MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine the lights were turned off in the back because she was preparing to close up. OR the perp flipped the switch as he grabbed her at the back door, to keep from being seen more easily. I also assume the switch would be right inside the back door, makes sense to me.

My guess is that this was someone she was acquainted with, maybe someone who was stalking her. She could have recognized them by sight but did not know them well.

As for searches, it's possible that LE has done some searches without the public's knowledge, in the most likely areas. They generally don't do planned searches unless they have an idea where to look, through tips or other leads. In this case, obviously she could have been taken anywhere in any direction.

They do sometimes send out teams of officers to look around in certain places and often the public is never aware that these searches are going on because they aren't publicized. Officers can check dumpsters, alleyways, abandoned buildings, all kinds of hiding places while they're out patrolling, and not even appear to be looking for anything specific. So while it may not look like they're searching, they very well may be.

IIRC; one of the locals went looking for the light switch; could not find it. It's assumed it's in the office.

My thought are that she is not in the area.
She could have been taken and sold into sex trafficking!

something was going on in that gas station that night the 400.00 in her purse sure suggests that. The fact that the money was left behind also tell us it was not a robbery but they went there only to take Jessica.
I have a few ideas that I wont go into here because it might upset some and get me a TO but it makes total sense to me.

As I see it she is alive... But where could she be?

The cash in Jessica's purse doesn't suggest that "something was going on" other than she had been to a bank or the nearby Meijer to cash her paycheck (it was Friday). Nothing odd about that when many young people live paycheck-to-paycheck and pay cash for just about everything, including rent. :moo:

Have a good halloween everyone. Here in the Los Angeles area something is happening now that happened recently in west Michigan. Body parts started showing up in various places and they are found to belong to the same body. LE has determined that when this happens someone has put an intact body down a manhole into the waste system. On the way to where it is treated waste is broken up and thus the intact body does not pass through the system. Have the body parts in Michigan been tested for DNA against the people recently missing in Michigan.?

The body parts found in Michigan were in Macomb County. This is in metro-Detroit and not related to Jessica Heeringa's disappearance. Here's the Websleuths' discussion about those Macomb County cases:

MI MI - Macomb Co. WhtFem (UP10563 & 11130), Body Parts In Sewer, Aug/Dec'12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The cash in Jessica's purse doesn't suggest that "something was going on" other than she had been to a bank or the nearby Meijer to cash her paycheck (it was Friday). Nothing odd about that when many young people live paycheck-to-paycheck and pay cash for just about everything, including rent. :moo:

Agree!! There are so many "innocent" reasons to have cash in purse. I sometimes do for different reasons and I have caught myself thinking "I Wonder what this would look like to other ppl" but I have never been doing anything shady or anything that would involve meeting someone behind a gas station in pitch darkness. I really don't think she saw this coming at all.

Banks may have several reasons not to want to issue a creditcard and for some ppl a debitcard really isn't that much easier than cash.

Agree!! There are so many "innocent" reasons to have cash in purse. I sometimes do for different reasons and I have caught myself thinking "I Wonder what this would look like to other ppl" but I have never been doing anything shady or anything that would involve meeting someone behind a gas station in pitch darkness. I really don't think she saw this coming at all.

Banks may have several reasons not to want to issue a creditcard and for some ppl a debitcard really isn't that much easier than cash.

But this woman Iis missing and NO cash was taken from her or the station.
they took her.

One thing I don't think is going on here was drugs!

Then why mention it at all.
No one said she was seen at a bank if I recall
No one even explained the reason she had that much cash.

To me there was a reason they mentioned it!
JM:twocents:.

There is a Meijer (grocery/department store) near the Exxon station. Jessica was said to have gone there before her shift to cash her paycheck.
My niece and nephew are @ Jessica's age and neither has a checking account or credit/debit card. They are part-time students who work full time. They cash their weekly paychecks and pay for things with cash.

Was she wearing High Heeled boots?

I believe so, and we discussed that here. Some folks thought it peculiar that Jessica would wear high-heeled boots/shoes at work. Boots are a year-round fashion statement, and young women don't seem to mind the high-heels regardless of their job duties.

I believe so, and we discussed that here. Some folks thought it peculiar that Jessica would wear high-heeled boots/shoes at work. Boots are a year-round fashion statement, and young women don't seem to mind the high-heels regardless of their job duties.

Sorry not at a gas station!
Just my :twocents:

Something was going on at that gas station.
JMO
I cant really say what I think happened and I have an idea why the worker witness was in that parking lot and why her hubby was there also. I think LE does too and when they find Jessica they will make arrests!
JMO

I don't think its allowed.
Not by the company.
Safety !

she had to wear a uniform im guessing? Shirt Slacks? They usually tell u what kind of shoes too...

Im not saying anything about her not having a bank account.
She is a mom Id just think she had a bank account.
Kids living home under 18 don't need a bank account but if u are over 18 u need a bank account...

Did she rent? Or did they buy a house?

My niece and nephew are 23 and 24, respectively. They both work, attend community college, and live with their mother. Neither has a bank account.

Jessica and Dakotah rented a house in Muskegon.

I don't think its allowed.
Not by the company.
Safety !

she had to wear a uniform im guessing? Shirt Slacks? They usually tell u what kind of shoes too...

At the time of her disappearance, Jessica was said to have been wearing a tee-shirt with the Exxon station logo on it, jeans, and high-heeled boots. If there was a rule about footwear, Jessica's boss must not have enforced it. He supposedly liked to hire attractive young women and probably allowed them to dress as they pleased if it was good for business.

I think to rent u need a bank account so they can check your credit.
Along with references.

Jessica's fiancé, Dakotah, is several years older than Jessica. Perhaps he was renting the house prior to Jessica and Zevyn moving in with him. I don't know whether or not they rented the house jointly. Jessica and Zevyn had been living with Shelly Heeringa until Jessica and Dakotah got back together recently.

She was not pumping gas; she was a cashier. I don't see why heeled boots wouldn't be allowed

Here in Florida they wear a uniform! shirt pants and never saw a girl in heels
Sorry.

I don't think its part of the uniform.

Im just trying to think of reasons she went missing.
The money- the lights being out- the boots.
the witness sitting in the parking lot, its all very strange!
her phone- yes it was there then its said no it wasn't. I think she had a spare!
jmo

Hi ya! I found this article......

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/12/pf/fdic-bank-accounts/index.html

"Most commonly, households reported that they don't have a bank account because they don't have enough money to open and fund one, with 33% of respondents saying this is the case."

(snipped)
"checking accounts can be costly for some consumers -- especially for those living paycheck-to-paycheck who can't meet minimum balance requirements and get hit with fees or those who are chronic overdrafters."

I understand all that. But we don't know if she had one or not.
We don't really know if the more than 400.00 in her purse was her pay check.
Hey it could have been and probably was but what if it wasn't?

Just thinking out of the box here!

I doubt the lights were off in prep for her closing the station. I am guessing if she were gonna take out the trash etc she would want the lights ON... and she still had half an hour to her shift. I tend to agree with Eileen that there is more to the story than we are privy to.

thanks!

Id like to know if she did cash her check?
Not it was said she did!

Ill try to find something that says she did.

I am not sure if I am understanding this question as you have intended it, but I found this mlive article:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/06/jessica_heeringa_case_2_months.html

"A couple hundred dollars from a recently cashed pay check was left in her purse. Nothing inside the gas station appeared to be disturbed, police have said."

This article was written by Mlive writer Heather Lynn Peters
"on June 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM, updated June 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM".

I cannot believe all this time has passed and they are no closer to finding her then they were 2 hours after she disappeared. It seemed there was all kinds of information to start with in this case, that was going to lead to her being located. Since then, much of it has been discounted and there has been nothing new.

A search would be a huge project, but it's necessary. They need to be looking for this young lady. She has a child and a life. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member