Book released by Defense Attorney, Nov 2015 #2

BBM

But it sounds like attorneys are saying that he did divulge things that were privileged info and did break the bar association rules. I have no way of knowing whether he did or didn't, but experts seem to think he crossed the line. I would think Nurmi would know how far he could go. I wish one of our WS attorneys would chime in on this.
Not sure specifically what they say is a violation. It may be something a court has to decide.

Agree with Nurmi or not, he isn't stupid. And he IS a lawyer. I hope he had his own council before making this decision. Much like the wails and teeth gnashing coming from Scott Peterson supporters, I think it's just noise. Doesn't change anything.

JA is a vile little psycho, and it's ***still*** game over for her.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

If KN was going to write a book, I wish he'd written a different kind of a book. I do think it's an important concept that defense lawyers can be traumatized by their clients and that the trauma must escalate exponentially in a case where the attorney is required to stay on and is helpless to do a whole lot about his/her situation.

KN is certainly not the only one this has happened to (although the years...gosh). It really might have been helpful to his profession if he had taken "defense attorney trauma" full on in an academic way, highlighting a variety of cases along with his own experience.

This would put the focus on the subject "attorneys as trauma victims", rather than "Nurmi breaks client's confidentiality". He might even have had the support of the bar for this kind of topic.

Sounds like there's a potential audience for such a book. That means one or more of you prolific posters can get crackin' and write this very book after researching some background material. Nurmi wrote the book he wanted to write, but that doesn't preclude anyone else from writing a book focused on another aspect.

Folks, Nurmi knows the murder was premeditated. He cannot publicly state otherwise. There are certain things he can say and get away with. This is not one of them.

Trapped with Ms. Arias
Back on Chapters 32/33 at this time:

Thank you so much for this. One thing I must comment on is how contradictory Nurmi is! Jodi is so manipulative, he sees how she treats and manipulates her parents/grandparents/siblings, he sees her throw a crying temper tantrum in an attempt to manipulate him and he imagines how she tortured her parents in the same way as a child, he realizes she was a troubled child, was mean to animals...everybody hates Jodi...yet Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis was flawed because there was some lack of BPD traits in childhood? Am I reading this wrong or is that the gist? I think he's become Jodi and his back and forth, changing angles, OK for me but not for thee, I'm a victim mindset shows he probably despises her so much because he has the same faults. JMO, but tell me where I'm wrong...

Trapped With Ms. Arias

Chapter 35

This is Your Brain on Jodi

L talks about "this is your brain on drugs" because he called the murderer "Jodi"

"take the egg but do not crack it, smash the egg into the pan, shell and all....find some fecal matter, throw it into the pan, add a chopped up dead rat and scramble the whole mess up. Once completely cooked this concoction would approximate the effect Ms. Arias would have on my brain"

L states- every time he left jail after meetings, he was "exhausted...brain was mush"- phone conversations too

L talks about a theory he heard a "pundit offer this theory about" the murderer on TV program (doesn't remember who)- L thinks theory is "highly insightful"

-the theory: murderer "had abilities like those of a cult leader...she possessed a unique ability to convince people that she was telling the truth, without actual proof, simply because she was the person saying it" (pg. 204)

L talks about Donovan being one of the cult members and others: a reporter tried to see the murderer while in jail to interview her, but couldn't- he did speak to several women who were her "pod mates" who "almost universally" supported the murderer- holding up signs "Free Jodi"....a few asserted her innocence"

"That power can still be seen today by looking at a web page that asserts the innocence of Ms. Arias. Yes, even several months after the trial Ms. Arias' followers are still drinking the Kool-aid. She is that good" (pg. 205)
================================================== ==========

I do believe that shout out goes to Troy Hayden of Fox10 Phoenix. When I attended the sentencing retrial, I got to know some of the media peeps. You could not help but like Troy. Handsome, friendly, professional - and couldn't WAIT to never have to do another Jodi story ever again!!!

Love all the comments from everyone - we have some very wise and eloquent posters here.

I just will not forgive Nurmi for the *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored* accusations that I had to sit through in that courtroom. He wanted to focus on the sex alright. But sure didn't want the jury to get the idea that Jodi was just as into kinking up TA's sex life as well. The jury figured it out - no matter how many times Alyce told them not to get distracted. In fact, I loved watching that clip because Juan, bless his heart, just let her say it, and say it, because he knew that the willing, dirty, sexy Jodi WAS part of the damn DYNAMIC she kept harping about and her need to sway the jury away from it, only solidified it for them.

Nurmi did not win. He got lucky that one juror had an agenda and hung. He got lucky. All of his self aggrandizing planning was lost on 11 reasonable people imo.

Sorry you got cancer dude. Travis got butchered. So many have suffered because of Jodi. Deal with it...or perhaps take your own advice you gave Sky and get help. But stop blaming Juan FGS. Your means to and end is OK, but his isn't? Facts are stubborn things - and the fact is, he's a better lawyer every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Ziggy, agree. If he brought up the *advertiser censored* and other lies about Travis up once..ok. But he went on and on and on. Tormenting the Alexanders. Hard to forgive him or understand him for that

snip

So when JM methodically explained to the jury point by point exactly why Jodi was eligible for the death penalty, he was what... wrong? These things didn't apply in this case? Or he was mistaken about any specifics of the Arizona death penalty? He really didn't seem like he needed any motivation outside of the laws of the state. (Sorry, can't find a clip.)

Right?
But beyond nurmi's nonsense, that crazy woman tried to cut Travis's head off. That alone should be DP criteria. Who cuts off someone's head in a self defense situation, or even a crime of passion? Only an evil monster that should be "eradicated".( one of Jodi's favorite words)
Seems to me beheadings or the attemp thereof should qualify for the DP. Just my opinion. Why is this never mentioned?

Jodi Arias Prosecutor, Defense Attorney Battle Again – In Books About the Infamous Case
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...gain-in-books-about-the-infamous-case-7820643

For more than 11 months, prosecutor Juan Martinez and defense attorney Kirk Nurmi clashed during the trials of convicted boyfriend murderer Jodi Arias.
Now the two lawyers are sparring once again in conflicting books about the case.

Martinez’s book,Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars, is set to be published in January by William Morrow.

And Nurmi self-published his,Trapped with Ms. Arias, this week on Amazon.

Book released by Defense Attorney, Nov 2015 #1

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

Wow ... I just saw this thread ... but can someone please update me on the status of Juan's book ? :tyou:

:juanettes: Juan's book is a must read ... :juanettes:

:seeya:

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

Wow ... I just saw this thread ... but can someone please update me on the status of Juan's book ? :tyou:

:juanettes: Juan's book is a must read ... :juanettes:

:seeya:

Still due to be released Feb 16 according to Amazon.

:seeya: I found an update on Juan's book ... Wow, I can't wait to read it !

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

:seeya: I found an update on Juan's book ... Wow, I can't wait to read it !

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

I can't wait to read Juan's book either. I'm hoping that the release date will be sooner than February 16 though.

I can't wait to read Juan's book either. I'm hoping that the release date will be sooner than February 16 though.

:seeya: That would be :great: IF Juan's book comes out sooner.

Question: Can his book be pre-ordered ? If so, who has the fastest delivery ... :hilarious: !

:tyou:

:seeya: That would be :great: IF Juan's book comes out sooner.

Question: Can his book be pre-ordered ? If so, who has the fastest delivery ... :hilarious: !

:tyou:

I pre-ordered from Amazon. I have in the past for other books and I've gotten them delivered on release day. Hope it's the same for Juan's book!

I pre-ordered from Amazon. I have in the past for other books and I've gotten them delivered on release day. Hope it's the same for Juan's book!

:seeya: Thanks, IfIMay !

I have used Amazon a few times, so I will get ordering !

:happydance::happydance:

Back on Chapters 32/33 at this time:

Thank you so much for this. One thing I must comment on is how contradictory Nurmi is! Jodi is so manipulative, he sees how she treats and manipulates her parents/grandparents/siblings, he sees her throw a crying temper tantrum in an attempt to manipulate him and he imagines how she tortured her parents in the same way as a child, he realizes she was a troubled child, was mean to animals...everybody hates Jodi...yet Dr. DeMarte's diagnosis was flawed because there was some lack of BPD traits in childhood? Am I reading this wrong or is that the gist? I think he's become Jodi and his back and forth, changing angles, OK for me but not for thee, I'm a victim mindset shows he probably despises her so much because he has the same faults. JMO, but tell me where I'm wrong...

BBM - I agree completely - seems as if Nurmi tried to make points, then completely contradicts himself. If Dr DeMarte was wrong, then JA is not a 'mentally ill young lady' - (which he says she is, over and over again).
If Nurmi standing in CMJA's bedroom in Yreka, felt he was standing in the very room she planned the murder, then the murder is very much premeditated... etc, etc, etc.

I could go on, but you get the point, Facts ARE stubborn things, as he is so fond of pointing out - if only he knew what it meant, lol! IMO, JMO, MOO

:bump:

Bumping this thread up from the bowels since it appears there will be much to talk about soon.

So, once Nurmi is officially disbarred, does the attorney-client policy go away? Can we assume that he did the math and he can make more off of writing the truth of what happened during the years he was cuffed to JA than he can in a courtroom?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back