2010.07.01 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
To read the WW article, one gets the impression that Kaine (speaking for "the family") believes he can and should control the press, kicking reporters in and out at will based on whether they are "team players" or not.

Am I the only one who finds this suspect and inappropriate?

Nope... I find it odd too! To have been so behind-the-scenes and camera shy before, they sure came out of the closet with a bang, huh? I am sure I would do whatever I thought was necessary to bring my child back home - but this is just wierd!

Nope I don't see it as wrong at all that they booted them. Both them seem to report things that are wrong at times. ( one reporting his body had been found) The other seems to wnt to report on the family drama more then on finding Kyron. Nope see no problem with it at all.

KOIN6 is the one that reported the body being found but I agree, they as a family can decide what reporters have been fair in their coverage and choose to give those reporters access to their press conference.

I hope not.LE just said she was not a suspect,POI in this case right? I strongly feel LE really needs to clear this up.I always from the beginning thought the SM and father should both be looked into and ALL other people.

I am sure they HAVE both been looked at

JMO

Bizarre indeed.
I am laughing too hard at the WW article to be able to finish typing this senten.....:rolling:

Well the fact that they used a pic from the first press conference tells me that either they are a bit ticked, OR, they just do not care what they throw up there.

Long time lurker - first post. Do you think there is a possibility there is a ransom on him? Maybe that's why they feel they *know* he's alive, but won't give any details, as to perhaps continue to protect him. JMO. I agree this is the most strange case, and I've been following it since the very beginning.

I'll step out of lurkdom to say this has crossed my mind also. The bizarre behavior by all the parties in this case make it seem like something else must be going on behind the scenes.

I hope and pray this little boy is found soon.

:waitasec: They also released new physical information about the missing child. Kryon is allergic to bees and has a strawberry birthmark in the middle of his forehead. It has faded, but shows up when he cries or gets excited.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_search_family_mem.html

Is this the first time the "bee allergy and birthmark" was mentioned?

I've never heard or read this anywhere... Great info almost 4 weeks into the search!!!

i cannot believe they waited 27 stinking days to report he's allergic to bee stings.

seroiusly? i mean seriously?

this is so messed up. maybe they forgot on day one....ok they were rattled obviously. but 27 days later?

you know i didnt like reading this case because it was heartbreaking. now i'm totally disgusted by it and everyone involved in it.

i hope wherever kyron is he is ok. he is obviously the only one i can say is free and clear of any guilt

I just don't get it...did they not see Gates bawling weeks ago, and men/women searchers dragging lakes, etc...? Are they delusional from the loss/pain, which is totally understandable?

Desiree has not seemed right since last week, when she spoke about "beginning to get scared" (after 21 days). Maybe she just cannot process any of this and Kaine is going along with her feelings.

I do hope LE will speak out soon as to the Hormans calling out Terri in such a very public way. LE has indicated that they are working closely with the Hormans-on this too??

I am just so baffled that a(nother) missing child case could turn into a soap opera before the child is even found...

"Kaine Horman and Desiree Young invited a group of Portland news organizations to Brooks Hill Historic Church across from Skyline School. The family spoke to the crowd of more than a dozen journalists from behind a table with two teddy bears and three stuffed frogs."

Major, major, media control going on here - a dozen journalists - only after they kicked out the ones they didn't like. And how about the suggestive setting/imagery? I know engineers are controlling, exact, and somewhat obsessive, but this is getting ridiculous. Deciding what media can stay based on who is being a 'team player' - this is still America isn't it?

I understand their need to think of Kyron as still being alive, but after LE has searched SI, waterways, dense, thick forests, for a month, Kyron is still alive? How about the possibility of both, dead and alive, that way people can keep their eye out in all places. moo mho
Step-dad Tony, is an LE detective - wonder how much of this has his approval?

I didn't think it was possible to be any more confused about this case...I was so totally WRONG.

Their statement eerily reminds me of the A's still believing Caylee was alive before her body was found, but sadly, I don't think anything insidious is going on here.

I mean I know they should keep up hope, but if the next thing I hear from them is "we hope he's being taken care of by a loving family", I am really going to think they are totally delusional.

And she's asking Terri to cooperate after the letter without Terri's name on it and then Kaine took Terri's child and served her with a divorce and restraining order? Like Terri is going to listen to a darn thing either of them have to say now?

I'm feeling sad for them yet totally perplexed at the same time. What the EFF is going on here?

I'll step out of lurkdom to say this has crossed my mind also. The bizarre behavior by all the parties in this case make it seem like something else must be going on behind the scenes.

I hope and pray this little boy is found soon.

I agree, something is WAYYYYY off on this case. I just can't even grasp why so much of it is a big secret, why it's such a high profile case, and why so little info is given out.

I would have thought this information would be very high on the list of details regarding Kyron, NOT a month later. :banghead:

Hard to believe we are just now (a month later) getting the information about an allergy to bees. This is all so strange. moo

Long time lurker - first post. Do you think there is a possibility there is a ransom on him? Maybe that's why they feel they *know* he's alive, but won't give any details, as to perhaps continue to protect him. JMO. I agree this is the most strange case, and I've been following it since the very beginning.

Welcome!!

I do hope they videotaped Tony as well. We need to see some of that body language.

oh, I doooo feel sorry for this family, I really do.

Is LE giving someone too much rope? I mean, c'mon already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53