TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One way to get the word out across the state and surrounding states to be on the lookout for Gail's vehicle is to hit the truck stops and pass out flyers to all the truck drivers. Sometimes they can be your best eyes and ears.

:clap:The Facebook page(Bring Gail Home Now)that has been setup to assist in getting the word out about the missing status of Gail Nowacki Palmgren now is setup to "tweet" any news or up coming events etc with regard to Gail's missing status etc. Please make a note of the twitter address. You can setup your own free account on twitter for use with both pc's and smart-phones. Find them on twitter at :
BringGailHomeNow@BRING_GAIL_HOME :seeya:

Just catching up after half a day away.

The letter from Matt about the DVR is really whack! I'm sort of shocked by that, actually!

It's interesting that this letter appeared just as the Hamilton County detectives were going to AL for a search of the house and the lake, as well as an air search with helicopters. That's amazing!

I wonder if he sent the PI down there to search the house before the cops got there?

The drinking on Matt's part is all speculation and rumor so far, and hasn't been reported by police or an anyone in the media.

The time zone thing:

Tennessee and New York are BOTH on EST. So there is no time difference in the calls between Gail and her sister.

Alabama is on CST, so there would be a one hour difference there.

WRCB Video: Alabama Police Join Search Part One

Video Transcription (some is paraphrased, most is quoted verbatim)

Callie Starnes reporting: For the first time her story made local headlines in Wetumpka.

Arlene Durham, friend, says every store in Wetumpka has her picture now.

Sherriff Bill Franklin, Elmore County AL: "Anywhere between Tennessee and here where she stayed . . . along that route there's probably going to be BOLOs that are put out."

Arlene Durham: "This is her territory too, where she might feel comfortable if she did leave. She could be anywhere!"

Starnes: Signal Mt. and Hamilton County police are now looking to the Lake House for answers. Thursday, they searched the home. They won't say what or if clues were found, but Alabama authorities have been asked to keep an eye on the property.

Sherriff Franklin: "Anything odd. Anything unique. Anything that's changed."

Starnes: Officers have been advised to be on the lookout for Gail Palmgren, but Franklin says Tenn. authorities are staying tight-lipped about their investigation.

Sherriff Franklin: I'm sure they're going to hold close to the vest as far as what they're working on and what they're going to share with us."

Arlene Durham: I have to face reality, and the reality is the more she's gone and the more we don't find her vehicle, she's not alive. And that bothers me.

Callie Starnes: Investigators in both TN and AL say they are still treating this as a missing persons case. We have learned though from multiple sources that a helicopter crew and dive team will be combing parts of Hamilton County this week.
~~~~~~~~~~

Part Two Hightlights:

Callie Starnes: The weekend she went missing, the morning of April 30th, Gail abruptly packed up and returned to Tennessee, not calling to cancel plans with Durham.

Arlene Durham: "And I said, okay, and you could tell something was bothering her."

Starnes: Durham says she was helping Gail begin the divorce process and each week Gail would send her documents to hold on to. (Showing Arlene Durham holding documents).

Arlene Durham: "She knew if I had it, it was safe."

Starnes: Durham received a letter from Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren, demanding that all items belonging to the family be returned and banning her from the Palmgren's lakefront property. She says she has also been asked not to "complicate" the search for Gail.

Letter from Matt Palmgren to Arlene Durham:

May 17 (date fuzzy on video) , 2011

RE: Return of Property
Via: Hand Delivery
Arlene: It is my understanding that you are in possession of a Security System DVR that you picked up from Best Buy in Pratville, AL, on May 2, 2011. This is my property. Please give this DVR Mike Mathis, who is the private investigator whom I have hired on my behalf. I have asked Mr. Mathis to deliver this letter to you.

Further, if you should have any other property that belongs to me or to Gail, please give the same to Mike Mathis as well.

Sincerely, Matthew Palmgren

Arlene Durham: "If anybody's missing, it doesn't matter who they are, the more people out there looking for her right away, the better chance you have of finding her."

Starnes: Police search efforts have now expanded into Alabama. Durham says she will continue looking for her friend but fears the worst.

Sorry to delurk suddenly, but I have a question about the phone calls.

If it's true Diane called Gail at the lake house at 6:30 am, do you think it's possible that the phone call itself was what got Gail and the kids up and out of the house by 7 am (in order to be back at SM by noon)? I wonder what that phone call was about?

ETA: if I called my sister (or she called me) at that ridiculous hour of the morning it would have to be important!

It's a 2 hour drive to Birmingham, could it take another 2 hours to go the rest of the way? It's all highway from Signal Mountain...seems it would take less time, but depends on how you drive I imagine.

I really don't know. Mapquest shows it to be about.. 3 hrs 52 mins / 210.68 miles
The post I made was really in regards to the time difference and what time she would have had to have left the lake house in order to arrive back on Signal Mtn by 12:00 noon..That is WHY I used the word "IF" concerning the 4 hour travel time..

"Alabama is one hour behind Signal Mtn so IF it is a four hour drive she would have had to have left Alabama around 7:00 am on the 30th in order to arrive home at noon"..JMHO

Sorry to delurk suddenly, but I have a question about the phone calls.

If it's true Diane called Gail at the lake house at 6:30 am, do you think it's possible that the phone call itself was what got Gail and the kids up and out of the house by 7 am (in order to be back at SM by noon)? I wonder what that phone call was about?

ETA: if I called my sister (or she called me) at that ridiculous hour of the morning it would have to be important!

I could be wrong but my understanding is it was Gail who called her sister (Diane) at 6:30 am on Saturday the 30th.

I really don't know. Mapquest shows it to be about.. 3 hrs 52 mins / 210.68 miles
The post I made was really in regards to the time difference and what time she would have had to have left the lake house in order to arrive back on Signal Mtn by 12:00 noon..That is WHY I used the word "IF" concerning the 4 hour travel time..

"Alabama is one hour behind Signal Mtn so IF it is a four hour drive she would have had to have left Alabama around 7:00 am on the 30th in order to arrive home at noon"..JMHO

Yes, I figure it might take longer than Mapquest says to drive that far with kids in the car. You have to factor in bathroom breaks and possibly breakfast at a drive-thru.

calliestarnes Callie Starnes

BREAKING: Water search for Gail Palmgren's Jeep Rubicon has begun at the foot of Signal Mtn.

Investigators close to case say there's a 50/50 chance Palmgren is alive. The key is finding her vehicle.

So as far as the DVR goes, was this something that was just purchased? Or was this something that they owned that they took to Best Buy to have serviced?

It was taken to Best Buy for servicing. AD has it in her posession now . . . and MP wants it back desperately (see the letter from MP that AD showed Callie Starnes on news yesterday). AD also has it in writing from GP not to give hard drive to anyone. Guilty conscience, MP? This seems to be more important than helping look for the mother of your children. IMHO.

Btw, ATRUEFRIEND is the one who can best attest to any allegations of a drinking problem.

WHERE IS GAIL MARIE?!?!?

Word of caution.
There have been some comments regarding MP being an alcoholic or substance abuser. We really do not have any direct evidence of that, so lets stay away from that issue,please.
Thanks.

Today's search wrapped up. Ham. Co. authorities are working to plan an aerial search for Gail Palmgren's Jeep

I think it shows a significant amt of paranoia on MP's part to have his PI make an 8 hr round trip to AL to strong arm their neighbor into giving up a dvr and maybe a few papers and tell her not to set foot on thier property...
I thought this guy was supposed to be looking for Gail and here he is intimidating people instead.

His behavior is borderline despicable. I was trying not to jump to conclusions with this case, but the things I am learning about him are making up my mind for me.

His behavior is borderline despicable. I was trying not to jump to conclusions with this case, but the things I am learning about him are making up my mind for me.

bolded by me.

I like the way you say that, perico. His behavior is tying the noose around his own neck, all the while he's trying so hard for the opposite effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member