MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hunting instinct. Some people will hunt for anything. I believe this instinct is inherited. Some who live with a hunter never hunt. While others who are raised with non hunters but fathered by a hunter end up hunting. In any event in 13 days the main deer hunting season starts in michigan . They will not overlook a vehicle, clothing, blood, or any kinds of remains. I would not overlook footprints of all kinds. Even if the hunters have not been informed about Jessica they will still find what is there to find. Good websleuthing!

The hunting instinct. Some people will hunt for anything. I believe this instinct is inherited. Some who live with a hunter never hunt. While others who are raised with non hunters but fathered by a hunter end up hunting. In any event in 13 days the main deer hunting season starts in michigan . They will not overlook a vehicle, clothing, blood, or any kinds of remains. I would not overlook footprints of all kinds. Even if the hunters have not been informed about Jessica they will still find what is there to find. Good websleuthing!

If they stumble on something, they do. But they won't be out looking for clothing, blood is long since washed away, ditto with footprints. That said, if she is in a place where people hunt, that is my best guess of how she will be found.

A couple hundred is a tad different than over 400 dollars don't u agree?

Right, and this link states $420.00

http://investigation.discovery.com/missing-persons/jessica-heeringa.htm

"Chief Shaw told me Jessica is very sociable, outgoing and very kind. There is a lack of evidence of a struggle from inside the building. Also, Jessica’s purse was left inside the station, along with $420, her jacket, keys to her car and her vehicle was still in the parking lot. The chief believes based on her personality, Jessica may know her abductor in one way or another" (snipped)....

My sister and I wear boots like this in the fall, winter and spring. Not every day, but often enough. This is Michigan. It's not at all unusual. They are cute. The boots mean nothing to me, except that she thought they looked cute on her.

$400 in your purse on payday doesn't seem that outlandish to me either. I agree that many people who live paycheck to paycheck live without a bank account. The risk of overdraft is too high when you can't manage to leave a cushion in your account, and there is usually a monthly fee if you can't leave a certain balance in the account each month (my bank is $500, some are higher). People without accounts often use money orders to pay utilities, and you need cash to buy money orders. The only thing I think is unusual about Jessica having that money is that whoever took her, left it at the station. It, along with the register money, pretty much rules out robbery as a motive IMO.

I just cannot believe that NSPD and how many private detectives now? Three? Have not been able to figure this out. Either this is a criminal mastermind or an incredibly lucky kidnapper.

There is nothing suspicious about Jessica cashing her paycheck - as reported early in the case - and having $400+ in her purse. There is nothing wrong, either, with her wearing high-heeled boots for her job as a cashier in a service station convenience store. I'm not going to speculate about Jessica's personal habits as if she was involved in something nefarious. Jessica is a victim. :moo:

...I just cannot believe that NSPD and how many private detectives now? Three? Have not been able to figure this out. Either this is a criminal mastermind or an incredibly lucky kidnapper.

More like a witness mastermind. Since very early in the case, I've thought that the witness' description of the perp and the silver minivan were bogus. Too much emphasis was placed on the alleged abduction vehicle and the man who took Jessica. If the possible suspect were a "real" person, someone would have been able to identify him. NSPD has since backed off the reliability of the witness' report, and it's a shame that so much time was spent looking for that elusive silver minivan and what I believe is a "composite" person of interest. :moo:

My sister and I wear boots like this in the fall, winter and spring. Not every day, but often enough. This is Michigan. It's not at all unusual. They are cute. The boots mean nothing to me, except that she thought they looked cute on her.

$400 in your purse on payday doesn't seem that outlandish to me either. I agree that many people who live paycheck to paycheck live without a bank account. The risk of overdraft is too high when you can't manage to leave a cushion in your account, and there is usually a monthly fee if you can't leave a certain balance in the account each month (my bank is $500, some are higher). People without accounts often use money orders to pay utilities, and you need cash to buy money orders. The only thing I think is unusual about Jessica having that money is that whoever took her, left it at the station. It, along with the register money, pretty much rules out robbery as a motive IMO.

I just cannot believe that NSPD and how many private detectives now? Three? Have not been able to figure this out. Either this is a criminal mastermind or an incredibly lucky kidnapper.

IMO its someone she knows very well!

The movement by Jessica's family and friends to have the case moved to the state police is doomed to failure. Presently the funds are so low in LE that the police have to buy their own uniforms and bullets. It is going to be up to the public to solve this case.

The movement by Jessica's family and friends to have the case moved to the state police is doomed to failure. Presently the funds are so low in LE that the police have to buy their own uniforms and bullets. It is going to be up to the public to solve this case.

It's true. They have closed several state police posts to save money recently. Our local post is in Grand Haven, and is still open, but there have been many cuts.

I do understand Jessica's family calling for them to take over the case. If this was my sister, my kid....if NSPD can't get it done, then what are the family's alternatives? They obviously are not willing to just let her story die down. I give them mad credit for their dedication to finding Jessica. I only wish every missing person had such love and support behind them. As much as I want Jessica to be found safely for Jessica, I want it for her family. They are troopers. Her grandparents sitting outside in the hot sun and cold rain weekend after weekend. At first, there were tons of people around to support and comfort them. Lately, not so many. But they still drive over here and set up camp, facing down that Exxon station the whole time. They don't want Jessica forgotten, and they are a very large reason why she hasn't been. I can't imagine their pain.

FWIW, another reason to not have a bank account, is that some people do not trust banks so they want to have their money in a special secret place. I worked at a bank and we cashed checks all the time for people without bank accounts. Another reason was that they had a bad experience and caused their bank account to have an overdrawn balance. They couldn't open with another bank. We were able to see if they did owe another bank and would say that they could open an account once they cleared up the balance with their previous bank.

<respectfully snipped for reference>

As for searches, it's possible that LE has done some searches without the public's knowledge, in the most likely areas. They generally don't do planned searches unless they have an idea where to look, through tips or other leads. In this case, obviously she could have been taken anywhere in any direction.

They do sometimes send out teams of officers to look around in certain places and often the public is never aware that these searches are going on because they aren't publicized. Officers can check dumpsters, alleyways, abandoned buildings, all kinds of hiding places while they're out patrolling, and not even appear to be looking for anything specific. So while it may not look like they're searching, they very well may be.

Absolutely! :) Great post TxLady2!!! :)

But your young u have a family there are many things u cant do without a bank account in life!

Savings accounts checking accounts having a debit card just makes life easier and saves u from carrying around a lot of cash.

but if you cant manage your money and over spend then I guess its best NOT to have bank accounts.

But u cant get far in life without one!

Maybe we can all agree that to most ppl Jessica's job was not necessarily the dream job for a lot of ppl (working late shifts alone hello). So it is likely that she had to do it because they really needed the money. And if you don't have much money it's just that much easier to "over spend" and much more of a problem to do so, so I think there could be several reasons to not have a bank account.

But Jessica did not do anything wrong or illegal here, she is the victim and I really think it's rude to suggest she was "over spending" or that she was carrying cash for shady reasons. In written Words your opinion comes across as either she was irresponsible with her money (and how dare any of us discuss that at all!!) or she was doing something shady. It is very upsetting! Maybe the bank account discussion should end here because clearly the money in her purse has not turned up any leads at all so I would say that is personal information irrelevant to the investigation.

No matter what she did with her money, she deserves to come home and please just focus on that!
As a mother I can only imagine what she felt when she realized she was being taken. I'm pretty sure she thought about her son and how much he would miss her if she was not to come home. I am sure that when she made ready to soon go home, she was mostly happy to go home to her son and if I were her I would have to check on him as the first thing after coming home and maybe see if I could even give him a little kiss without waking him up.

Jessica has to come home soon!

^ Stinneb,
Thank you for your thoughtful post. You said many things that have been on my mind for several days now in the wake of the comments about the amount of money in Jessica's purse, the possible lack of a bank account (if that's true), wearing high-heeled boots, etc. as if these things somehow play into the young woman's disappearance. I, too, posted something to this effect earlier because I was so upset about the current tenor of this thread and hoped that it would cease.

It's bad enough that fingers are being pointed at various people on FJHFB when those individuals might not have anything to do with Jessica's abduction. No one here should be even remotely suggesting that Jessica was involved in some type of nefarious activity simply because she had X amount of cash in her purse or because she wore high-heeled boots. Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum, and Jessica is a victim. :moo:

Over the last few pages, there have been multiple references to the boots Jessica wore and whether she has a bank account. Neither of these has anything to do with why she is missing. We are not here to delve into her personal life and shoe/banking habits. Please focus on finding Jessica, and do not even hint that she may be responsible for her own disappearance.

I think it's always a good idea to keep in mind that Jessica's family is more than likely reading here and that, hopefully, one day Jessica might read here as well. Everyone should post their comments with this in mind.

Additionally, there is no doubt that Jessica is not perfect. I am not perfect, nobody here is perfect. Each of us has made, and will make, mistakes...have lapses in judgement. I think we can all agree that we wouldn't want our families having to read our shortcomings detailed in public posts if anything should ever happen to us.

What happened to Jessica was done TO HER. If she was wearing flip flops and had a debit card in her back pocket, does anyone believe that would have changed the course of events?

I think it's always a good idea to keep in mind that Jessica's family is more than likely reading here and that, hopefully, one day Jessica might read here as well. Everyone should post their comments with this in mind.

Additionally, there is no doubt that Jessica is not perfect. I am not perfect, nobody here is perfect. Each of us has made, and will make, mistakes...have lapses in judgement. I think we can all agree that we wouldn't want our families having to read our shortcomings detailed in public posts if anything should ever happen to us.

What happened to Jessica was done TO HER. If she was wearing flip flops and had a debit card in her back pocket, does anyone believe that would have changed the course of events?

Thank you for the nice post, Flutterby. I couldn't help feeling saddened about Jessica's loved ones reading comments here that were not victim-friendly. I'm sure that her family reads Websleuths, and I want them to know that we want very much for Jessica to come home to those who love her. Jessica's family and friends miss her, and I join them in hope and prayer that she will be found soon. :please:

^ Stinneb,
Thank you for your thoughtful post. You said many things that have been on my mind for several days now in the wake of the comments about the amount of money in Jessica's purse, the possible lack of a bank account (if that's true), wearing high-heeled boots, etc. as if these things somehow play into the young woman's disappearance. I, too, posted something to this effect earlier because I was so upset about the current tenor of this thread and hoped that it would cease.

It's bad enough that fingers are being pointed at various people on FJHFB when those individuals might not have anything to do with Jessica's abduction. No one here should be even remotely suggesting that Jessica was involved in some type of nefarious activity simply because she had X amount of cash in her purse or because she wore high-heeled boots. Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum, and Jessica is a victim. :moo:

Thank you! And yes I noticed that you stood up for Jessica - NOT that it should be necessary at all, but it makes me happy all the same.
Your post says it all so well and I agree completely!!

Now hopefully we can move on.

Over the last few pages, there have been multiple references to the boots Jessica wore and whether she has a bank account. Neither of these has anything to do with why she is missing. We are not here to delve into her personal life and shoe/banking habits. Please focus on finding Jessica, and do not even hint that she may be responsible for her own disappearance.

Spot on and thank you!
There are plenty of folks without a checking/savings account at a conventional bank. And, her boots? It's simply whatever she thought was stylish. For goodness sakes, she's young. No bearing on the case at all. I'm of the opinion that she was taken from her job for nefarious reasons and her bill paying and wardrobe had nothing to do with it. Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona