GUILTY MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #11

Doug Stewart guilty of murdering Venus Stewart
Published: Friday, March 11, 2011, 11:21 AM Updated: Friday, March 11, 2011, 11:34 AM
Rex Hall Jr. | Kalamazoo Gazette By Rex Hall Jr. | Kalamazoo Gazette

CENTREVILLE — Doug Stewart is guilty of murdering Venus Stewart.

The jury in the Doug Stewart trial weighed the evidence they were given in the case for about four hours before its foreman stood and delivered the verdict Friday.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/03/doug_stewart_of_murdering_venu.html

Obligatory Moo- Yes! I've been waiting for this smug murderer to get his due.

(Edited this post to add a clip from the article)

RIP Venus, justice has been served

Seconds after the verdict:

guiltyverdict.jpg

After the verdict, he didn't speak to his attorneys. He didn't thank them. He said NOTHING and then as soon as his bail was revoked, he got up and walked out, followed by the deputies.

It appeared that no Stewart family members were present for the verdict, just as it appeared that none were present for the trial.

Though this is a sad day, in that a jury has now declared that Venus is dead (I think most of us already felt that), it's also a great day because B and R will never be at risk of being in that monster's hands again.

Also, when the jury left the room, everyone else stood as is protocol, and Doug remained seated with Jeffrey Schroder.

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how he handles sentencing... he didn't handle the verdict that well. But what would you expect from an arrogant, smug jerk like him.

Doug Stewart, you are a bumbling idiot. And I thank God for that. Without your many mistakes and assumptions, investigators probably wouldn't have been able to charge, much less, convict you. But your arrogance was your undoing.

Thank You, God! So happy to see justice for Venus! Thanks to those of you who were updating!

Really, what kind of defense could he put on? This case is as solid as any I can ever remember. I can't even think of anything the defense could say. I don't see how it could take the jury very long to decide.

But I can't picture a time when he will ever tell where Venus is...

It's like the recent Patrick Gonzalez Jr trial, he was convicted of killing Byrd and Melanie Billings, the couple who adopted all the special needs children in Pensacola Florida. In that case there was even more damning evidence than in this one, a co-conspirator who was at the murder scene gave detailed testimony that matched video surveillance footage from inside the Billings' house. Patrick Gonzalez called his attorney incompetent for putting up a half-hearted defense but there was literally nothing he could do.

These are the moments that make me truly feel how senseless these crimes are. The mother is dead and the father is imprisoned with no doubt he did it. Just senseless.

Thanks so much for the trial updates yall! I've been out of town for a week. I'm actually in the middle of a 12 hour trip from Orlando back home to Baton Rouge as we speak. Yuck!

Just wanted to let y'all know, you are appreciated!!!!

Going back to read.

OMG!!!!!
Guilty!!!!!!
:woohoo:

Great news!!!!
Justice for Venus!

Now, tell us where she is DOUG!!!!

Finally, some justice for Venus. Now if only her remains could be found to give her a proper burial. :rose:

Can he appeal this? I'm afraid to let my breath out because what if this isn't the end?

I'm really surprised that his family wasn't in court today. Glad for Venus' family but surprised. They seemed to be strong supporters in the beginning. I'm just glad they weren't there to add to the McComb's grief while listening to the horrid details. Still not so sure that Venus isn't buried on the Stewart's parents property and a few of them know it.

I'm happy with the jury's verdict but can't help but feel sad all the way around for all the innocent people/children involved. I hope this gives Venus' family some kind of peace and this allows the healing process to begin. Now, let there be a shining star bring light to where Venus is buried.

Yay!!! This is great news. Too much to hope he'll say where she is, I suppose. :(

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/mich-1388389-newschannel-county.html

They say the fingerprint of Stewart's on the tarp wrapper found at Venus' parents' home was the most important piece of evidence, but Stewart's accomplice Ricky Spencer was certainly the most important witness.

Just 21 years old when he took the stand and admitted to being Stewart's partner in crime, Ricky Spencer could have been seen in many unflattering ways, but that's not how he came across to jurors.

“We felt so bad for him,” said juror Dianne Downs.

Jurors said they didn't see Spencer as a criminal at all.

“He's a baby you know,” said juror Dawne Harrison, “and now this choice that he's made has not only affected him, but it's affected all of us too.”

Wow ! Only three hours to convict !

Justice for Venus !!!

images

Sorry, but I do not agree with the jurors who felt sorry for Ricky Spencer! He is not a baby, he is an adult. He knew the plan beforehand and not only did he not say anything, he participated!!!!
Had he said something, Venus would most likely still be alive to be the Mother of those girls.

IMO he should be in the cell right next to Doug.

Sorry, but I do not agree with the jurors who felt sorry for Ricky Spencer! He is not a baby, he is an adult. He knew the plan beforehand and not only did he not say anything, he participated!!!!
Had he said something, Venus would most likely still be alive to be the Mother of those girls.

IMO he should be in the cell right next to Doug.

I agree with you. Not a child - this was someone who knew right from wrong. WTF was he thinking? How in the hello was any of Doug's grand plan ok in any sense?

Pfffft.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa