Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #6 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The uncle is on the Today Show. He thinks they were involved in something bigger. He is glad DT is alive.

The one confusing thing to me is LE said during the presser that he was pretty weakened when they got to him, probably due to injuries he sustained in the shootout with his brother.

But yet he had enough strength to engage LE when they showed up at the boat? I'm wondering how he didn't get further wounded (or killed) from the shots that were fired last night.

Did you see this picture taken from the helicopter? Doesn't look weak to me.(First picture after article)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ect-Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-boat.html#ixzz2QynyNdUR

Another question to ponder, I understand that they could have gotten materials to make bombs on their own,but where did they get guns? Did they have permits or were they obtained illegally and if so,from who? That will be an angle LE has to pursue. What are the gun laws in Mass. like? Do they do background checks. I wonder if the fact that Terrorist #1 was investigated by FBI would have shown up?

I thought the reports were they dragged/physically removed him from the boat, not that he got out on his own power. He had very little movement when they finally got him out.

Photo shows him getting out on his own.

Another question to ponder, I understand that they could have gotten materials to make bombs on their own,but where did they get guns? Did they have permits or were they obtained illegally and if so,from who? That will be an angle LE has to pursue. What are the gun laws in Mass. like? Do they do background checks. I wonder if the fact that Terrorist #1 was investigated by FBI would have shown up?

19 year old was a US citizen with a clean record. Therefore, presumably could buy all the guns he wanted. Terrorist suspect #1 was investigated by FBI but they decided he was clean, so, even if that showed up, what difference would it make?

I think illegally obtained... perhaps why the uncle thinks they are a part of something bigger?
The 19 yo was a citizen the 26 year old was not...
moo

Video of the uncle on the Today Show. I feel kind of bad for him. :(

Uncle: Mentors 'radicalized' older Boston bombing suspect
The uncle of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects told TODAY Saturday that he believes Dzhokar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev were pawns in a deadly scheme.

"I strongly believe they were just puppets and executors of something of bigger scale," Ruslan Tsarni told Savannah Guthrie.

He said Dzhokar, the younger of the brothers, was "used by his older brother. He’s just another victim of his older brother. He victimized others, but he’s been used by his older brother."

http://www.today.com/news/uncle-mentors-radicalized-older-boston-bombing-suspect-6C9529666

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57580552/boston-marathon-bomb-suspect-in-custody-after-standoff/

Miller reports a Watertown man who had been observing the lockdown came out for the first time late Friday and saw a tear in the tarp that covers his boat. He climbed up and looked inside. What he said in a later 911 call was "there's a bloody mess in there."

Three Boston police officers responded and they climbed up and looked in there and they said they saw somebody moving. They backed away and called for tactical teams.

They said something popped up out of the tear in the tarp and opened fire and they returned fire. The incident commander then called for a ceasefire so they could set up a perimeter.

Video of the uncle on the Today Show. I feel kind of bad for him. :(

Uncle: Mentors 'radicalized' older Boston bombing suspect
The uncle of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects told TODAY Saturday that he believes Dzhokar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev were pawns in a deadly scheme.

"I strongly believe they were just puppets and executors of something of bigger scale," Ruslan Tsarni told Savannah Guthrie.

He said Dzhokar, the younger of the brothers, was "used by his older brother. He’s just another victim of his older brother. He victimized others, but he’s been used by his older brother."

http://www.today.com/news/uncle-mentors-radicalized-older-boston-bombing-suspect-6C9529666

What bigger scheme? And that would be the same uncle that denied that Chechnya and Islam had anything to do with this.

A 19 year old cannot legally obtain firearms in Mass...
New LTC applicants must be 21 years of age or older to obtain a Class “A” or Class “B” permit.

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/education/hed/hed_gun_laws.htm

"New LTC applicants must be 21 years of age or older to obtain a Class “A” or Class “B” permit."

They had semi automatic weapons from what I recall.

What bigger scheme? And that would be the same uncle that denied that Chechnya and Islam had anything to do with this.

There are 2 uncles that have spoken out.
One had nothing to do with the family.

moo

Final shootout, then Boston bombing suspect caught

EILEEN SULLIVAN, AP
1 hour ago

WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) — For just a few minutes, it seemed as if the dragnet that had shut down a metropolitan area of millions while legions of police went house to house looking for the suspected Boston Marathon bomber had failed.

Weary officials lifted a daylong order that had kept residents in their homes, saying it was fruitless to keep an entire city locked down. Then one man emerged from his home and noticed blood on the pleasure boat parked in his backyard. He lifted the tarp and found the wounded 19-year-old college student known the world over as Suspect No. 2.

Soon after that, the 24-hour drama that paralyzed a city and transfixed a nation was over...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles...US-Boston-Marathon-Explosions/?cid=hero_media

Okay I signed off around 8 last night and couldn't get on this morning so I am behind on the details.

Question -- did they shoot him AFTER they found him in the boat or had he been there bleeding out for a day or so? I thought there was a lot of gunfire around the time they found him.

19 year old was a US citizen with a clean record. Therefore, presumably could buy all the guns he wanted. Terrorist suspect #1 was investigated by FBI but they decided he was clean, so, even if that showed up, what difference would it make?

What difference does it make? If obtained illegally,isn't it important to know who they got them from? Maybe they were supplied by a larger cell?
I don't know how things are fagged in the gun background check thing,but maybe if Terrorist #1 was flagged,FBI might have said,hey we were looking at this guy for possible extremist ties and he was cleared,but maybe we should give him a 2nd look.

It is refreshing to see the family so willing to talk (and apparently they do like to talk!).

Compare that to the older brother's wife's family who says nothing and hides their faces. She says NOTHING??? How could she have NO CLUE?

No, it's Uncle Raslan, the one who condemned their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan