Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

All they needed was to show that video of MR LE interview. It was so telling, far to relaxed, never gave eye contact and was combative.

Well tomorrow is my birthday ... Maybe god will give me a gift and allow the jury to see what I couldn't ... Maybe tomorrow they will find him guilty of 1st degree ... If not at least 2nd degree ... I hope the guards put him in general population by accident, here you go boys ... A new toy, don't break him, don't kill him but he is yours to play with for a long long time.

Wishing you that special gift Tahorn.

Happy Birthday to you !!

SB

Monsters isn't quite the word I had in mind.

Been reading everything I missed today. Haven't been posting because I'm having a hard time finding words that won't get me booted off here.

This is the exact type of case that deserves the death penalty. People like this have no place in society. I'm with Rodney. I want to see him fry.

I just can't believe the computer forensics weren't allowed as evidence.

I wonder if his defence sleeps at night.

I hope he gets to experience daily the exact horror Tori did that day.

I go back and forth between the death penalty thing and I don't see the DP as a deterrent or punishment. Leaving them in a tiny cell to rot away and think about what they did to their victims, for the rest of their pathetic lives IMHO is more punishment. Life should be life. General population would be best. Have them live in fear everyday, looking over their shoulder and wonder who might attack them at any given time is deserving punishment. Death by the DP is the easy way out, done and over and they need not think about how sick minded they are anymore because they are dead. Of course this is just all my honest opinion. Also some consider the amount of money wasted to house these freaks. Well it can be pretty costly for all the appeals and court costs, legal representation and such that incur during all the appeals time and time again over the course of the years it all plays out. MOO

I keep thinking about MR's mom saying "his story will come out".

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the story she was expecting. I wonder if we'll ever see her in the media again.

I hope it's ok to post that. I'm not bashing her and if she just discovered this info along with the rest of us, then I truly feel horrible for the shock she must be in.

Do we know whether the families would've already been privy to this info?

I feel confident that the jury will come to the conclusion of guilty on all counts. I had many doubts at the beginning of this trial as to what really happened that horrible day. Those doubts slowly began to fade, and I think the videos of the detention centre visits was what really started turning my opinion on MR. I myself and I think maybe others wanted to hold on to the possibility that Tori did not have to suffer through a violent sexual assault before being brutally murdered. I hoped she had suffered as little as possible and it was not about MR, it was about Tori that I wanted to believe he was not an evil sick child predator. With the information out now, I have no doubt whatsoever and it is just heart breaking. I wish like all that the jury could have heard such compelling evidence that we are now, but I still think they have heard and seen enough. They will do the right thing and MR will spend his life in jail. There can never be enough justice for crimes against children, never. All I can hope is that there a special place with endless suffering reserved for those who do these things in the afterlife.

I want to thank each and everyone of you who have so contributed your opinions and thoughts so passionately in this forum from beginning to end. Things may get heated and feathers ruffled, but in the end I believe we are all here for Tori. She is what first brought me here to this wonderful site. She drew me here and I followed the stories of other little angels gone way to soon, Somer Thompson, Zarha Baker two angels whose stories I would probly never would have known about if I had not discovered Websleuths. All of their stories have touched my life and opened my eyes to many things.

Rest in Peace Tori sweet angel, they will not be able to ever hurt another innocent child again.

Welcome and thank you for coming off the fence Dar and Tahorn :D I hope you blow out your candles and make that birthday wish justice for Tori. Happy Birthday Tahorn and many more.

OMG!!! a 7yr old?? I couldnt get past the first one because of my connection at home but I will look at work tomorrow. Let me know if you have more info.

Man I totally knew there was more to him and if Derstine put him on the stand he would have been crushed. He did the best he could.

I tell you one thing I could never be a defense lawyer!!!!

Smythe is good at what he does... Part of being good at interrogations might involve the odd mistruth being thrown in by LE to make the suspect think certain things, (I'm thinking there isn't a 7 year old child of MR and it was an attempt to break MR down) the entire 4 hour interview was aimed at getting a confession. It was great to watch these 3 guys play off one another trying to get him to say something stupid... One thing I caught was when MR was requesting a lawyer he started to say "so I'll know what to.....(say) then quickly caught himself and changed his wording to something like "so I'll know what's legal etc...." I can't remember the exact phrasing but something along those lines.

Unfortunately defense lawyers are a necessity, there are the odd occasion where an innocent person stands charged with a crime and the only thing between them and freedom is a good defense council. Usually the best are selective with the cases they take on. Im certain the great Gerry Spence wouldn't have touched this case with a 10 foot pole if he lived in Canada, Brian and Eddy Greenspan were not beating down a path to get it either... Someone had to do it...

I never believed she is the one that killed Tori (with the hammer), either. I can believe she may have been the one who kicked Tori. That is TLM's style of attack. She uses her hands, feet, legs, arms... a hammer is out of character for her.

Have been believed something was missing RE: the many, many, many, many women paraded into court. Especially all the single mothers. Men with an obvious preference for single mothers really raise alarms in my head. And this has just proven that my choice to remain single while I raise my child was one of the best choices I could have made to protect my daughter.

Anyway, back to TLM for a moment. Turns out she did perjure herself on the stand... she isn't the killer. That is, IMO, the only part of her testimony that was a lie.

I am disgusted.

I agree she told the truth except that part

IMO, regardless of the verdict, Judge Heeney should be held accountable to the public and required to give his reasons wrt the exlusion of the evidence.

They should put RW in charge of him lol. Can you only imagine teeheehee. He would knock the whininess right out of him. moo

omg that would be perfect...him and RW...lazy MTR ..oh my god he would wipe the floor with him moo

omg how did i miss that.....i woulda ripped it off him! That is too funny. MOO And who the devil gave him the coffee and twinkie! MOO

The first detective lol. Buttering him up ;)

Welcome and thank you for coming off the fence Dar and Tahorn :D I hope you blow out your candles and make that birthday wish justice for Tori. Happy Birthday Tahorn and many more.

what...tahorn came off the fence??? I gotta go back and see that!

I do not understand how that woman went to the police in January 2009 and that was the end of that. She did her part by going to the police. I really would like an explanation why MR was not charged.

I wonder how many other women he drugged and did things to and perhaps their children.

it seems that the gurgling sound may have been from choking TS...hence his choking preferences with other women :O(

Dear Websleuths,

For the past few weeks you have been dropping peeps like hot potatoes, shame on you for upgrading your search engine TONIGHT when we are in the middle of a big discussion, on the eve of a big verdict.

SHAME ON YOU RESPECTFULLY IMO

Errrrr....Respectfully, we are lucky to be able to have a place like this and we are not the only trial going on!

I go back and forth between the death penalty thing and I don't see the DP as a deterrent or punishment. Leaving them in a tiny cell to rot away and think about what they did to their victims, for the rest of their pathetic lives IMHO is more punishment. Life should be life. General population would be best. Have them live in fear everyday, looking over their shoulder and wonder who might attack them at any given time is deserving punishment. Death by the DP is the easy way out, done and over and they need not think about how sick minded they are anymore because they are dead. Of course this is just all my honest opinion. Also some consider the amount of money wasted to house these freaks. Well it can be pretty costly for all the appeals and court costs, legal representation and such that incur during all the appeals time and time again over the course of the years it all plays out. MOO

The sad thing is that he will likely be put with his own kind, so I think he'll be just fine in there.

Personally, I believe in an eye for an eye and he should be put through what he put Tori through. But the world would be a much better place if we would just take out the trash.

Dear Websleuths,

For the past few weeks you have been dropping peeps like hot potatoes, shame on you for upgrading your search engine TONIGHT when we are in the middle of a big discussion, on the eve of a big verdict.

SHAME ON YOU RESPECTFULLY IMO

huh? MOO

The sad thing is that he will likely be put with his own kind, so I think he'll be just fine in there.

Personally, I believe in an eye for an eye and he should be put through what he put Tori through. But the world would be a much better place if we would just take out the trash.

mmmm well RW would not be his kind....he would NOT be manipulating RW. One pinky of RW's would tie MTR in a pretzel! Be very afraid MTR, very afraid. Muhahaha, he's been to war...and he aint all there.

mmmm well RW would not be his kind....he would NOT be manipulating RW. One pinky of RW's would tie MTR in a pretzel! Be very afraid MTR, very afraid. Muhahaha, he's been to war...and he aint all there.

"he ain't all there" LOLZ ... and well ... i hear PB is pretty miffed at women now after Karla pulled her little prank of sending him down the river, so he might be one to watch out for too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back