GUILTY NV - O.J. Simpson charged in Las Vegas armed robbery, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life plus thirteen years.

Thirteen years he spent completing the destruction of those poor kids' lives.

Yup, Life + 13 would do it for me.

Susan

The look on his face when they said guilty was priceless! So different from the other trial. He should have been in prison all this time. I think all of his lawyers knew he was guilty in the first trial. The jury did too, but acquitted him anyway. It is about time he is held accountable for his actions.

:woohoo:

Hallo All,

Did anyone have the opportunity to hear Yale Galanter being interviewed last evening after the verdict was read, outside the courthouse? I was watching the interview via the LasVegasNow.com stream.

I can't remember exactly how it went and I sure wish I had a recording of it. I don't know whether Yale brought it up, or the person doing the interview did. Somehow the "13" bit came up. I believe that Yale mentioned not only the 13 years, BUT I believe that he also brought up 13 hours of deliberation. He then said something to the effect that "there must be a higher power at work." Did anyone else hear that besides me? I could hardly believe my ears that "he," in particular, said that.

At anyrate, here is an article on the verdict and there is a video of OJ hearing them as they were read:

From the article:
>>Here is a breakdown of the counts for O.J. Simpson and C.J. Stewart:
Count 1 - Conspiracy to Commit a Crime (Gross Misdemeanor) - Guilty
Count 2 - Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping - Guilty
Count 3 - Conspiracy to Commit Robbery - Guilty
Count 4 - Burglary While in Possession of Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 5 - First Degree Kidnapping With Use of a Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 6 - First Degree Kidnapping With Use of a Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 7 - Robbery With Use of a Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 8 - Robbery With Use of a Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 9 - Assault With a Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 10 - Assault With a Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 11 - Coercion With Use of a Deadly Weapon - Guilty
Count 12 - Coercion With Use of a Deadly Weapon - Guilty<<

The article also says:
>>As the verdict was read, Simpson looked very solemn and there were some sobs in the courtroom. Simpson's sister, Carmelita Durio, and his daughter have been in the courtroom during the trial. Medics were called to assist Durio after she collapsed.

Judge Jackie Glass refused to give the lawyers extended time to file a motion for a new trial, which under Nevada law must be filed within seven days.

The verdict will be rebroadcast on Las Vegas ONE, Channel 19 at Saturday at 2:30 a.m., 5:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.<<

VIVA LAS VEGAS! i.e. VIVA the jurors who brought justice.

Edited: If anyone can find a video where Mr. Galanter says what I know I heard (but maybe in other words) OR a quote in a news article, can you please post the link to the video or statement?

I can't over how dumb OJ was to do what he did in trying to get that stuff back. I really can't. Why did he do that?! I don't know but now I'm glad he was an idiot!

I agree, why would he do something like that? How stupid. After all didn't he realize that most people don't like him and they won't be showing him any mercy. hehe I know if I were on the juror, I would have convicted him even if he was innocent on this one. Nicole and Ron would have been my reason.

th_yes-1.gif

th_CA9TZBUK.gif

Thankfully the evidence in this case was very, very clear and very, very abundant. This jury, unlike the jury in the murder trial, made their decision based on the evidence before them.

I hope this verdict offers both the Brown and the Goldman families some measure of peace.

The Brown family has probably held this in as much as they could because of the kids. I am sure BOTH families exhaled last night/this morning, for the first time in 13 years. I cannot even begin to fathom the pain they've experienced all these years.

Don't know about "karma," but I DO know that Whatsoever a man soweth the same shall he REAP. And even 13 years (minimum) would be for OJ essentially life.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

13 years to the day!

After the arrest last year, I saw former LAPD detective Tom Lange on TV and he said that Simpson was a threat to kill again in that he has a tendency to blow up in anger. This verdict should prevent that from happening.

My own opinion from the 1994 murders was that Simpson did it on the spur of the moment. I believe he was outside his ex-wife's apartment spying on her when Ron Goldman showed up to deliver the glassses. Simpson thought Goldman came to have sex with Nicole with O.J.'s kids in the house. There was a confrontation and Simpson killed the two victims. One of the witnesses, Robert Heidstra, testified that he heard "two loud voices, one sounded like a black man." Then he saw a vehicle that "looked like a Bronco" drive off.

Is he likely to get out on an appeal bond? I think our ex-gov Ryan was able to get out of his sentence for a year or 18 months. Since he's elderly, that's time that's not likely to be served.

No he was denied that last night.

I am overjoyed at this verdict. Sweet Justice...sweet, sweet justice.

Have the Goldmans or Browns made any public statements? Mark Fuhrman? I would be interested in hearing what they have to say. What about Marcia Clark? Lance Ito? Anyone heard from them?
I surfed around the net a little this morning looking for statements but didn't find any.

:behindbar: Finally, he is where he belongs.

Oh, I believe we will most likely be hearing from the Goldmans.....soon.

I don't expect the Browns to comment (except maybe Denise!), as they have kept their silence all these years.

The idiots who prosecuted him and the cops who screwed up the investigation so many years ago, I could care less to hear from them. :furious:

All I can say is, that it is about time. I have waited for 13 years to see his butt behind bars. I was so worried the jury would repeat what happened the last time. And at his age, no matter the amount of time he is given, unless the judge goes really lenient it is going to be a life sentence.

Sorry OJ, if it fits, we can't acquit!

One of the Presidential candidates should promise to make today National O.J. Found Guilty day and make it a federal holiday, he'd win in a landslide, LOL!

After the arrest last year, I saw former LAPD detective Tom Lange on TV and he said that Simpson was a threat to kill again in that he has a tendency to blow up in anger. This verdict should prevent that from happening.

My own opinion from the 1994 murders was that Simpson did it on the spur of the moment. I believe he was outside his ex-wife's apartment spying on her when Ron Goldman showed up to deliver the glassses. Simpson thought Goldman came to have sex with Nicole with O.J.'s kids in the house. There was a confrontation and Simpson killed the two victims. One of the witnesses, Robert Heidstra, testified that he heard "two loud voices, one sounded like a black man." Then he saw a vehicle that "looked like a Bronco" drive off.

I agree that he seems to turn to violence too easily to resolve conflicts. He is a danger to society. He's gotten away with allegedly beating the heck out of his g/f just like he did Nicole. Add to that this situation and he is clearly violent.

Have the Goldmans or Browns made any public statements? Mark Fuhrman? I would be interested in hearing what they have to say. What about Marcia Clark? Lance Ito? Anyone heard from them?
I surfed around the net a little this morning looking for statements but didn't find any.

Mr. Goldman said a couple weeks ago that OJ should be tried solely on this crime, and not what happened before, or it further proves the justice system is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member