TN TN - Lauryn Dickens, 9 mos, Memphis, 7 Sept 2010 - *S. Dickens guilty*

Mom has a twitter account but it's protected so can't view it.

ETA: did a quick search of her "hat" on her acct. nothing pops up under that name on social networking.

Mom has a Hi5 account with a few friends:

Attachments

• shakara's friends Hi5.jpg
    shakara's friends Hi5.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 46
  • shakara's info from Hi5.jpg
    shakara's info from Hi5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 40
CHARGES: AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE

Booked: 09/21/2010 6:04PM Dickens Shakara

http://injail.shelby-sheriff.org/ki...s00&x=185945BCD050-7E78-5004-9FBA-F582F2FA&d=

CHARGES: AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE

Here is the search: http://injail.shelby-sheriff.org/KIOSK.php

There is also another "Dickens" who was just booked on the 20th for tampering with evidence. Do we know if he is related? The baby daddy was already in jail and I don't think we know if they are married for sure do we?

Does she have brothers? This one is 10 years older than her.

Booking photo:

Attachments

• Booking.png
    Booking.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 100
Dickens had not been charged but is being held at Jail East for women for an aggravated child abuse investigation, according to court records.

In April 2009, Norfleet was driving a white Hummer H2 on Shelby Drive near Airways that police were looking for after a rash of vehicle burglaries at Southland Mall, according to court records. Dickens was a passenger in the Hummer.

Police charged him as well as her with burglary of a motor vehicle, but prosecutors later dismissed the charge against her.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/sep/22/mother-missing-baby-custody-memphis-police-investi/

Ok, I felt something was not right, but reading that cadaver dogs were brought in and made a hit, just made my heart drop to my feet. No matter how quick my brain comprehends that something isn't right, my heart and soul tends to cling to hope that things are going to be okay. My heart breaks for this child...

Rita is discussing this case on Nancy Grace now.

Ok, I felt something was not right, but reading that cadaver dogs were brought in and made a hit, just made my heart drop to my feet. No matter how quick my brain comprehends that something isn't right, my heart and soul tends to cling to hope that things are going to be okay. My heart breaks for this child...

I have a strong feeling the search will soon turn to the landfill. After seeing the "I did something and you don't know" smirk on her face from the mugshot. I pray this isn't the case but waiting 10 days to report her missing would ensure the dumpsters had been emptied at that point. Cadaver dog hits only strengthen my opinion.

Doesn't sound good at all for this precious baby girl.

<snipped>
&#8220;I had heard somebody say they had smelled a foul odor,&#8221; said Charlie Mae, &#8220;So that was brought to my attention.&#8221; Could she compare that smell to anything? &#8220;Something dead to me, you know. It doesn&#8217;t make any sense to me you know? It didn&#8217;t really make any sense to me&#8230; it really didn&#8217;t.&#8221;

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/new...le-Lauryn-Dickens/LlNqwe5n9U-PLLkQrLiA_w.cspx
(more at link)

Interesting...the above article mentions a missing person from same apartments. I found this thread on that missing person here at WS:
TN TN - Marlon Thomas - 22 years old - Memphis - June 16,2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(Although it doesn't seem to be connected, i still found it interesting...so thought I would share).

It sounds like we're not the only ones with the "bad feelings" about this beautiful baby.

<snipped> (much more at link)

Lauryn Dickens: Police Director hopes his hunch about her disappearance is wrong

FAST FACTS:

(Memphis 09/22/2010) Memphis' top cop broke the department's silence.
They say Shakara gave conflicting statements about the disappearance of her missing daughter.
When asked whether she was cooperating, Godwin responded by saying, "she's to the same story that basically she gave the child to someone else."
Homicide detectives are now investigating this case. A spokeswoman for the police department says this is still a missing person's case.

Asked about what his gut tells him after 20-years on the force, Director Larry Godwin says " I hope I'm wrong."

http://www.wreg.com/wreg-police-director-discusses-missing-girl-story,0,1867762.story

Shades of Caylee's and Gabriel's cases :( cadaver dog hits, a foul odor in the apartment and waiting days to report her missing? Doesn't sound good at all. I hate to be graphic, but her body must've been there for some time because of the smell. Saying prayers for Lauryn and for those investigators.

Poor detectives, they have hearts also...........this has to hurt deep down.

Did I hear right...........mom is 19 and has 2 children?
Her mother is raising the older child?

I heard that too Passion. They never could confirm if the 4 (or 5) yr old boy was hers but neighbors said there was one living there for a while.

Where is this child and the baby?

Rumor speculated on NG was that the Mom of Shakara took the boy for a while, I sure do hope so, but why not Lauryn too? I know money is tight especially nowadays but surely someone could have also taken Lauryn? I hope this little boy is okay too. JMHO

As soon as NG has a transcript up I'll try to link it, if someone else doesn't first.

Memphis Police Director Can't Confirm If Child Is Alive

Nine month old Lauryn Dickens has been missing for weeks. Police can't confirm her mother, Shakara Dickens, story that she gave the baby girl to a person she didn't know. It all equals to a bad feeling for Memphis' top cop.

[snip]

Shakara Dickens is behind bars. She has not been charged but police have her on a 48-hour hold for aggravated child neglect and endangerment. They say she gave conflicting statements about her daughter's disappearance.

[snip]

Now, Godwin says they are left to rely on clues, possibly found from a car seat and walker, pulled from Dickens' Raleigh Village apartment. It is the last place little Lauryn was seen.

[snip]

Shakara Dickens can be held until 5:30pm Thursday under the 48 hour hold.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-lauryn-dickens-godwin,0,7194158.story

Nine month old Lauryn Dickens has been missing for weeks. Police can't confirm her mother, Shakara Dickens, story that she gave the baby girl to a person she didn't know. It all equals to a bad feeling for Memphis' top cop.

[snip]

Shakara Dickens is behind bars. She has not been charged but police have her on a 48-hour hold for aggravated child neglect and endangerment. They say she gave conflicting statements about her daughter's disappearance.

[snip]

Now, Godwin says they are left to rely on clues, possibly found from a car seat and walker, pulled from Dickens' Raleigh Village apartment. It is the last place little Lauryn was seen.

[snip]

Shakara Dickens can be held until 5:30pm Thursday under the 48 hour hold.

Very similar case that is in the works locally to me.

IA IA - Cecilia Denise Harris, 20 months, Dubuque, Early June 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

After a few weeks of no one seeing the baby the mother is questioned and says she gave the baby to the grandmother in North Carolina when that story doesn't check out, mother changed her story to giving the child to a friend in a near by town but that story didn't check out either.

The big break in the case came when a text message was found on the mother's phone that suggested she had done harm to the child and also asking her what the foul smell was in the house along with what the mother was burning in the back yard. ""they said u told jan u did sumthin real bad n kiki said wen she went up there it smelled really bad n u wouldn't let her clean tha basement or take tha garbage out n she want to no wat u burned cuz it wasent garbage cuz its still n tha basement." It turns out there were human remains recovered in the fire pit in the back yard. Still awaiting identification of those remains to determine if they are that of Cecilia. Mother is sitting in jail on neglect charges and is scheduled for court in mid October. I'm sure those charges will be dropped and she will be charged with murder once identification is made.

I sure hope LE in this case has checked the mother's phone records and questioned everyone that she has been in contact with in the past few weeks. Also a look around the yard might be helpful too, maybe she is a copy cat killer.

FAST FACTS:
Mother Of Missing Baby Still Behind Bars
Being Held On 48 Hour Hold For Aggravated Child Neglect
Police Director Godwin Can't Confirm If Child Is Alive
danya.bacchus@wreg.com

(Memphis 09/22/2010 ) Nine month old Lauryn Dickens has been missing for weeks. Police can't confirm her mother, Shakara Dickens, story that she gave the baby girl to a person she didn't know. It all equals to a bad feeling for Memphis' top cop.

"I hope I'm wrong on this one and we find the child safely," said Memphis Police Director Larry Godwin.

Shakara Dickens is behind bars. She has not been charged but police have her on a 48-hour hold for aggravated child neglect and endangerment. They say she gave conflicting statements about her daughter's disappearance. According to police records, Dickens told police she gave her daughter to a stranger on September 7th. she says the woman claimed to be a friend of her daughter's father, 19-year old Benjamin Norfleet. He's behind bars for breaking into cars. Director Godwin says time isn't on their side because the mother waited 8 days before reporting the disappearance to police.

"When it's nine days old you've eliminated an Amber Alert and fresh tracks. If she gave the child to someone where did they go?" said Godwin.

more

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail