on me.

I didn't want to say anything but....yeah.

I think this one looks considerably younger, but we know that some perps will insert themselves into a case. It could happen, but I don't think it is the same fella.

SuziQ,
;)
I wasn't going to say anything either, so I'm glad you saw the similarities too.

.... I went to google "Maps" and put in the address for the area where Eve was shot. The "street view" allowed me to travel all the way back to where her vehicle was discovered, and then turn around and travel all the way back to her apartment. I was struck by how rural this area is.....especially the area she was shot. Do you think perhaps the perps got lost and circled around the loop there and perhaps she jumped from the vehicle and ran??? That would explain her being shot "multiple times" with blood on the side of the road, and then her body being found in the middle of the road - if she were then chased and shot up close after having run. I want these guys caught SO bad I can taste it. I hate them. :furious:

just to correct, the area involved isn't really rural, it's small town; the area she was shot in is actually a very uppercrust part of town, and all the areas involved are quite close to downtown Chapel Hill and to the major highway running through town.
I too think the perps may have been looking for an off-road, isolated site (to kill or assault Eve) when they stumbled down the side road that led to spot where she was killed -- and yes, I too think she may have realized what was about to happen, made a run from the vehicle, and that's when she was shot --- it's the only way I can make any sense of certain things, but still pure speculation. I know LE has their reasons but it's a bit maddening that they're not releasing more of the actual timeline of various things, which might then generate more ideas from local folks.
I'll assume it's appropriate to mention this here (if not let me know), the Univ. of N. Carolina is taking contributions for an Eve Carson memorial fund. Any donations (made out to "Eve Marie Carson Memorial Fund") can be sent to:

Carolina
PO Box 309
Chapel Hill, NC. 27514

or you can go to the University website and find a link to donate online. She is going to be dearly remembered for a very long time...

Oh, this is excellent news to wake up too. He looks kind of like the guy in the ATM pics, but it's a bad angle to judge. Hair in cornrows.

I'm praying he confesses.

Oh what wonderful news!!!! I'm so glad. Now I'm off to read the links.

I'm having trouble watching the newscast. However, I did notice he changed his hair.

NC Wanted's site is also reporting an arrest, and will probably be a good source of information as the story develops:

"ORANGE COUNTY: Sources confirmed to NC WANTED that Durham police have detained a person of interest in the murder of UNC student body president Eve Carson.
Durham officials turned the man over to police in Chapel Hill, where he is currently being questioned.
The man's name has not yet been released, and sources tell NC WANTED that this man has not been formally charged."

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/2561385/

There will be a presser:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2811/story/996486.html

"Chapel Hill Police Chief Bryan Curran declined to confirm the reports, but he said a news conference was planned this morning. The timing of the news conference "depends on how things go inside the building," Curran said."

Do you think he will confess? From the pictures, he definitely looks like the guy in the second convenience store photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member