NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure i'm looking at the video right, but doesn't it look like he has a cut on his face? I'm guessing he struggled and if he isn't walking right i'm sure the reason isn't drugs, but a few kicks to the legs. Hope they got in some good ones!!

Hats off to LE and to whoever turned him in.....IF that is how they found him. We don't know from what the idiots kept trying to use the ATM card right up until recently! It will be interesting to see what lead to the arrest - assuming this is the guy of course. Sure looks like him to me. LE has done a nice job of providing public information in the form of pictures, etc.

Yeah, he does look a little beat up. A flashbang is a grenade, and when it goes off it does something like makes this really big light followed by a loud noise that disorients the guy - it essentially temporarily blinds and deafens him.

This guy is in for it. I hope his little week-long crime spree was worth it.

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-03-12-0006.html

(snip)
A source tells NBC17 that police believe the man in custody is the man shown in the surveillance photos as the suspect tried to use Carson's debit card at an ATM machine. The man was arrested in a raid in the Rosedale Avenue area in Durham.

Officials have not commented on the latest developments. A press conference is expected to take place today, but a time has yet to be announced.
Map of arrest area:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....985125,-78.922391&spn=0.023579,0.040083&z=15

I wonder if this is the same guy who the ex-girlfriend was pointing out in the missing interview a few days ago. Would be interesting to see if this was him!!

Yeah, he does look a little beat up. A flashbang is a grenade, and when it goes off it does something like makes this really big light followed by a loud noise that disorients the guy - it essentially temporarily blinds and deafens him.

This guy is in for it. I hope his little week-long crime spree was worth it.

Did you see how LE was handling him??? Like they were disgusted with him. Pulling him out of the car. I LOVED it!!!:clap:

Hats off to LE and to whoever turned him in.....IF that is how they found him. We don't know from what the idiots kept trying to use the ATM card right up until recently! It will be interesting to see what lead to the arrest - assuming this is the guy of course. Sure looks like him to me. LE has done a nice job of providing public information in the form of pictures, etc.

I agree with you ... that's how you solve a crime!

Withholding important video and photos from the public is NOT the way to involve the public and generate leads to solve a case.

In this case LE has shown how it takes everyone's involvement and awareness to catch the criminals that prey on our loved ones.

Good job in NC. I wish the rest of the country would take notice.

I agree, they did a very good job. Let's hope they can finish it up and give this guy what he deserves.

The man in the convienence store photos was holding his right hand up to his left shoulder. It looked to me like his left side was somewhat disabled, or perhaps he was trying to hide a recognizable patch on the front of his jacket. The suspect arrested is wearing a jacket with a distinctive crown patch on the left breast pocket.

Please continue to keep the Carson family in your thoughts and prayers. :blowkiss:

The man in the convienence store photos was holding his right hand up to his left shoulder. It looked to me like his left side was somewhat disabled, or perhaps he was trying to hide a recognizable patch on the front of his jacket. The suspect arrested is wearing a jacket with a distinctive crown patch on the left breast pocket.

Please continue to keep the Carson family in your thoughts and prayers. :blowkiss:

If so, this might be the reason he was driving her car and not the one possibly holding Eve down in the back.

Good job in NC. I wish the rest of the country would take notice.

Yea.....like Reno, NV and the Brianna Denison case. That case is just so dang frustrating.... With so many victims surviving the perp in that case, it just seems like there has to be something else LE could share with the public that would help lead to an arrest. The guy in Reno is a ticking time bomb! (Sorry, I don't intend to hijack this thread, but the Brianna case is another one that is keeping me up at night). :confused:

I wonder if that crown patch on the left breast pocket is the same reflection some of us see in the back seat ATM photo.

I wonder if that crown patch on the left breast pocket is the same reflection some of us see in the back seat ATM photo.

I was thinking the same thing. That maybe that's the jacket we've been seeing. Maybe he's the guy from the back seat. Because I'm convinced that there are 2 perps.

"CHAPEL HILL - According to a news report from WNCN NBC-17 and WCHL radio at around 9:45am, Chapel Hill Police have made a possible arrest in the Eve Carson murder case. .......The Chapel Hill Police are expected to make an announcement later this afternoon."

If they made an arrest around 9:45 am, then maybe they got him to confess, or they found enough evidence to make the arrest. That sounds hopeful to me....

http://tinyurl.com/2lnxer

I was thinking the same thing. That maybe that's the jacket we've been seeing. Maybe he's the guy from the back seat. Because I'm convinced that there are 2 perps.

I think it's a different jacket. The one in the vid has lots of gold trim while the one in the convenience store pic doesn't appear to have any trim.

Been lurkin', decided to start posting.

"CHAPEL HILL - According to a news report from WNCN NBC-17 and WCHL radio at around 9:45am, Chapel Hill Police have made a possible arrest in the Eve Carson murder case. .......The Chapel Hill Police are expected to make an announcement later this afternoon."

If they made an arrest around 9:45 am, then maybe they got him to confess, or they found enough evidence to make the arrest. That sounds hopeful to me....

http://tinyurl.com/2lnxer

I don't think the arrest was made at 9:45 a.m. In the news coverage it was still dark out. They probably got him out of bed.

I don't think the arrest was made at 9:45 a.m. In the news coverage it was still dark out. They probably got him out of bed.

I've dealt with those types before. You could hit the house at noon and still get them out of bed. They're often exhausted from a long night of robbing and killing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get